• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Even though winning the Big East is out of the question...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  477
  • Days Won:  0

Maybe two wins left, maybe three, but one more wouldn't surprise me either. 2-1 we make a bowl game, but I just can't get behind thinking we're going to win out. I guess it isn't impossible, but doesn't seem very likely. My bet would be 6-6 which would give us a pretty weak team for a bowl, and I think we win it, for a final record of 7-6.

• Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  14

I don't doubt that everyone here would love to see that. I would. But I also have to be realistic. At the beginning of the season, I really thought we had a shot at the Big East. We were 4-3 last year with some close losses, and we were supposed to have a much better offense this year (with rbs, receivers, bj in his 2nd year with the system), and I figured the defense would still be good. But the reality has been that the offense is about the same and the defense has gotten worse. If we win out in conference, we'd be 4-3, but since we are clearly not as good as last year, I'm thinking we're not on track to do that. Hoping we can get into the St. Pete bowl.

I'd love to be proven wrong.

GO BULLS!

Actually we were 3-4 in the BE last year.

Honestly I don't see us winning more than 2 games the rest of the year and winning only 1 would not surprise me. I've been a very optimistic Bulls fan, however, this year has taken its toll on me.

My take on the remaining games:

@Rutgers - our "House of Horror". Sciano seems to have our number despite last years close win. They will blitz BJ like crazy and slow down our offense. On offense, they will run it and throw it enough to move the chains and put up some points and I guarantee he will try some kind of trick play that will work.

@Syracuse - Typically we've played well there, however, last year we couldn't beat them at home. This game depends on which Syracuse team shows up (see Louisville and West Virginia games)

Miami - Even though UM is 4-4, Jacory Harris is much improved and Miami has been throwing the ball much better with less ints and Streeter is the real deal. Definitely a mismatch with our secondary. We have to move the ball on them because our defense will give up yardage and points to them.

Louisville - I see this as our best chance at a win. They have a pretty good defense but their offense is still developing with a lot of young players.

WVU - They're going to throw it all over the place against our DBs. We have to score a lot of points to hang in this game.

I'll be rooting hard for our Bulls and will be at all of the remaining home games. Hoping for the best, but preparing for reality.

GO BULLS!

Ahh yes. We were 3-4 (not 4-3). I stand corrected. These years of consistently being 4-3 or 3-4 with a 2-5 sprinkled in there somewhere have all blended together for me. I don't understand why we haven't been able to rise above mediocrity in this conference.

• Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Well for me the Tail Gate has got my focus now. Just relax and have a beer when watching the game. This is the worst defense I have seen for the Bulls in many years. Coaching ? maybe - scheme ? maybe. If it was me after the ND game and seeing what we did I would have gone to a blitz package 65 % of the time with our LBs doing gap blitzs or a safety coming up on the outside. They have been way to afraid of the long ball.

Oh how many more wins ? I really don't care at this point. We are out of the BE race after 3 games and it took all the wind from my sails. I will just enjoy the guys playing the game and cheering them on.

• Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  14

Well for me the Tail Gate has got my focus now. Just relax and have a beer when watching the game. This is the worst defense I have seen for the Bulls in many years. Coaching ? maybe - scheme ? maybe. If it was me after the ND game and seeing what we did I would have gone to a blitz package 65 % of the time with our LBs doing gap blitzs or a safety coming up on the outside. They have been way to afraid of the long ball.

Oh how many more wins ? I really don't care at this point. We are out of the BE race after 3 games and it took all the wind from my sails. I will just enjoy the guys playing the game and cheering them on.

That's what college football is all about. Tailgating. And speaking from experience (with the Bucs), if you have been there through the bad times, the good times will be that much sweeter. What I was really hoping for this year was to go undefeated at home. Nothing sucks worse than sitting through a home loss (like the last 2 homecoming losses) that shoulda been a win. Still say we have a shot at St. Pete for a bonus "home" game.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

In my book a 10 game season would be a success and would be viewed as a baby step towards winning the Big East title next year...

Problem is I don't see us getting 6 wins much less 10... we would have to win out the rest of our season... I hope I'm wrong, but look at the remaining schedule...

- Beat Rutgers at Rutgers

- Beat Cuse at Cuse

- Beat Miami at Home

- Beat Louisville at Home

- Beat WV at Home and on a Thursday night (**CURSE**)

If I was betting with real $$ I would bet the following...

- (WIN) Rutgers

- (WIN) Cuse

- (WIN) Miami

- (LOSS) Louisville

- (LOSS) West Virginia

7-5 Finish with a trip to the St. Pete Bowl and a win against either Marshall, Tulsa, or UCF... 8-5 on the year... par for course

Archived