• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

BCS gone; BE not in Big 5 conferences

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

In fact, if money is divided up by perfomance in the BCS ratings system over the last few years, the Big East will be at least on par with the ACC. This writer obviously hasn't done much research.

The commissioners are considering a revenue sharing model that would reward revenue based on a league's past performance in the BCS standings since 1998. Delany said this week he would like academic performance to be a consideration in how the money is divided.

Room for more at large teams. If that is accurate, there would still be AQ for some of the BCS bowl slots which would continue as it does today. The real question is whether there still is a real or de facto AQ, and wheter the BE would have one.

The commissioners were very diligent in making sure each of the 11 FBS conferences would have access to playing in the semifinals and other BCS games. They eliminated "AQ" and "non-AQ" status at a meeting in April, so teams from any of the 11 conferences would be eligible to be selected for the playoffs by the committee. The commissioners are also considering adding at least one more BCS bowl (and possibly two) to create more at-large berths for teams from outside the bigger conferences. It's believed the new Champions Bowl, which would pit a Big 12 team against an SEC team, might be part of the BCS rotation.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

The commissioners are considering a revenue sharing model that would reward revenue based on a league's past performance in the BCS standings since 1998. Delany said this week he would like academic performance to be a consideration in how the money is divided.

Well Jim, if you can show me a math major that can catch 3 TD's a game, I'll agree that your proposal is valid. What a crock.I mean if you think anyone who settles in to watch a Saturday afternoon gives a flying rat's behind what the academic standing of their opponent is, you are even dumber than that comment. Merely a way to try to skew more $$$$ in the direction of the B1g. Are we gonna have a Coaches poll to determine which school is the smartest?? Edited by Bullwinkle

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

In fact, if money is divided up by perfomance in the BCS ratings system over the last few years, the Big East will be at least on par with the ACC. This writer obviously hasn't done much research.

Pretty close! Love how ND has 0 points.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/brett-mcmurphy/19380435

1. SEC 407 points

2. Big 12 361 points

3. Big Ten 259 points

4. Pac-12 224 points

5. ACC 184 points

6. Big East 130 points

7. BYU 31 points

8. MWC 30 points

9. C-USA 5 points

10. MAC 4 points

11 (tie). Notre Dame, WAC and Sun Belt 0 points

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

On the bright side, I think a 12-0 or 13-0 BE team makes the 4-team playoff. It would also be great if we could get the Orange Bowl to work with us, so we have a good bowl to send our champ if we don't qualify for the playoff. I'm 50/50 on the relationship with the Orange.

I don't think so. A one loss SEC, B1G, Big12.....would get chosen over an undefeated BE team. JMO

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Well Jim, if you can show me a math major that can catch 3 TD's a game, I'll agree that your proposal is valid. What a crock.I mean if you think anyone who settles in to watch a Saturday afternoon gives a flying rat's behind what the academic standing of their opponent is, you are even dumber than that comment. Merely a way to try to skew more $$$$ in the direction of the B1g. Are we gonna have a Coaches poll to determine which school is the smartest??

We already have the APR system.

http://www.cbssports...murphy/19380435

1. SEC 407 points

2. Big 12 361 points

3. Big Ten 259 points

4. Pac-12 224 points

5. ACC 184 points

6. Big East 130 points

7. BYU 31 points

8. MWC 30 points

9. C-USA 5 points

10. MAC 4 points

The incoming teams are slightly better than the outgoing teams as a whole, so if that is the way it works the BE will be ok.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Jake Taylor: [Jake stands up] Well then I guess there's only one thing left to do.

Roger Dorn: What's that?

Jake Taylor: Win the whole f***ing thing.

Slow clap...

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/brett-mcmurphy/19380435

1. SEC 407 points

2. Big 12 361 points

3. Big Ten 259 points

4. Pac-12 224 points

5. ACC 184 points

6. Big East 130 points

7. BYU 31 points

8. MWC 30 points

9. C-USA 5 points

10. MAC 4 points

ok Data lets play the number games: First CBS does the what ????? Top 25 BCS points as they call it .

ACC in BCS games 2-13 BE 7-7 Now lets talk. :)