• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Disgusted Un Satisfied Fans (USF)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

LIne up our rosters....you really think we are more talented? Our 6 men tonight versus their 8? Sounds like you already started drinking the Kool-Aid if you really think we have more talent.

Our starting lineup right now consists of 3 players that weren't even on the team last season (Rudd a xfer off of ASU roster which he couldn't break into, Nash a Juco-xfer played ball in North Dakota last year and Collins who was in HS last year and a mid-level recruit). Add to that Fitzpatrick.....a local (King HS) who originally signed with Georgia Southern, Ron Anderson Jr another xfer bench player from Kansas State and coming off our bench we have Hugh Robertson another JuCo xfer that was a solid player last season in his 1st full season in I-A ball.

That doesn't sound like an extremely talented roster to me......sure Rudd and Collins and Nash may have talent.....but I've seen Rudd have one dominating game against a nobody school and Collins have 2 nice games against.......FAU and Georgia Southern.....so I am not entralled with our "talent" just yet.

I don't know a whole lot about VCU's roster....but I do know they have A) a 7-0 tall center ( I wouldn't mind having one of those......eligible), B) eight players with more than 10 minutes in the game that are conditioned enough to run the press the WHOLE game, C) a guard coming off the bench that went 5-9 behind the 3 point line ( would be nice to have a bench player on our team that could do that.....a hem....I am looking at you Noriega).......and you look at their team....they only have one senior on the whole roster.....which means they will probably get better.....

Thus I am going to stay way out on my limb and say VCU had more talent in the game tonight than USF did.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wasn't vcu the runner up last year?

They lost to Butler in the 1st round of the final 4......so they were eliminated with Kentucky.....so yeah.....not bad company.

Mind you tonights' VCU team only had 5 of the 10 players that played in the final 4 last year. Three of their top 4 scorer from last season are gone.....but Burgess is still there....and he is clearly more talented than anyone on our team.

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

I think you are all over-reacting on this one a little. I am not trying to make excuses but the team was within 3 points 5 minutes into the 2nd half. Fitz missed that dunk.....and VCU turned it around and hit a 3.....that 5 point swing was basically when the wheels fell off.

Fitzpatrick then goes down......Dority was held to like 2 minutes because of an injured shoulder, Gus was not available, Poland was not available.....so Basically in the 2nd half.....you have 5 gassed players with a 1.5 man bench with a one legged Fitzpatrick and a cold Noriega who seems to be frustrated with his lack of playing time (pulled his jersey out like he was done for the night with more than 6 minutes left).....meanwhile....we have Fitz hobbling up and down the court.

This all against a more talented team.....a much deeper team than can play press defense all night. It was obvious when that 3 point lead quickly turned into a 9 point lead after two easy missed layups/dunk.....the whole team just gave up.

Unless we get some more healthy bodies soon.......Collins....Nash.....Rudd.....Anderson and Robertson may need to get ready to play nearly 40 minutes a game. Any team with depth will run us off the floor. Wind sprints anyone?

VCU is not a more talented team.

You are absolutely clueless. VCU went to the Final Four last year. Yeah, USF is as talented as a team one season removed from a Final Four trip. Get real.

EDIT: I see someone else pointed this out, should have read the last two posts first. Still, VCU not more talented than USF? Next you're going to tell us the football team is as talented as Arkansas or Stanford, or some other really, really good team that just isn't quite good enough to win the national title. Absolutely amazing.

• Content Count:  445
  • Days Won:  1

Just because you went to the final more has nothing to do with talent.

Better coached? Well that is a joke to even ask, more talented? its probably a push.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Just because you went to the final more has nothing to do with talent.

Better coached? Well that is a joke to even ask, more talented? its probably a push.

and hilarity ensues

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I guess I forgot how awesome our basketball team was supposed to be this year

• Content Count:  12,457
  • Days Won:  25

I saw the headline in the Trib this morning, thought it was about football.

"USF FOLDS IN SECOND HALF"

I look at the situation....and besides crying and moaning about the coach and AD.....provide me with a solution. Besides talent......does VCU have a better coach than USF? Yes....yes they do......now tell me why VCU's coach would WANT to come to USF? Give me some better coaches than Stan Heath that would love to leave their current situation to come to USF......and don't tell me Bruce Pearl.

I know you are USF fan's but take off the gold and green goggles.....why would a good player or coach WANT to come here? No fans, no facilities (being addressed), limited funds. I don't think many really understand how bad USF's basketball situation really is. That is why every player on our roster aside from Collins either came from JuCo or another team......we are looking for diamond's in the rough. But from the recruiting stand-point.....I think SOME progress is being made....with Austin sticking with us....Hawkins (our first top 100 recruit in more than a decade) and Abdul-Aleem.

I knew going in last night.......our chances of beating VCU were very small.....like zero. Now the same is true about Kansas.....so meltdown away. Then you have 4 games after that.....that we should be competitive in (FAMU, Auburn, Cleveland State and Southern Miss).

Hopefully our team at least learned something from last night's experience....like how they need to be more conditioned and a how to face the press next time.

• Content Count:  687
  • Days Won:  3

Back to the main point BullDut made....the entire program is very tough to support right now. I know it is a double edged sword, less support= less success, but how do we keep supporting inferior products. I cannot even give my tickets away at this point and feel almost foolish paying BullsClub donations that give me the right to pay more for my tickets then the average Joe. Combine the terrible football season, with the conference mess (again maybe not anyones fault in particular) with playing basketball games in 3-4 venues (unheard of and silly to be honest of you, we are not barnstorming here) and you have donors feeling sick about the state of things.

Archived