• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Skip being pursued by UNC-CH?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

The rumors keep on coming! http://boneyardbante.../28/1169728.php Do they realize that USF is winless in conference? It still irritates that UNC is considered a better job my most even though USF has completely manhandled UNC on the field in two games. It's all about money and the name brand boys!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

The rumors keep on coming! http://boneyardbante.../28/1169728.php Do they realize that USF is winless in conference? It still irritates that UNC is considered a better job my most even though USF has completely manhandled UNC on the field in two games. It's all about money and the name brand boys!

I'm not too concerned that Skip will leave before his contract is up. After that, it's anybody's guess.

But rumors are just that - rumors. Rumors are often started by people who want something to happen, but have no ability to make that thing happen on their own. So they start a rumor, and hope that the idea spreads to someone who can do something.

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Gene Chizik had a pretty ugly losing record at Iowa State and was hired by Auburn. He just won a NC last year (don't want to get into discussion about the merits of that season, just saying a point). Stranger things have happened.

• Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

if he leaves, there's not really a whole lot we can do about it and at this point it's just speculation.

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

I'm willing to guess some here wouldn't be very distraught about it though.

There are some other candidates out there that could be had. I'd like to see Skip stay until he is at least successful beyond a level that Leavitt was (conference title if not more). Hopefully if the worst happened and Skip left for supposedly greener pastures, we can pull in a fresh young guy with some controlled passion, who can lead us to a few C-USA titles. :P

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Meh. First problem with the rumor is that BE is no longer a BCS conference according to them. I guess they didn't get the memo that it is. They must also not realize that USF is on the short list for the Big 12, I'm quite sure that Holtz is aware.

It could happen, but no one has ever been able to win there. If Butch Davis couldn't turn that program around, I seriously doubt anyone can.

I really can't see Holtz leaving talent rich Florida for a program like that.

• Content Count:  4,078

I am not too worried. Skip seems to be a good guy and is good with the fans and media but the team is actually performing worse now than the last few years. Who would have thought that? Besides, us UNC-CH really a better football school than ECU? Doubt it, just a better name brand.

• Content Count:  7,693

IF we don't get into the Big XII then SKip is gone when his contract runs out... book it... no way he is gonna stick around here as the ship sinks.

The only saving grace might be how bad the Bulls have tanked this season and will likely do again next season until Skip can get his boys on the team...

How long do we have him for 5 years?

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

IF we don't get into the Big XII then SKip is gone when his contract runs out... book it... no way he is gonna stick around here as the ship sinks.

The only saving grace might be how bad the Bulls have tanked this season and will likely do again next season until Skip can get his boys on the team...

How long do we have him for 5 years?

where is he going? he can't win here in a below average BCS conference with florida talent and a $1.9M salary. you think someone will hire him away?

• Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

We may not want him here by the time his contract is up, you never know.

Archived