• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

For those who think Skip is waiting on his QB

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Don't really are to defend skip. He's proven that he can be successful as a coach.

BJ hasn't proven anything.

I'm not saying skip is good or bad.... Just that BJ is an average at very best QB.

94: are you related to BJ?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

When the staff calls a good game they deserve credit. They let BJ play against Cincinnati and he threw for around 400 yards. The staff shut him down against UConn, except for 1 drive that they called aggressively, and the offensive play sucked. You saw the same thing last week against UL. Get aggressive and then get a lead and start coaching scared.

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Look, I'll defend BJ to a point - he has not been responsible for most of the losses we've had this year. He has DEFINITELY improved as a QB and I like the kid. I completely think he deserves the chance to start next year.

But - if he's the #2 passer in the Big East - that tells me QB performance across the board in our conference has gotten worse or teams are breaking in new starters most of the way through the season. We know Ville has broken in Bridgewater mid-season, but overall, BJ is not a better QB than Geno Smith, Zach Collaros, Ryan Nassib or even probably Bridgewater. He's definitely average.

When the staff calls a good game they deserve credit. They let BJ play against Cincinnati and he threw for around 400 yards. The staff shut him down against UConn, except for 1 drive that they called aggressively, and the offensive play sucked. You saw the same thing last week against UL. Get aggressive and then get a lead and start coaching scared.

I completely blame the coaching staff for the UConn loss. People have already pointed out that we barely threw at all against the worst pass defense in the conference, but ran heavily against one of the best run defenses in the conference. That's coaching.

I also blame coaching for the Miami loss, too. Clock management. Enough said.

Defense is the main culprit this year that I'm focusing on. It's atrocious. It needs to be addressed in the offseason.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I think Bull94 is trying to say: BJ has improved. He is not the reason we are 5-6.

I say qb play in general is not the reason we are 5-6.

Coaches need to get and stay aggressive all game long. Enough of this turtle up garbage.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

There is no question that BJ isn't responsible for losing games this season. He has actually

But he sure as hell hasn't won any (BE)

The guy is just not the answer. He's best available and will continue to be best available until he graduates.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

BJ has improved, no question. Everyone has culpability for our losses, and credit for our wins. That includes the coaching staff. I agree that the gameplan for the UCONN game was inexplicable. Even in that game as bad as the staff coached, we still had a shot. As for the play/coaching of the DB's, I'm not ready to completely lay the blame at the coaches feet. I'll go back to they know our players capabilities better than we do. They know if can play press or not, they know if our corners get beat can our safeties can recognize the problems and supply adequate coverage. There's a mulitude of reasons as to why we've lost.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

There is no question that BJ isn't responsible for losing games this season. He has actually

But he sure as hell hasn't won any (BE)

The guy is just not the answer. He's best available and will continue to be best available until he graduates.

so a 14 point lead in the 4th quarter with a 65 yard drive in 30 seconds to beat rutgers isn't doing his part to win that game?

how about a 10 point lead and then a TD pass with 2 minutes left to take a lead against cincy? oh he had 400 yards passing and another 50 rushing in that game.

he has played in 5 conference games.

1 he destroyed an opponent(syracuse) another he had 400 yards passing, 50 rushing and drove us 80 yards in 6 plays(1:30) to score the go ahead TD with 2 minutes left, another he drove 65 yards in 30 seconds to set up a chip shot FG to win.

Skip Holtz has gagged on 2 - 14 point 4th quarter leads, 1 - 10 point 4th quarter lead and 1 - 3rd quarter lead.

BJ Daniels tried his best to bail him out by scoring a TD with 2 minutes to go against cincy and get us in FG range with 10 seconds to go against rutgers.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Look, I'll defend BJ to a point - he has not been responsible for most of the losses we've had this year. He has DEFINITELY improved as a QB and I like the kid. I completely think he deserves the chance to start next year.

But - if he's the #2 passer in the Big East - that tells me QB performance across the board in our conference has gotten worse or teams are breaking in new starters most of the way through the season. We know Ville has broken in Bridgewater mid-season, but overall, BJ is not a better QB than Geno Smith, Zach Collaros, Ryan Nassib or even probably Bridgewater. He's definitely average.

sure he's an average passer but you need to take his running into account. he is the #4 rusher in the conference(conference games only) and that includes running backs.that's sometimes what makes a QB. look at denard robinson. he's is an awful passer (14 picks) but he is a very good runner. that makes him a top QB in the country and puts Michigan at 10-2.

there are plenty of examples of average passing QBs that are actually quite good overall QBs because they can run the ball.

sure he's an average passer but you need to take his running into account.

While I agree with you regarding the running, that this makes BJ more valuable than any other QB we have, that's not the point I'm trying to make, I was basically using your quote below and saying that QB play in the BE must be down if BJ is the #2 passer, considering the other QBs in the conference.

that running QB is #2 for passing yards in conference per game .

Archived