• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF sponsored motion to consider UCF for Big East expansion

RG

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I am going to keep this comment brief since I just want to enjoy the game; but she is lukewarm towards Boise State, but sponsors a motion for UCF?

Don't believe everything you read.

The UCF stuff is very simple, actually.  I'm fairly sure that Judy isn't thrilled with the UCF addition.  But once we lost Pitt and Syracuse, the possible additions changed and the need to add SOMEONE increased.  Also, USF has only one vote.  It is silly to think we could block them all by ourselves.

Once the discussions were had and it was obvious that UCF was going to be invited, it only made sense to have Judy make the call.  Obviously it looks better for USF and the Big East this way.  Politically, whichever schools are invited will all get a unanimous official vote and full support.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  259
  • Days Won:  0

I am going to keep this comment brief since I just want to enjoy the game; but she is lukewarm towards Boise State, but sponsors a motion for UCF?

Don't believe everything you read.

The UCF stuff is very simple, actually.  I'm fairly sure that Judy isn't thrilled with the UCF addition.  But once we lost Pitt and Syracuse, the possible additions changed and the need to add SOMEONE increased.  Also, USF has only one vote.   It is silly to think we could block them all by ourselves.

Once the discussions were had and it was obvious that UCF was going to be invited, it only made sense to have Judy make the call.  Obviously it looks better for USF and the Big East this way.  Politically, whichever schools are invited will all get a unanimous official vote and full support.

Yeah I'm sure at first this was not in her/BE plans but once 2 all sport teams needed to be added the options were really cut to a handful. Now all invites will go out unanimously and have some political motives as well.  Plus UCF and USF work together on the high tech corridor so they have a good working relationship.

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

So does that mean that UCF fans have to shut the holes in their faces about this whole "blocking" thing? 

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

SMU is shutting their holes right now.  17 - 3 at half.....

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,558
  • Days Won:  423

Can a university president be impeached?

• Content Count:  259

Can a university president be impeached?

I believe the Trustees decide when to renew contracts so I guess they could move to have the president of a school removed. Don't think its very common and I'd imagine you'd need the faculty to have a vote of no confidence and such first or a legal issue. I'd think state board of governors could also remove a president.

• Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

we should have never stopped playing them

• Content Count:  1,238

Why is there no outrage over this? She should be fired on the spot for this move. Unbelievable that she would stab our school in the back like this.

I'm calling to cancel my alumi membership tomorrow morning. This school doesnt deserve another cent out of me.

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Why is there no outrage over this? She should be fired on the spot for this move. Unbelievable that she would stab our school in the back like this.

I'm calling to cancel my alumi membership tomorrow morning. This school doesnt deserve another cent out of me.

I'm sure your $40 a year won't be missed entirely too much. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,558
  • Days Won:  423

Email the cancellation now, that way they'll get it the first thing in the morning .... although, I don't think you can really cancel it ... just don't renew it when the time comes.

BTW, if you don't think this was done as a last resort type of action, you're as big a knucklehead as the Kanigits you hate so much believing she had the power to stop them ...

Archived