• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Now That The NBE Is Shutout Of The NCG...

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Will people quite saying the NBE is better than the old. It's not...this whole situation sucks.

Over the last several years, the NBE teams have been at least as good on the field. There are less traditional "prestige" schools. That is why we want the system to be based on on the field performance rather than names. If it is based on the field performance, we have a fighting chance.

It's easy when you're playing the Rices and UTEPs of the world. Look at SMU, UCF, Temple, and Houston (w/o Keenum) have done against quality opponents. Your answer is there.

Listen we're in a MUCH better position than everyone else below us. It's the 5, then us, then the 4.

Qqluandlagainst quality opponents

UCF beat Georgia in a bowl game last year, and Houston upset Penn State in this year's Ticket City Bowl.

That Georgia team finished 6-7, and Penn State wasn't very good and had just been through the worst scandal in college history.

Will people quite saying the NBE is better than the old. It's not...this whole situation sucks.

Over the last several years, the NBE teams have been at least as good on the field. There are less traditional "prestige" schools. That is why we want the system to be based on on the field performance rather than names. If it is based on the field performance, we have a fighting chance.

It's easy when you're playing the Rices and UTEPs of the world. Look at SMU, UCF, Temple, and Houston (w/o Keenum) have done against quality opponents. Your answer is there.

Listen we're in a MUCH better position than everyone else below us. It's the 5, then us, then the 4.

Qqluandlagainst quality opponents

UCF beat Georgia in a bowl game last year, and Houston upset Penn State in this year's Ticket City Bowl.

The ucf beat UGA and Houston beating Penn State example solidifies Joe's point. If you play 10 "smaller" teams, and only 1 large you have a much better chance to beat them. If you play 11 medium to large teams you have a much lower chance of winning 90% of your games. Size does matter.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Oh, another prediction. Andrea Analson will declare the downfall of the BE tomorrow as well.

Correction, the deed is already done. She stayed up just to try to put a stake through our heart.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

OMG. The Sky Has Fallen and consistent BE conference hater Brett McMurphy Has confirmed it. Unfortunately for him, as usual, the facts don't support the conclusion. Quoting Brett is like looking at a broken wind vane to see how hard the wind is blowing in a hurricane. Even the quotes within his article, belie his conclusions. The BE is no worse off than let's say Notre Dame? Maybe that's why they are scrambling toward the B12. They haven't been ranked in 5 years while new NBE member Boise is 5th in the country. If Boise can make it into BCS bowls every year despite coming from some conference out west. Why is the BE doomed. We get a revenue source we have never had. The selection comm. composition will be determined by 12 conferences. All this talk about the Big 4 or 5 is paranoid.If the use the last 5 year ranking model to determine revenue distribution, we will have the biggest windfall we have ever had. Using Brett's numbers, here we go:

Playoff revenue est. between 400-500 MM. I use 500MM in my calculation for easy calculation and an optimistic approach.

Big East 2014 members have 130 ranking pts out of a possible 1635. Percentage of the take according to these assumptions.7.95 per cent , we round to 8.

8 per cent of the $500MM revenues equal $40MM. Divided by let assume 12 BE teams $3.33 MM per team.

This is all completely independent of our new TV deal. Are you aware of what our total payout for TV revenue was last year? $3.3 million dollars per school.The playoff revenue split will be greater than what we have been getting for everything each year. And we are going to instigate a bidding war in the fall for the last remaining CFB programming rights. My prediction here and now is that we get somewhere between 10 and 15 million per team. half of what the B12, SEC and P12 get. Far fetched I think not.

Now to the issue of the "selection committee. We use it for CBB and no one grouses that much. It probably has a tilt toward the Elite team, but not much. This selection committe has to be approved by a majority of 11 conferences and ND. They need 7 votes. If they put together a selection committee that isn't fair, it will fail miserably. The 5 Big conferences, even with ND can't get the votes to pass a bogus selection comm. I was pissed when I first heard about this but, it is growing on me as we speak. Sure, the rich get richer. But they were gonna get richer anyway. We may be barnacles on the Queen Mary but we are barnacles with 5 times more revenues than we had yesterday. After analyzing this, I could give a flying **** what BMM says about the BE. We are rich.They got my vote.

Oh and as to the BE being shut out of the NCG, that just flies in the face of the announcement. The top 4 teams by consensus will go. Means you have to play a tougher OOC schedule if you want to get there. tOSU can't schedule all the OH comm. colleges and expect to get in. It will probably improve the team play and level the playing field without giving guaranteed spots to anyone. I like it. BSU is gonna rock in this format. They won't have to climb over every swinging **** conference champion to get in the 4. We better toughen up if we expect to get to that level. time to put up or :stfu:

The WAC is dead. There are only 10 conferences.

They have a representative at the meetings and a voting share in the Presidential Oversight committee.

That's because they're BCS members. Come 2014 they won't exist. There will be 10 conferences and ND

• Downvote 1

OMG. The Sky Has Fallen and consistent BE conference hater Brett McMurphy Has confirmed it. Unfortunately for him, as usual, the facts don't support the conclusion. Quoting Brett is like looking at a broken wind vane to see how hard the wind is blowing in a hurricane. Even the quotes within his article, belie his conclusions. The BE is no worse off than let's say Notre Dame? Maybe that's why they are scrambling toward the B12. They haven't been ranked in 5 years while new NBE member Boise is 5th in the country. If Boise can make it into BCS bowls every year despite coming from some conference out west. Why is the BE doomed. We get a revenue source we have never had. The selection comm. composition will be determined by 12 conferences. All this talk about the Big 4 or 5 is paranoid.If the use the last 5 year ranking model to determine revenue distribution, we will have the biggest windfall we have ever had. Using Brett's numbers, here we go:

Playoff revenue est. between 400-500 MM. I use 500MM in my calculation for easy calculation and an optimistic approach.

Big East 2014 members have 130 ranking pts out of a possible 1635. Percentage of the take according to these assumptions.7.95 per cent , we round to 8.

8 per cent of the $500MM revenues equal $40MM. Divided by let assume 12 BE teams $3.33 MM per team.

This is all completely independent of our new TV deal. Are you aware of what our total payout for TV revenue was last year? $3.3 million dollars per school.The playoff revenue split will be greater than what we have been getting for everything each year. And we are going to instigate a bidding war in the fall for the last remaining CFB programming rights. My prediction here and now is that we get somewhere between 10 and 15 million per team. half of what the B12, SEC and P12 get. Far fetched I think not.

Now to the issue of the "selection committee. We use it for CBB and no one grouses that much. It probably has a tilt toward the Elite team, but not much. This selection committe has to be approved by a majority of 11 conferences and ND. They need 7 votes. If they put together a selection committee that isn't fair, it will fail miserably. The 5 Big conferences, even with ND can't get the votes to pass a bogus selection comm. I was pissed when I first heard about this but, it is growing on me as we speak. Sure, the rich get richer. But they were gonna get richer anyway. We may be barnacles on the Queen Mary but we are barnacles with 5 times more revenues than we had yesterday. After analyzing this, I could give a flying **** what BMM says about the BE. We are rich.They got my vote.

Oh and as to the BE being shut out of the NCG, that just flies in the face of the announcement. The top 4 teams by consensus will go. Means you have to play a tougher OOC schedule if you want to get there. tOSU can't schedule all the OH comm. colleges and expect to get in. It will probably improve the team play and level the playing field without giving guaranteed spots to anyone. I like it. BSU is gonna rock in this format. They won't have to climb over every swinging **** conference champion to get in the 4. We better toughen up if we expect to get to that level. time to put up or :stfu:

The WAC is dead. There are only 10 conferences.

They have a representative at the meetings and a voting share in the Presidential Oversight committee.

That's because they're BCS members. Come 2014 they won't exist. There will be 10 conferences and ND

The vote is next week, Sherlock. Are you thick or what? I was talking about whether there were enough votes to pass the changes to the playoff format, not whether some conference was going to survive in the future, especially a conference which no one gives a flying fox about. Edited by Bullwinkle

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,116
  • Days Won:  7

Firstly, even if you factor in that there are 5 conferences plus ND, that's six out of eleven. Last I checked that's a majority. We're suddenly outnumbered and it's going to go the way of the House of Representatives-the minority will never have a shot at anything.

As for barnacles on the Queen Mary. Consider that even if we're barnacles, we don't match up to the first class passengers who will have five to ten times our revenue.

We can fight all we like-it's going to take a hell of a lot more to make us big than just winning big yearly. Look what it did for Boise and Cincinnati-they're both still on the outside looking in despite one team consistently in the top 10 of college football and the other having won a BCS conferences three out of the last four years.

It became obvious a long time ago that this conference realignment was all about money. This playoff system that they've created for the time being is about as real as a unicorn.

Let's face it-unless we get a lifeboat to one of the now so-called Big 5, it'll be a long time before we sniff anything close to a big money game.

Firstly, even if you factor in that there are 5 conferences plus ND, that's six out of eleven. Last I checked that's a majority. We're suddenly outnumbered and it's going to go the way of the House of Representatives-the minority will never have a shot at anything.

There are twelve votes on the Presidential Oversight Committee. Geez, can you guys keep up with the math? Here are the members, just in case you need a source for the 3rd time.

BCS playoff talks continue

Updated: June 20, 2012, 10:57 PM ETAssociated Press

The 12-member BCS Presidential Oversight Committee meets Tuesday in Washington. The commissioners and Swarbrick all stressed that ultimately the decision lies with the presidents. And that they will have more than just one model to talk about at their meeting.

http://espn.go.com/c...rk-playoff-plan

Edited by Bullwinkle

As to this doomsday scenario

As for barnacles on the Queen Mary. Consider that even if we're barnacles, we don't match up to the first class passengers who will have five to ten times our revenue.

What do you think we have now, parity? ND and the SEC get 24-25 million a year in TV revenues. The B12 and P12 get about 20 million and the ACC is headed from 14 towards 17 million. We get 3.3 million. Worst case out of all of this we increase our revenue stream 5 fold. Yes we are barnacles but we are still traveling on a World Class cruiser. BSU has dominated while making about 1.5 million in TV revenues. We are gonna wind up with 10 times that and your crying about it?

I mean, let's assume you were born ugly. Want to piss and moan about that your whole life, or you want to go out , make a bunch of money and marry a Supermodel? Money doesn't make winning programs, ask Notre Dame. Biggest TV contract in the land for the last 5 years, all that prestige and history and an unlimited talent pool of recruits. What has it gotten them. Not a sniff of the Top 25 for 5 years now. And humbled in THEIR HOUSE by little pup USF. and we stole their Freshman All-American away from them. You think ND knows who we are now? You bet your spanking behind they do.

Grow some quevos son? We ARE gonna do this. And we are gonna do it big. Have you seen this recruiting class yet? I don't give a Rhino's Horn, what conference we are in. i don't care how much money we get. Leavitt started this thing out of a mobile home, not so very long ago. Look at what we have done. I guess after you lived as long as I have you come to realize that things don't always happen overnight, but if you play the game right. These things do happen.

Edited by Bullwinkle

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,634
  • Days Won:  424

OMG. The Sky Has Fallen and consistent BE conference hater Brett McMurphy Has confirmed it.

Confirmed what?

Now to the issue of the "selection committee. We use it for CBB and no one grouses that much.

You're joking, right??

OMG. The Sky Has Fallen and consistent BE conference hater Brett McMurphy Has confirmed it.

Confirmed what?

Now to the issue of the "selection committee. We use it for CBB and no one grouses that much.

You're joking, right??

you're really not expecting a response to that post, are you?It's kind of a silly couple questions with no controverting argument. Come on, you can do at least a little better than that, can't you? Edited by Bullwinkle

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  185
  • Days Won:  0

I agree with you Bullwinkle, I think we will end up getting the raw end of the deal but the main point is if we win and dominate the BE we will have an arguement. I think the BE is playing this perfectly by adding quality in football w/ Boise and bringing in schools w/ some tradition but a large viewerbase/Metro area in SMU, Memphis, Temple and Houston. Then you have two schools who both have are based in large Metro areas in UCF and SDSU(both are premium recruiting areas in football). If the system does endup being biased and there is an arguement like there is now to change it we will be in good shape with all the these cities being behind us.

Granted I think it was a bad comment by Obama to say he would intervene but that will be something we could use for an arguement as we will represent a large portion of the US population. When dealing with contracts like we are now and the schools being a majority public schools the government can easily intervene and make a case. Regardless the main thing is to win our games and then we can biotch about the new system, until then its a moot point. But look at what Boise, Utah and TCU were able to do in a few years where there was already a contract in place for only 6 BCS conferences.

They have changed how the BCS functions as well as conferences as a whole. This has been going on for years and nothing has changed, look at the old SWC it's part C-USA part BIG12. Then you have the schools that played the big boys and won with Da U, VT and FSU all of them breaking the old school mold in the past 30 yrs by winning. We just have to put up or shutup!