• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

NCAA committee chair discusses process

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

I get the feeling that he's giving the "party" line when answering these questions. I don't buy that the conference record doesn't matter or how a team finishes isn't factored into their selection, but its not the correct thing to say.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I get the feeling that he's giving the "party" line when answering these questions. I don't buy that the conference record doesn't matter or how a team finishes isn't factored into their selection, but its not the correct thing to say.

Conference record doesn't matter. Overall record gets you into the bubble discussion and then it's all about quality wins, close games, and bad loses. Being in the Big East and having a good conference record 9 times out of 10 means you've got a few quality wins. Well, USF has had the easiest conference schedule the Big East has ever seen. We have beaten 1 team that might also make the tournament. That's not a solid resume.

We can still play ourselves in, but we need a big win down the stretch. Not to mention we have to win the games we're supposed to.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Conference record doesn't matter. Overall record gets you into the bubble discussion and then it's all about quality wins, close games, and bad loses. Being in the Big East and having a good conference record 9 times out of 10 means you've got a few quality wins. Well, USF has had the easiest conference schedule the Big East has ever seen. We have beaten 1 team that might also make the tournament. That's not a solid resume.

We can still play ourselves in, but we need a big win down the stretch. Not to mention we have to win the games we're supposed to.

This. We need at least two more signature wins.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

They need to change this to somekind neutral of computer formula... I feel that the NCAA Tourney committee is uber biased...

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Conference record will matter when you're playing in a power conference. There have been plenty of team who have won more than 20 games in a season and didn't sniff the tournament because they played in a weaker league.

It's not our fault that some teams in the Big East who we have beaten have been disappointments this season. Bottom line is that we are a good team and good teams beat the lesser teams, which we have done.

Win 3 of the last 5 and you'll more quality wins than the 1 we have right now.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Conference record will matter when you're playing in a power conference. There have been plenty of team who have won more than 20 games in a season and didn't sniff the tournament because they played in a weaker league.

It's not our fault that some teams in the Big East who we have beaten have been disappointments this season. Bottom line is that we are a good team and good teams beat the lesser teams, which we have done.

Those teams that have won less than 20 usually have several big wins. If we don't pick up a couple more, we're not dancing, even of we go 12-6 in the conference.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,608
  • Days Won:  424

What's the one quality win we have now?

I still think we're going to need to finish with at least 11 wins and a win over Cuse or L'ville to get in .... bar a deep run in the tourney.

• Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

They need to change this to somekind neutral of computer formula... I feel that the NCAA Tourney committee is uber biased...

Generally, it is "uber biased" towards the BE. Every year the BE gets in 8-9 temas and recently, many of these teams have fallen flat on ther faces.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,478
  • Days Won:  13

We are not worthy unless we win @Cuse or Ville.

Archived