• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Vaas on USF offense: 'We are who we are' - Accept it and quick whining!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,615
  • Days Won:  51

If I hear that BJ couldn't grip the ball in that weather one more time,  I am gonna ask my girlfriend if she can take a snap or two. That is a girl's excuse. Pathetic.

Am I correct that each team uses their own ball while they are on offense?  I remember the ND game balls had USF logos while we were on offense.

Pretty sure you are correct.  I guess you can't dip the balls in the Gatorade bucket?

I thought so... Wouldn't you think some scrub trainer dude would have the USF footballs shoved down his pants, heating them up for BJ????

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

The funny thing is play action is worthless if you play action and toss it 5 feet. Be aggressive, play action and toss it downfield. Even if it is incomplete, that backs up the defense.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

That's 6 quarters of being inept on offense.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Not inept. "Different."

• Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

The funny thing is play action is worthless if you play action and toss it 5 feet. Be aggressive, play action and toss it downfield. Even if it is incomplete, that backs up the defense.

What do you think the other defenses are doing ?  They are daring us to throw it down field.  They load the box which makes our run game look even more awesome then it is.  They are not worried in the least about us beating them with our passing game.  Until we show otherwise they will load the box and do 1 on 1 coverage on our WRs.  Is it BJ or WRS - I don't know but I do know we have no passing game - if we did we would use it.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,712
  • Days Won:  109

Here is an excerpt from an article in today's St. Pete Times:

'You want to stay out of third and must-pass situations,' Fitch said. 'It gives a free rein to the defense. … Where our talents lie, it's probably not our strong suit. We have to continue to work and find ways to be successful.' Connecticut's defense had been porous against the pass in losses to Western Michigan and West Virginia, giving up a com­bined 948 passing yards. But USF didn't throw downfield, cit­ing weather conditions and less man coverage from the Hus­kies. Taking away screen passes, the Bulls went 4-for-13 for 50 yards on downfield passes, but quarterbacks coach Peter Vaas said the offense wasn't going to change its identity because of the success other teams had enjoyed against UConn.

We've beaten the weather thing to death.  But now a new one with the "less man coverage...." 

Why is it when we play a zone defense teams throw the ball like crazy against us to wide open receivers?  These excuses are pretty pitiful.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Here is an excerpt from an article in today's St. Pete Times:

'You want to stay out of third and must-pass situations,' Fitch said. 'It gives a free rein to the defense. … Where our talents lie, it's probably not our strong suit. We have to continue to work and find ways to be successful.' Connecticut's defense had been porous against the pass in losses to Western Michigan and West Virginia, giving up a com­bined 948 passing yards. But USF didn't throw downfield, cit­ing weather conditions and less man coverage from the Hus­kies. Taking away screen passes, the Bulls went 4-for-13 for 50 yards on downfield passes, but quarterbacks coach Peter Vaas said the offense wasn't going to change its identity because of the success other teams had enjoyed against UConn.

We've beaten the weather thing to death.  But now a new one with the "less man coverage...." 

Why is it when we play a zone defense teams throw the ball like crazy against us to wide open receivers?  These excuses are pretty pitiful.

I don't get it. do teams not throw down field against a zone?

Holtz needs to take one for the team. come out and say their game plan was terrible.

they threw it down field three times against a team that had given up close to a 1000 yards through the air in their last two.

quit with the excuses. come out and admit you're human and made a mistake.

• Content Count:  742
  • Days Won:  0

Someone should introduce coach Vaas to Herm.

Archived