• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Even though winning the Big East is out of the question...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

I might be reaching too hard here to point out the possible brighter side in the season but hear me out. If this team and coaches can keep battling hard like they did against Cincy and win out plus a bowl game victory would give us 10 victories in a season. It would be the first time in our history a USF team would have a double-digit number in the win column. Obviously everyone is let down because we thought this was the year to win our conference, but hey it'd be satisfied with a 10-3 record this season. Just win baby.

• Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  14

I don't doubt that everyone here would love to see that. I would. But I also have to be realistic. At the beginning of the season, I really thought we had a shot at the Big East. We were 4-3 last year with some close losses, and we were supposed to have a much better offense this year (with rbs, receivers, bj in his 2nd year with the system), and I figured the defense would still be good. But the reality has been that the offense is about the same and the defense has gotten worse. If we win out in conference, we'd be 4-3, but since we are clearly not as good as last year, I'm thinking we're not on track to do that. Hoping we can get into the St. Pete bowl.

I'd love to be proven wrong.

GO BULLS!

• Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

I don't doubt that everyone here would love to see that. I would. But I also have to be realistic. At the beginning of the season, I really thought we had a shot at the Big East. We were 4-3 last year with some close losses, and we were supposed to have a much better offense this year (with rbs, receivers, bj in his 2nd year with the system), and I figured the defense would still be good. But the reality has been that the offense is about the same and the defense has gotten worse. If we win out in conference, we'd be 4-3, but since we are clearly not as good as last year, I'm thinking we're not on track to do that. Hoping we can get into the St. Pete bowl. I'd love to be proven wrong. GO BULLS!

Agree

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  6,766
  • Days Won:  3

If we were playing with real money, I'd slide all my chips on the "No Bowl Game" square.

We have not lost our last game, let alone last conference game of the season.

• Content Count:  476
  • Days Won:  0

If we were playing with real money, I'd slide all my chips on the "No Bowl Game" square.

We have not lost our last game, let alone last conference game of the season.

Just need two wins. This team can and will make it happen.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

I think winnimg 10 games is right there with winning the Big East. I hope I am wrong, but it doesn't look that way.

• Content Count:  471
  • Days Won:  0

You guys dont seriously see winning 10 games do you? Come on man. Good thing is you know you beat us though. I dont think UL can win at USF to save their life but I will enjoy the trip like always.

• Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

No way we win out. Our offense is better than last year but nobody knows it yet because we keep finding ways to lose.

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Of all the bad things that have happened in the last 3 games, we really only had 3 non competitive quarters. The second half at Pitt was a mess (2 quarters) and the 4th quarter of the Cincinnati game. In all other quarters we were fine (at least playing nose to nose with the opponent). Sure UConn somehow outscored us, but it could have gone either way.

Those 3 bad quarters really changed the season around, so now we have to play catch up on the rest of the league.

Go Bulls, Beat Rutgers!

• Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

I don't doubt that everyone here would love to see that. I would. But I also have to be realistic. At the beginning of the season, I really thought we had a shot at the Big East. We were 4-3 last year with some close losses, and we were supposed to have a much better offense this year (with rbs, receivers, bj in his 2nd year with the system), and I figured the defense would still be good. But the reality has been that the offense is about the same and the defense has gotten worse. If we win out in conference, we'd be 4-3, but since we are clearly not as good as last year, I'm thinking we're not on track to do that. Hoping we can get into the St. Pete bowl.

I'd love to be proven wrong.

GO BULLS!

Actually we were 3-4 in the BE last year.

Honestly I don't see us winning more than 2 games the rest of the year and winning only 1 would not surprise me. I've been a very optimistic Bulls fan, however, this year has taken its toll on me.

My take on the remaining games:

@Rutgers - our "House of Horror". Sciano seems to have our number despite last years close win. They will blitz BJ like crazy and slow down our offense. On offense, they will run it and throw it enough to move the chains and put up some points and I guarantee he will try some kind of trick play that will work.

@Syracuse - Typically we've played well there, however, last year we couldn't beat them at home. This game depends on which Syracuse team shows up (see Louisville and West Virginia games)

Miami - Even though UM is 4-4, Jacory Harris is much improved and Miami has been throwing the ball much better with less ints and Streeter is the real deal. Definitely a mismatch with our secondary. We have to move the ball on them because our defense will give up yardage and points to them.

Louisville - I see this as our best chance at a win. They have a pretty good defense but their offense is still developing with a lot of young players.

WVU - They're going to throw it all over the place against our DBs. We have to score a lot of points to hang in this game.

I'll be rooting hard for our Bulls and will be at all of the remaining home games. Hoping for the best, but preparing for reality.

GO BULLS!

Archived