• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Now That The NBE Is Shutout Of The NCG...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Solution:

Win 10 games a year consistantly and be picked up by a better conference.

That may not be so easy if the SEC, B10 and B12 take the scraps of the ACC if they ever dissolve and there is no room left.

I hate to be the Debbie Downer, but I see all of what's happening in CFB as a consolidation of power, not as a re-distrubtion of it. To this point, we have not been given a seat at the table. What makes some of you think we are (or would be, if we ever won the conference) any different than Boise State, who for all of their recent accomplishments have been denied the respect and prestige they have earned?

Face it, there will ALWAYS be a reason to keep the little guy out of CFB. The abolishing of the BCS just makes it easier.

I love USF - I have given generously to the school and I will continue to in the future. However, I think I am more realistic than some on this board in believing that we will not have a seat at the table when all is said and done.

The fact of the matter is USF is looked down upon by almost all of the collegiate world, athletically and academically. Perhaps the powers that be are threatened by us, but it is what it is. Those in the position of power and prestige are not going to do USF any favors in helping us improve our clout - just look at how biased everything is in Tallahassee.

I think some of you are going to be very disappointed when things don't pan out the way you think they will.

Well 1st off let's look at the facts. Boise State is Not "denied the respect and prestige they have earned". For anyone who knows anything about CFB, BSU is a known and respected football team and have received the benefit of that knowledge. They have been to a BCS bowl game 2x in the last 5 years. What do you think they got in because of there good looking field?

2nd- "USF is looked down upon by almost all of the collegiate world, athletically and academically". Give me a break. We are the Cinderella waiting for Prince Charming to show up. Every year the pundits pick us to win or compete for the BE title. Our problem has been matching the performance to the expectation. Were you around when we shot to the top of the polls based or wining starts to our FB season and not much else? Geez, we are on the brink of signing the best FB recruiting class in our history after coming off of a disastrous 2011 campaign. We have beautiful new athletic facilities. We have just improved our APR scores at a record pace. Would you rather be prestigious UConn who can't play in the postseason next year, because their BB team is failing everything?

The title of this thread is completely inaccurate. We didn't get "shut out" of anything by that news yesterday. It is in fact a source of an entire new income stream for USF. You need to pepper your argument with supportable facts, rather than crying "no one loves us". You aren't arguing glass half empty... you are trying to say no one will put anything in my glass. We have to go earn this. We do that, we are fine. And thanks for giving to the cause, don't give up yet.

yeah I don't get it. a system where we earn more money, have a greater chance of making MNC and, I think, improve our conference schedule and everybody is jumping off the skyway.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

I'm actually looking forward to the NBE. I'm excited for Houston, Boise, and even a rivalry with UCF will bring some more excitement to the conference. These teams will see a recruiting and performance bump from the conference change in my opinion and are in good markets to increase the performance of their programs. Adds from Cali, TX, and FL will help the conference recruit and give coast to coast interest and maybe even benefit TV viewership with the 4 time zones. If the teams could just stick together the conference has great potential IMO, but in the immediate landscape anyone with a chance will leave unfortunately.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I've pondered and commented on this previously in this thread, but now I'll ask again, once the 'power conferences' finish their expansion (and there's no reason to believe they are finished now) and the PAC - B10 & proposed B12 - ND scheduling agreements take effect, how will we, or anyone else in the NBE or below schedule 'tough enough' as Bull94 suggested?

If, as I understand it, SOS becomes a bigger component of being favored by the selection committee and earning a spot in the playoffs, I believe the opportunities to play a team from the five top conferences (as they will be larger and have scheduling agreements) will become fewer, harder to schedule and therefore, harder to define our season by.

I'm not being pessimistic as how things are here and now, as they look today - I'm thinking and commenting about how the landscape will look once the dust settles from these recent announcements and expansion is done.

I appreciate the debate and do not mind being told I'm wrong when I am - thank you.

expansion happened so conferences could renegotiate their tv deals. it wasn't so they could consolidate power.

there is no mythical man behind the curtain that is pulling strings and plans to exclude us.

they could have had scheduling agreements in place long ago.

we are not in the position of a SEC team where we can schedule light OOC competition. Honestly we never were. We should have to earn it on the field just like anyone else.

Imagine when the power conferences get a taste of that playoff money. now what are they going to think when they can go to 8 teams and have say an undefeated big east team play ohio state in the first round and bank twice as much. notice how power conferences don't exclude the non power conferences from basketball. in fact when they first expanded the tournament they had conference champs only which benefited the smaller conferences over the power conferences.it's a symbiotic relationship that benefits both power and non power conferences.

Edited by Bull94

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

I'm actually looking forward to the NBE. I'm excited for Houston, Boise, and even a rivalry with UCF will bring some more excitement to the conference. These teams will see a recruiting and performance bump from the conference change in my opinion and are in good markets to increase the performance of their programs. Adds from Cali, TX, and FL will help the conference recruit and give coast to coast interest and maybe even benefit TV viewership with the 4 time zones. If the teams could just stick together the conference has great potential IMO, but in the immediate landscape anyone with a chance will leave unfortunately.

Yeah, would you rather go to San Diego, Houston, Orlando and Boise(great skiing) in December. Or Morgantown, Pittsburgh and Syracuse? This is real easy, Cheerleaders in Syracuse wear about 30 extra pounds and fur parka's in Dec. San Diego, some time's they don't wear anything(great beaches).

Oh and everyone seems to forget. The guys that crafted this. 7 of the 12 votes came from conferences not a part of the Big 5. 7 of the 12 to approve it, will also be outside of the power conferences.

Edited by Bullwinkle

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

This realignment **** is just getting going.....

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

^^^ Ya I was reading on texags a thread about speculation Oklahoma leaving the Big XII for the B1G and all these other crazy scenarios. SEC will further expand, ACC will further expand, BigXII will expand, then PAC and B1G may try to expand as well... It may take 3 years, 5 years, or 10 years but I believe it will happen.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

The Pac 12 has painted themselves into a corner. Unless they add four teams further east as a group, I don't see who else they can add now that they've turned down Texas and Oklahoma.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

The Pac 12 has painted themselves into a corner. Unless they add four teams further east as a group, I don't see who else they can add now that they've turned down Texas and Oklahoma.

violation, maybe they'd throw us a life preserver?

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

violation, maybe they'd throw us a life preserver?

No worse than SDSU being in the Big EAST, right? LOL

No thanks. If we can't get in the ACC, the best place for us is the BE

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,116
  • Days Won:  7

Don't think for a second that they wouldn't pick off Boise State in a heartbeat. They're a much better geographic fit for the Pac-12 and there's absolutely no question BSU would go there-the money is way better than it is in the Big East. SDSU could come into play as well. After that, not sure.