• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

If the plans work out as hoped....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Marinatto's gotten way too much blame for this ... only stupid thing he's done is this CCG in New York joke.

I agree with this. the ADs and presidents are the ones who call the shots. I also agree that the champ game in NY is ridiculous.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Like Charlie Rich Mathis sang, "no body knows what goes on behind closed doors". Like Bull 94 said NY CG has to be a joke.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Marinatto's gotten way too much blame for this ... only stupid thing he's done is this CCG in New York joke.

I agree with you 100%.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I know that we need the football onlys (FOs), but how screwed up a conference this is when you have conference members that won't play each other at all in any sport?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

I know that we need the football onlys (FOs), but how screwed up a conference this is when you have conference members that won't play each other at all in any sport?

Are we the only conference, of any kind, that has that?

Are we the only conference, of any kind, that has that?

We're the only BCS conference that does.

• Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

I agree with this. the ADs and presidents are the ones who call the shots. I also agree that the champ game in NY is ridiculous.

I don't know. I'm willing to give a championship game in NYC a one-year "test." Set a minimum threshold for attendance. If it exceeds that threshold, do it again. If not, then look at having tiebreakers and hosting the game at the higher-ranked team's stadium. I'm not sure why we can't try new things out, and admit it if they don't work. It's called "innovation" and "trial and error."

I agree that Marinatto has been overly pilloried. He's not great, but... he's what we've got, and the blame is not all his. Some folks expect him to do things that he simply could not do, either because schools didn't want to join the Big East to begin with, or because the member institutions in the Big East wouldn't let him.

• Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

marinatto needs to removed. he's done nothing but let team after team leave and done nothing to stop it besides the same old, "we're going to come out of this stronger than ever! herp derp!"

looks like he's on the right track considering we're all worried about losing bcs status. fail.

marinatto needs to removed. he's done nothing but let team after team leave and done nothing to stop it besides the same old, "we're going to come out of this stronger than ever! herp derp!"

looks like he's on the right track considering we're all worried about losing bcs status. fail.

It's not all on him. Turning down the initial ESPN deal was a wise move since the league could go to bid on the open market next fall. Little did Marinatto know that ESPN would then get in the ear of Pitt and sell them on moving to the ACC. I think there was a ton of truth in that USA Today article on how ESPN is playing the realignment game.

No addition was going to keep WVU (or UL, or anyone else the Big 12 wanted) in the Big East.

Going to 12 teams is not the most ideal situation, but if that is what it takes to get Boise and potentially BYU in the fold, then that move has to be made.

• Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

It's not all on him. Turning down the initial ESPN deal was a wise move since the league could go to bid on the open market next fall. Little did Marinatto know that ESPN would then get in the ear of Pitt and sell them on moving to the ACC. I think there was a ton of truth in that USA Today article on how ESPN is playing the realignment game.

No addition was going to keep WVU (or UL, or anyone else the Big 12 wanted) in the Big East.

Going to 12 teams is not the most ideal situation, but if that is what it takes to get Boise and potentially BYU in the fold, then that move has to be made.

i agree, flip. just disgruntled with the whole situation overall as I'm sure most of us are...

Archived