• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

GAME WEEK!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,075
  • Days Won:  14

I know technically, I just double-posted (even though its been almost 22 hours), but I just wanted to bump this up and remind everyone that there is a game in 3 days.

It's a really huge game.  It will define our season.  We MUST defeat UCONN. 

This is one of those games where you can't get too confident because sure, UCONN sucks, but for that matter, so does Pitt...and I don't have to explain.  You know how these conference games are.

GO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I'm still confident in this USF team's chances at winning the Big East.  Pitt could still have been a fluke, but UConn is a must win.

Go Bulls!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,596
  • Days Won:  29

I'm still confident in this USF team's chances at winning the Big East.  Pitt could still have been a fluke, but UConn is a must win.

Go Bulls!

Agree 100%

Go BULLS !!!

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

Hey, where all the white Husky bitches at?

Five things I want to see:

1. Noticeable defensive improvements, such as run gap discipline, defensive back cushions, and more aggressive line play.

2. The offense still churning along, and having more success like the first half of the Pitt game, where we were running very well with both Scott and Murray.

3. BJ connect on a few passes longer than 20 yards (in the air, not a 5 yard catch and 15 yard run) and hit some more explosive plays. Keep up the good work on not turning the ball over.

4. Halftime coaching adjustments

5. Something explosive in the return game (looking at you, Lamar). Would also look forward to the return of T-Rex if he's coming back, but won't worry too much, would rather have him ready for Cincinnati if possible.

• Content Count:  4,075
  • Days Won:  14

1. Noticeable defensive improvements, such as run gap discipline, defensive back cushions, and more aggressive line play.

2. The offense still churning along, and having more success like the first half of the Pitt game, where we were running very well with both Scott and Murray.

3. BJ connect on a few passes longer than 20 yards (in the air, not a 5 yard catch and 15 yard run) and hit some more explosive plays. Keep up the good work on not turning the ball over.

5. Something explosive in the return game (looking at you, Lamar). Would also look forward to the return of T-Rex if he's coming back, but won't worry too much, would rather have him ready for Cincinnati if possible.

If we get 4 out of the 5, we should get the W.  I'd like to see some more textbook tackles.  Don't just hit the guy and go for the takeaway, wrap him up and bring him down.

• Content Count:  2,114
  • Days Won:  2

I really want the defense to improve, especially the DL. This is a huge game after last loss. I am really curious to see how we bounce back from that bad of a loss. I expect us to improve. Also would like to see T-Rex used more

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

I'm with you ET!!  Go Bulls!!  (and where is the Girl of UConn thread!?)  I think there might only be one.....

• Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Very good list dan.  This is what we NEED to see and to get a win (some repeats but some things are just that obvious).

1. An aggressive defense from the line of scrimmage and beyond.  Pressure and 5 yard checking to break up the receivers routes, pressure and gap control of the front seven, actually pressuring the quarterback, concealing coverages and doing some blitzing (not for the sake of blitzing but to give their novice QB too many things to track back in the pocket).

2. An actual game plan by the USF offense to take advantage of an opponents very weak defensive secondary.  If not, this would be two weeks in a row that we fail to aggressively and effectively attack an opponents weakness......for shame!

3. Special team coverage of kickoffs has to improve immensely to prevent giving UCONN a short field to work with.  This would be the third week in row we make a team look all-world on special teams if we don't get decent coverage on punts and kickoffs.

4. Adjustments at halftime to counter the halftime adjustments that UCONN will most obviously make.  If not, the coaching staff will again look like amateurs instead of seasoned professionals.

5. To use (plagiarize) a very special phrase from Jim Harbaugh............PLAY WITH CHARACTER AND CRUELTY..........WITH A HEAVY DOSE OF CRUELTY!!

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Like my favorite high school cheer:

Be Aggressive B E Aggressive

A G G R E S S I V E

So be, more aggressive

Archived