• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Skip to UNC was making the airwaves this morning...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Why exactly would Skip leave? Has family here in Florida, doesn't have family in NC. Doesn't have NCAA issues at USF, would certainly inherit them at UNC. In basketball's shadow? Absolutely. Easier path to BCS? Not really. Better money? Perhaps, but marginally. Relationship with AD is good, but doesn't override other factors. I understand why UNC might want Skip, just not as much the other way around.

Good points, all reasonable and make common sense. I think he is here until his dream job opens up....HC at ND. I am hopeful he can bring us a BE championship, but a lot will depend on what happens with the BE.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

I really doubt he leaves the progress he is making here for a team about to get hammered with NCAA penalties, and a crappy recruiting area where you're vying with 3 other in-state schools, a non-AQ that recruits well, and every other ACC and SEC team pillaging the best talent. Would be a stupid move, and you're 2nd fiddle to basketball, even if you win alot.

not going.

Got a link? How can you be so sure?

Why would he need a link, that's his opinion.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

Nothing's impossible. But I think it's HIGHLY unlikely Holtz leaves any time soon, unless it's an offer he can't refuse (e.g. Notre Dame). In the grand scheme of things, North Carolina isn't a big enough upgrade (if it's an upgrade at all) over USF. I'd perceive it to be a lateral move, with ultimately less upside.

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

not going.

Got a link? How can you be so sure?

lou told me

• Topic Count:  696
  • Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

I'd say he will be here 4 - 5 years more. Will want to do well in conference, win and/or end up top two a couple of times, get to a BCS game, finish a season ranked. Then the real offers will pour in and he will wait for (a) a big time traditional program in a better conference, or (B) will wait for the call from South Bend.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

Personally, I think Holtz has a goal of winning the BE, no matter what teams we have to face along the way. He's seen that we can't get over the hump, and I think that motivates him to try and get this team to win the BE in the next few years. It's totally possible, hopefully this is how he sees it. Unless he gets some grand offer like some state (ND), him leaving without elevating this program would be considered a failure.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

Why exactly would Skip leave? Has family here in Florida, doesn't have family in NC. Doesn't have NCAA issues at USF, would certainly inherit them at UNC. In basketball's shadow? Absolutely. Easier path to BCS? Not really. Better money? Perhaps, but marginally. Relationship with AD is good, but doesn't override other factors. I understand why UNC might want Skip, just not as much the other way around.

While I agree with you Greg, most in the nation would not. I dislike UNC like poison but the fact of the matter is they have a name brand and USF does not. There is a perception that UNC is superior even though USF has beaten them twice. There is a perception also that the ACC is superior to the Big East even though middle of the road to mediocre USF has won 6 of the last 7 vs. the mighty ACC. I bet all those going ga ga over Syracuse to the ACC have no clue that USF has beaten them 6 of 7 also. I have stayed away from comments regarding conference realignment because its hard for me to read comments from UNC, NC State, UVA or Maryland fans poking fun at the Big East and USF when we all know that the last few years USF has been better (while being a not so good Big East team).

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Right - Skip is a real hot commodity - after all he has shown how great he is in his first two years in a BCS conference. LOL Is UNC really that dumb ?

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

No freakin' way UNC would hire a coach that is currently 1-4 in the worst BCS conference.

• Topic Count:  696
  • Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

No freakin' way UNC would hire a coach that is currently 1-4 in the worst BCS conference.

I would agree with this as well...