• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

All Conferences May Lose BCS AQ Status

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Such an arrangement would be best for SEC, B10 and B12 who historically have multiple teams in top 10. Not so good for P12, ACC or BE who may only have 1 most years.

That's why they want to change it.

That and...

HOW CONVENIENTthat he is bringing this up to "stop realignment" only AFTER the BEast is ready to poach teams from CUSA/WAC. Not while the same was happening to the BEast.

-- Remember the Alliance thing was his idea, and he's the one working to get it done. If the BEast take the teams, the Alliance falls apart, and so does his project.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

AQ status will be gone one way or another... if the 16-14 team Super Conferences are formed then the AQ will be obsolete because all of the good teams will be in one of the major super conferences (PAC, ACC, SEC, B1G, Big12, and hopefully a new Big East).

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Pure unadulterated power grab by the SEC, the B1G, Big 12 and the Pac12 to try and freeze out the ACC and the Big East

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Anyone who really believes this would benefit the NBE is nuts. I hope this doesn't happen

who believes that? it would hurt any team that doesn't get the benefit of the doubt from the pollsters. that would include teams from the power conferences.

8-1 penn state would be left out for a 8-1 OU. without going in depth, penn state's 1 loss is to Alabama while Ou's is to texas tech.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Pure unadulterated power grab by the SEC, the B1G, Big 12 and the Pac12 to try and freeze out the ACC and the Big East

I know it's an odd year but the Big 10 doesn't have a team ranked in the top 10.

if they allow a 3rd team they will add the cotton as a BCS bowl.

• Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  14

None of this really matters unless we start winning. No one cares about what a team was ranked in late September.

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I firmly believe that the concept of AQ conferences will be obsolete come 2014. We're moving toward 16 team conferences and a playoff system--that's my honest opinion.

• Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

if they think OOC schedules are bad now wait until this. we would actually be better off if boise and the others didn't come over if this happened. it would benefit us to play in a weak conference and get inflated ratings rather than play in a difficult conference where we have a better chance to lose.

bingo.

• Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

Wouldn't play offs get even better ratings than this garbage? I think it's better to have the conference champions in the bowls than just the top 10 ranked.

After some thought... I think the most fair system, that gives every conference a shot and is still fair to the better conferences is a playoff between the conference champions and no BCS rankings. A more NFL like system would be a lot better.

Right now there would be 6 teams in a playoff between AQ conferences, Then I would add 2 more teams for an 8 team playoff... the top ranked non-conference champ and the top ranked non-AQ team.

Some sort of playoff is the most fair way that gives everyone a shot. I feel that a 4 team playoff between the champs of 4, 16 team conferences is still not fair to the non-AQ teams which should have a shot too.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Wouldn't play offs get even better ratings than this garbage? I think it's better to have the conference champions in the bowls than just the top 10 ranked.

Playoffs would get better ratings but it is not about ratings right now (it will be for the TV folks eventually). It is about huge sums of money and who controls it, and the latter is the biggest issue. Right now the large bowls and BCS conferences control the vast majority of the revenue and everyone else is left to fend for themselves. However, in a playoff model controlled by the NCAA the current powers-that-be would have less control and that they will not abide.

Archived