• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

BCS gone; BE not in Big 5 conferences

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

I think The Big East cause of action against the ACC and B12 might be worth more than the TV dollars from a playoff. I say file the suit tomorrow. Grow some cajones. the settlement is structured something like this: Big East get's an equal piece of the pie.

For what? Being on the bad side of a business deal.

Collusion, Fraud and tortious interference with a Business relationship. I mean Ramsey should be hollering from the rooftops right now. Our interim commissioner should be on CNN and we should be filing injunctive relief to stop this from going forward. Any lawyer worth 2 cents could find 10 causes of action in this rotten dealing. I mean, ESPN is clearly orchestrating this deal to steer business away from the BE because they wouldn't play ball. Add restriction of free commerce. Where is our Governor in all this? Jesus, I'm not even a lawyer, but I have been a businessman my whole life and if they were doing this to my business they would have a stack of papers on their door step so fast it would make their head spin. Edited by Bullwinkle

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I mean Ramsey should be hollering from the rooftops right now.

See my original post above for a good reason why Ramsey isn't hollering from the rooftops right now, nor should we expect him to in the future.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

On the bright side, I think a 12-0 or 13-0 BE team makes the 4-team playoff. It would also be great if we could get the Orange Bowl to work with us, so we have a good bowl to send our champ if we don't qualify for the playoff. I'm 50/50 on the relationship with the Orange.

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

From what i read that is espn's slanted opinion of wat the revenue sharing will be, its still wait and see at this point, espn has been thowing little jabs like that at the BE since we turned down the offee

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

See my original post above for a good reason why Ramsey isn't hollering from the rooftops right now, nor should we expect him to in the future.

Yes, but if he isn't truly representing the BE he should be removed from his post forthwith.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I think The Big East cause of action against the ACC and B12 might be worth more than the TV dollars from a playoff. I say file the suit tomorrow. Grow some cajones. the settlement is structured something like this: Big East get's an equal piece of the pie.

For what? Being on the bad side of a business deal.

Collusion, Fraud and tortious interference with a Business relationship. I mean Ramsey should be hollering from the rooftops right now. Our interim commissioner should be on CNN and we should be filing injunctive relief to stop this from going forward. Any lawyer worth 2 cents could find 10 causes of action in this rotten dealing. I mean, ESPN is clearly orchestrating this deal to steer business away from the BE because they wouldn't play ball. Add restriction of free commerce. Where is our Governor in all this? Jesus, I'm not even a lawyer, but I have been a businessman my whole life and if they were doing this to my business they would have a stack of papers on their door step so fast it would make their head spin.

I don't think we have a suit man. We filed what we could. WVU and TCU. Why wouldn't we sue the conferences if we could.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Yes, but if he isn't truly representing the BE he should be removed from his post forthwith.

Completely agree, however, there's no knowing if he is or not until the damage is already done. Wasn't it Pitt that had the prez or AD that advised the BE against the TV deal with ESPN when they subsequently bolted for the ACC?

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

Revenue should be shared something along the lines of conference money. Split it up equally between all FBS conferences, and then the playoff participating conferences get a larger share that gets shared depending on how their conference decides.

If all 11 FBS conferences have votes, then a group of 5 wouldn't control, so if may be better than what we have now. In the end it just comes down to win all the games, and you will probably get into the playoff.

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Wait a minute. That is not what the article says. The writer of the article is guessing that the BE will be squeezed, but not based on anything said by the unnamed sources.

I think we need to wait until official word comes out before widespread panic ensues.