• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

NCAA committee chair discusses process

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

It's fun to talk about, but not nearly time to get worked up about it. If we win a few more games, we are probably in. Lose a few and we are out. We need to see how we do over the final stretch before we plead our case.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Again. Take a moment to look at the past. Specifically, teams with 13+ losses.

The past is the past. Without even looking I know they have let in some teams with 13+ loses.

The committee chair said what he before the season is over. I think everyone here is in agreement that we're not a tournament team right now, but going 3-2 the rest of the way in gives us a good case. We would have also won 6 of 8 going into the Big East tournament. The committee will be aware of that and the fact that we missed Poland the first 11 games, Collins for 5 and Gus for some.

I think you missed my point. The last 10 years, 8 teams with 13+ wins have made it. All have top 10 wins on the resume, all have multiple top 25 RPI wins.

Beat Cuse or UL and we're on the bubble. Don't and we have to work our way through the BET.

• Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Enough of the "prefer NIT" talk. The goal is ALWAYS to get to the Big Dance, regardless.

NIT is a consolation prize. Even winning it is not as good as going to the NCAA's.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Enough of the "prefer NIT" talk. The goal is ALWAYS to get to the Big Dance, regardless.

NIT is a consolation prize. Even winning it is not as good as going to the NCAA's.

Agreed. A deep NIT run? Whatever. A chance wo win a tourney game? Incredible.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,609
  • Days Won:  424

I would love to us in the NCAAs but I don't think we would make any kind of run....just look at our performances against Kansas, Gtown, Marquette.

If we look at it as a program builder, wouldn't it benefit us more to get a higher seed in the NIT and make a run (possibly win it) than to get in as a 14-16 seed and be out by the 1st round?

I would love to us in the NCAAs but I don't think we would make any kind of run....just look at our performances against Kansas, Gtown, Marquette.

If we look at it as a program builder, wouldn't it benefit us more to get a higher seed in the NIT and make a run (possibly win it) than to get in as a 14-16 seed and be out by the 1st round?

we would be at worst a 12 seed, Big East teams dont go in as 16 seeds, I would rather make the tourney and lose in the 1st round than win the NIT.

Well I would have to disagree.....just because we are a BE team does not mean that we are would get a 12 or higher.

If you're getting an at large bid from a major conference, the odds are there are numerous conference champions with higher RPI's that will get the 13-16 seeds

If we go to the NIT we are almost a lock for a home game maybe two....

We're not a lock because we're at the Forum's mercy. Someone posted a Bolt schedule for the first round and it may be doable but definitely not a lock...

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Thank you as that was well written

we would be at worst a 12 seed, Big East teams dont go in as 16 seeds, I would rather make the tourney and lose in the 1st round than win the NIT.

Not .... touching .... this .... again.

• Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Well I would have to disagree.....just because we are a BE team does not mean that we are would get a 12 or higher.

If you're getting an at large bid from a major conference, the odds are there are numerous conference champions with higher RPI's that will get the 13-16 seeds

We're not a lock because we're at the Forum's mercy. Someone posted a Bolt schedule for the first round and it may be doable but definitely not a lock...

I found it interesting that yesterday afternoon the Flyers played and they still had time to lay down the court for Nova's game. Not that it did Nova any good as they went (wait for it) ice-cold in the second half. With a good crew the turnaround time is only a few hours. At least in Philly.

I found it interesting that yesterday afternoon the Flyers played and they still had time to lay down the court for Nova's game. Not that it did Nova any good as they went (wait for it) ice-cold in the second half. With a good crew the turnaround time is only a few hours. At least in Philly.

We would have almost a full day turnaround so that's not the problem. They've done that numerous times this year. It's whether the Forum has something else going on.

Archived