• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

For those who think Skip is waiting on his QB

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

The man love for BJD's is ridiculous...
honestly I'm not sure where this comes from. sure i defend the kid but I don't think he is tim tebow or some other great college QB.I'm not the one to claim a QB with 1 TD and 4 picks is "deadly accurate". I just want to point out for all those that think skip is some kind of offensive guru and BJ is the one holding him back, it's not the case. his QB at ECU was no better than BJ. his offenses at ECU were no better. they scored less points and had less yards. this isn't mike leach were talking about. it's time some of you open your eyes and stop blaming the 20 year old kid and start blaming the $1.7M coach who designed this offense that was no more effective when he coached at ECU.

Sorry, I call BS. When I posted about the middle screen and QB draw calls against Rutgers, you said that BJ was the reason we moved down the field. A middle screen and QB draw are not as conservative as you make them out to be. Pretty much every post you make boils down to: BJ good...Holtz Bad.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

honestly I'm not sure where this comes from. sure i defend the kid but I don't think he is tim tebow or some other great college QB.I'm not the one to claim a QB with 1 TD and 4 picks is "deadly accurate". I just want to point out for all those that think skip is some kind of offensive guru and BJ is the one holding him back, it's not the case. his QB at ECU was no better than BJ. his offenses at ECU were no better. they scored less points and had less yards. this isn't mike leach were talking about. it's time some of you open your eyes and stop blaming the 20 year old kid and start blaming the $1.7M coach who designed this offense that was no more effective when he coached at ECU.

Sorry, I call BS. When I posted about the middle screen and QB draw calls against Rutgers, you said that BJ was the reason we moved down the field. A middle screen and QB draw are not as conservative as you make them out to be. Pretty much every post you make boils down to: BJ good...Holtz Bad.

a screen to a RB and a QB draw is not conservative???

wow. If you think that is aggressive i hate to think what you believe conservative to be.

BTW I'm not saying they weren't the right calls at that point. I didn't think we could go 65 yards in under 30 seconds but it wasn't the 'aggressive' play calling that put us into position to win. it was 2 great plays. one by BJ and the other by Murray.

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Man-miss the smiley face eating popcorn icon- *insert here

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Skip doesn't have DePth to work with...

And he has a running back at QB and a Walkon true soph to back him up. Laughable.

another reason stats are for losers (in college football, particularly with USF players due to our joke of a schedule):

BJ against garbage teams ( FAMU , UTEP , Ball State )

7 TDs, 1 INT

Passer rating: 165.6

Avg # of passing yards per game: 297.6 (without playing the entire games...)

BJ against Big East

4 TDs, 4 INT

Passer Rating: 116.1

Avg # of passing yards per game: 242

including miami/notre dame

5 TDs, 5 INT

lower rating by ~1-2 points

again i dont think this matter but for comparison purposes:

Pinkney against conference

11 TDs, 6 INT

Passer Rating: 139.2

you fail to mention 6 of Pickney's conference TDs came against UAB and Rice.

they were ranked #99 and #144 by sagarin's that year.

of course they couldn't be considered cupcakes because they were in the same conference.

you should add BJs rushing stats too. total yards is a better indicator.

Skip doesn't have DePth to work with...

And he has a running back at QB and a Walkon true soph to back him up. Laughable.

you're right all the big east teams outclass us by a mile... that's what's laughable.

excuse after excuse. you sound like skip.

that running QB is #2 for passing yards in conference per game . #2 total offense too. that's only conference games so please don't give me the cupcake bit.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Bull94 and BJD

a screen to a RB and a QB draw is not conservative???

wow. If you think that is aggressive i hate to think what you believe conservative to be.

BTW I'm not saying they weren't the right calls at that point. I didn't think we could go 65 yards in under 30 seconds but it wasn't the 'aggressive' play calling that put us into position to win. it was 2 great plays. one by BJ and the other by Murray.

A screen play and QB draw are used to defuse an aggressive defense. Since we ran those plays at that point in time, it means that Skip and company made the calls at just the right time. I know that it's pianful for you to admit that coach knows more about the capabilities of the players than you do. Ypur comments are the same BJ good, Holtz bad.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Skip was demoted as the offensive coordinator when he was a South Carolina. Who knew BJ played for him back then.

A question for those of you that are "anti" Holtz. How can you use BJ's stats as a measure of how good he is, and then turn around and say how bad CSH is? Isn't it Skip and his staff that call the plays that BJ runs to gain those stats? You can't have it both ways. If BJ's stats prove that he's the number 2 passer in the league, then CSH is the coach of the number 2 passer in the league. As simple as that sounds, you fail to recognize. OR, is it BJ good, CSH bad?

Archived