• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF sponsored motion to consider UCF for Big East expansion

RG

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,238
  • Days Won:  0

Why is there no outrage over this? She should be fired on the spot for this move. Unbelievable that she would stab our school in the back like this.

I'm calling to cancel my alumi membership tomorrow morning. This school doesnt deserve another cent out of me.

Email the cancellation now, that way they'll get it the first thing in the morning .... although, I don't think you can really cancel it ... just don't renew it when the time comes.

BTW, if you don't think this was done as a last resort type of action, you're as big a knucklehead as the Kanigits you hate so much believing she had the power to stop them ...

We held 1/6 of the votes among football playing members and are very close with 2 others, making up half of the football playing votes. With a smaller big east our voice got louder.

Not to mention, it sounds like Villanova has succeeded in keeping Temple out, which shows that we definitely could have succeeded in keeping UCF out.

UCF will have 0 effect on the BE keeping its AQ or staying alive as a conference. They have not separated themselves from any other candidate enough that theyre worth adding if it negatively affects another member.

Genshaft caved, and deserves to lose her job over this.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Why is there no outrage over this? She should be fired on the spot for this move. Unbelievable that she would stab our school in the back like this.

I'm calling to cancel my alumi membership tomorrow morning. This school doesnt deserve another cent out of me.

I see rational thought has returned to the board.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Email the cancellation now, that way they'll get it the first thing in the morning .... although, I don't think you can really cancel it ... just don't renew it when the time comes.

BTW, if you don't think this was done as a last resort type of action, you're as big a knucklehead as the Kanigits you hate so much believing she had the power to stop them ...

We held 1/6 of the votes among football playing members and are very close with 2 others, making up half of the football playing votes. With a smaller big east our voice got louder.

Not to mention, it sounds like Villanova has succeeded in keeping Temple out, which shows that we definitely could have succeeded in keeping UCF out.

UCF will have 0 effect on the BE keeping its AQ or staying alive as a conference. They have not separated themselves from any other candidate enough that theyre worth adding if it negatively affects another member.

And UCF is one of the best remaining options to add to the Big East.  If you are member of the Big East, that is obviously the top consideration.

Are you concerned that adding UCF to the BE will destroy USF?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,558
  • Days Won:  423

Look, I don't like it any more than you do but at some point you've got to face the facts. We're not going to another AQ conference ... we're not enticing teams from other AQ conferences here. I've got faith enough in JG and the rest to do what hurts USF the least, in the long run, and UCF must be part of that scenario. Them joining us here is not good for USF, but the other, VIABLE, options must have been worse ... in the long run.

• Content Count:  120
  • Days Won:  0

The latest tweet from TBO_USFBulls

osknightsIliana Limón by TBO_USFBulls

USF sponsored motion to consider UCF for Big East expansion, Knights don't have formal invitation yet

orlandosentinel.com/sports/college/knights/os-big-east-expansion-ucf-20111015,0,5572877.story

OrlandoSentinel.com

UCF president says Knights have not received formal Big East invitation yet

2:58 PM EDT, October 15, 2011

Advertisement

DALLAS – USF President Judy Genshaft helped UCF take the first step toward potentially joining the Big East.

UCF President John Hitt told the Orlando Sentinel Genshaft called him last week to inform him she sponsored a motion asking the Big East to consider the Knights as a potential all-sports candidate. The motion was approved unanimously, setting up the first meeting between Big East administrators and UCF leaders Friday in Cincinnati.

Hitt said the meeting was positive, but he added UCF does not currently have an offer to join the league.

Hitt and UCF Athletic Director Keith Tribble called reports by ESPN and other media outlets that the Knights had already received an invitation to the Big East premature.

Hitt confirmed Conference USA Commissioner Britton Banowsky's statement Friday that he voted in favor of the Mountain West, C-USA football-only alliance that has been in the works for at least a year. Hitt credited Banowsky with hatching the plan that has the potential to increase the conferences' television revenue and potentially put the group in lobby for an automatic qualifying Bowl Championship Series bid.

UCF officials reiterated they are proud members of Conference USA and will always do their best to help the conference.

"We can confirm we had a conversation, we talked with Big East officials and we have no invitation to join the conference right now," Tribble said. "The Mountain West, Conference USA merger is intriguing. We'll continue collect all information. If everything works out, it's potentially a good position to be in and have options to do what's best for UCF."

Hitt and Tribble were among UCF leaders who met with Big East Commissioner John Marinatto, some Big East presidents and other league administrators Friday. Genshaft was not at the meeting.

Sources told the Orlando Sentinel a formal invitation could be extended the Knights as early as next week.

Conference USA's bylaws prevent the Knights from joining the Big East until 2013. UCF also would have to pay a about $7 million in exit fees over a period of time still to be negotiated. Conference USA officials told the Sentinel the league would not trade games with remaining C-USA members for a reduction of the exit fee.

Sources told the Orlando Sentinel the exit fees would not be a problem for the Knights if they received an official Big East offer.

Check back for live updates throughout the day. ilimon@tribune.com or 407-650-6353. Read Iliana Limón's blog at OrlandoSentinel.com/knightsnotepad.

Copyright © 2011, Orlando Sentinel

Is this a ******* joke? 

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Would be perfect if the rest of the league voted NO

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Listen like it or not UCF is getting in because...

(a) WE need a REGIONAL rival... the Big East is all clustered up in Yankee land and then there is us way the hell down here... popular opinion is to add a regional team

(B) They have the best record of any team near us... FIU, FAU, Tulane, Georgia Southern, etc. are not as good overall as UCF is... sure FIU is getting better and could get an invite down the road if the Big East expands again, but for now UCF has the best overall record.

Look at it this way... if Marshall was as good as UCF over the same time period then they would be getting an invite as well, but they are not so the league is not looking at them. Right now whoever is the best of the best from the lower non-BCS schools is getting into the Big East

Also Judy can't block another state school... sooner or later the BOG would come down on her... she has to support them. We don't have the luxury that Nova does with Temple

• Content Count:  1,517
  • Days Won:  1

CUSuckA exit fee is $7 million while BlEast's was only $5 million?  ???

• Content Count:  1,829
  • Days Won:  1

Listen like it or not UCF is getting in because...

(a) WE need a REGIONAL rival... the Big East is all clustered up in Yankee land and then there is us way the hell down here... popular opinion is to add a regional team

(B) They have the best record of any team near us... FIU, FAU, Tulane, Georgia Southern, etc. are not as good overall as UCF is... sure FIU is getting better and could get an invite down the road if the Big East expands again, but for now UCF has the best overall record.

Look at it this way... if Marshall was as good as UCF over the same time period then they would be getting an invite as well, but they are not so the league is not looking at them. Right now whoever is the best of the best from the lower non-BCS schools is getting into the Big East

Also Judy can't block another state school... sooner or later the BOG would come down on her... she has to support them. We don't have the luxury that Nova does with Temple

This and didn't ucif beat the Georgia Bulldogs in a bowl game last year?

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Their record has absolutely ZERO bearing on being invited.

Archived