• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Cincy Fan Here

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  63
  • Days Won:  0

Hey guys I am a frequent visitor to the board but only post a couple of times a year.

First, I am excited for the game on Saturday. I am interested in hearing some things about your team and give you some info on UC.

Some questions:

1. What is the confidence level you guys ahve in BJ Daniels. He scares the hell out of most UC fans because of the run/pass threat.

2. What does your D do well? Stop the run? Stop the pass? Do you guys do better verse spread of pro style offenses?

3. Hows the line on both sides?

Some things about UC:

1. We are a running team who can pass. Our best player is Iasiah Pead (RB) and it is not even close. Collaros is good but Pead is what is going to make our offense run. I think most just think Cincy is a pass happy team and that is not the case.

2. Our run D has been the biggest surprise. We are really stuffing the run. Our D struggles against play action pass though. I think we have been stacking the box to stop the run and have decided that we will live with the pass.

3. We have sucked in the first half of a couple of games but have finished strong. If we hope to win we need to play 4 quarters.

Honestly, I am not sure how good we are. We have beat some bad to average teams. We lost at UTenn which isn't too bad I guess. I think Cincy could end up winning Big East or finishing 5th.

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Hey thanks for stopping by.  I'm considerably less excited about the game than you probably are, but I'll be watching and cheering on my Bulls on Saturday.

MY answers to your questions:

1) I'm about 50% confident in BJ.  He is usually either brilliant or disastrous, but this year, he's been mediocre, so that's why I say 50%.  He hasn't cost us a game yet but he hasn't overcome any real deficits either. 

2) Our D is really good at lining up on the line of scrimmage.  We can be somewhat decent run stoppers but our pass defense tries to keep everything in front of them, so they play at least 7 yards off the line of scrimmage.  We have a bunch of safeties as CBs, so they are not shut downs by any means.

3) O-line is decent, good run blockers, decent pass protectors against a normal 4 man rush.  Play us straight up and we will do well.  Start loading the box and blitzing and they get overwhelmed, mostly because our OC has a problem calling the right play at the right time in most instances lately.  D-line has kept us in some games, and can get a pretty good push, other than the Pitt game. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  3,455
  • Days Won:  19

Hey guys I am a frequent visitor to the board but only post a couple of times a year.

First, I am excited for the game on Saturday. I am interested in hearing some things about your team and give you some info on UC.

Some questions:

1. What is the confidence level you guys ahve in BJ Daniels. He scares the hell out of most UC fans because of the run/pass threat.

2. What does your D do well? Stop the run? Stop the pass? Do you guys do better verse spread of pro style offenses?

Some things about UC:

1. We are a running team who can pass. Our best player is Iasiah Pead (RB) and it is not even close. Collaros is good but Pead is what is going to make our offense run. I think most just think Cincy is a pass happy team and that is not the case.

2. Our run D has been the biggest surprise. We are really stuffing the run. Our D struggles against play action pass though. I think we have been stacking the box to stop the run and have decided that we will live with the pass.

3. We have sucked in the first half of a couple of games but have finished strong. If we hope to win we need to play 4 quarters.

Honestly, I am not sure how good we are. We have beat some bad to average teams. We lost at UTenn which isn't too bad I guess. I think Cincy could end up winning Big East or finishing 5th.

Good to have you here to visit.  My view on your questions:

1.  Asking the confidence in BJ on this board is like asking how confident we are that our representatives in Washington have our best interests at heart and will quickly fix all our problems.   Most here I think agree that BJ is dual threat:  he can give it away on an interception or a fumble.  I'm still in the camp that thinks he has talent and can be scary to the other team when he is on but BJ too often makes extremely poor decisions when under pressure and our coaches have yet found a way to capitalize on his strengths while avoiding the downside.

2.  Good question.  We've been gashed by running backs allowing a 100-yard rusher against every BCS-level opponent, so that isn't it.   The D line brought better pressure last week but we failed to produce turnovers when they were literally right in our hands.  Again, I think they are a work in progress.

3.  I think our O line has fared pretty well given the relative inexperience coming in.  They protect BJ for the most part and are fair at run blocking.  We are not overpowering anyone at the point of attack, however.  

My general thoughts of our team is along he same lines that you have of yours.  We seem capable of winning every game or just as capable of losing them all.

• Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

lolololololol

A RB who controls the game....

A defense that can stop the run...

A team that can finish games in the 4th quarter...

So I guess we are playing Pitt again?

Cincy 44-USF 17 just because

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

He's the best QB we have but is being under utilized because the coaches refuse to take the leash off of him and really take advantage of his running ability or let him consistently take shots down the field.  He can be erratic at times but the way our offense is called we really don't allow him to get in a rhythm.  I think he can be very effective with some better play calling. 

Stopping the run isn't it as we got Gashed against ND and Pitt.  UConn had a back go over 100 as well but it took 30 carries to do it.  As for stopping the pass we play a bend but don't break style in the secondary where we pretty much surrender the underneath routes and come up and make tackles.  I don't like this style of defense but our Safety play hasn't been great this season so I Can see why the coaches would favor this kind of coverage scheme.  This past week our coaches finally found the blitz section in the defensive playbook and it was a real spark for our defense.   Our D is also very opportunistic and is great at creating turnovers, well except for last week when we dropped about 5 easy INT's. 

The OL is average at best as they aren't dominating in either aspect of the game.  They do struggle a bit with complex pressure packages though.  The DL has two solid players and two players I feel should be replaced by their back ups.  Giddens who has been inconsistent all season was an absolute animal last week (11 tackles, 2 sacks and 3.5 TFL, 1 FF, and 1 PD) and hopefully had his coming out party and will continue to play as close to that level as possible.  If things truly did click for him last week you will have to account for him on every snap.  Grissom is our best DT and is a big space eater type he's solid but not great.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Cincy is gonna ass-spelunk us.  Royally.

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

i remember usf would precdict wins against anyone, including usf.  now we are predicting blowout losses to Cincy. 

took a while but looks the the hamsters have finally been conditioned. 

• Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

Is Cincy even in the Big East?

;D

But for real we have talent on both sides but our playcalling ***** so watch out, we could be a different team on Saturday than what you've seen.  Tampa is not a friendly place to these coaches right now and the team will play with a tinge of desperation I think.

This will be a make or break game for the BJ/Fitch/HOltz relationship.  Everyone in USF land has caught on that coaches have no faith in BJ to make down the field passes in any type of coverage.

• Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

Cincy is gonna ass-spelunk us.  Royally.

this

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

2) Our D is really good at lining up on the line of scrimmage. 

I can pull video from the Pitt game that suggests otherwise... >:D

Archived