• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

AA/ESPN: Here we go ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

not sure how we have benefited other than the occasional trip to charlotte. non BCS teams that have played in a bcs bowl include Hawaii, Utah, Boise State, TCU. 3 of them are thought of more highly than USF and yet they were in non AQ conferences.

auburn and alabama are in the same conference about 125 miles apart. both have won national championships in the last 5 years.

Alabama and Auburn have been playing for over 100 years, so that is a poor comparison.

We have benefitted from being in the Big East. More revenue coming in than what we would have been getting in C-USA.

Hawaii going to a BCS game was a joke with the schedule they played that season.

how is that a poor comparison? it's not like UCF has been playing for 100 years. Our relative age is similar just like AU and Alabama.

revenues do not = success. just ask Notre Dame pr Boise State or any number of programs.

it's a poor comparison because you're taking one of the best rivalries in college football, if not the best rivalry, and trying to equate USF-UCF on that level.

UCF also had a 20+ year head start over our program.

My revenue comment pertained solely to USF.

what does it matter how great their rivalry is?it had to start sometime.  usf v ucf , on a micro level, is very similar to AU v Alabama. 2 geographically close schools that are near mirror images of each other.

UCF did not have a 20+ year head start. they also started in D3.

they went d-1 like 4 or 5 years before us.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

UCF should forever stay in CUSA.

• Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  14

Either way, hanging 64 points on them at a sold out RJS on a sunny Saturday afternoon will always be a fond memory for me.  We should play them again someday.  Sellout crowds make for the best games.  And as far as true rivalries go, I don't care what you want call it, we truly hate those guys and the game (when it was played) was extremely important to the players, coaches and fans.

• Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

Do we have to care what she thinks or read her blog? ???  I would prefer not to. :)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,634
  • Days Won:  424

it's rather insulting that you don't think we can compete head to head with them.

You have over 2k posts on this site and you still think that's the argument against them? 

why else would people not want to play them or play in their conference?

please don't use the tired excuses.

They are tired excuses because UCF wont stfu and keeps making us use them. It's not because we are scared of them. FIU isnt scared, why the f would we be?

tell me why you don't want to play them or why you don't want them in our conference.

Unless them entering the BE is the make it or break it deal for the BE to keep its' AQ designation, it is not in USF's best interest, as an athletic program, to let them in. You've been supplied with the reasons on numerous occasions .... Now, other than one home game, every other year, that you can get all giddy about, why should we want them in the conference with us?

• Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

i thought I remember them not wanting to play us in our early days, am I remembering that correctly? Also, didn't we help them get into CUSA, by leaving. How can they say we're keeping them down?  :)

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

usf couldnt afford big 12

the travel would be too costly

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,634
  • Days Won:  424

i thought I remember them not wanting to play us in our early days, am I remembering that correctly?

Their administration in our early years did everything possible to help us along ... Maybe we do owe them something.   :D

• Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

i thought I remember them not wanting to play us in our early days, am I remembering that correctly?

Their administration in our early years did everything possible to help us along ... Maybe we do owe them something.   :D

We paid them back by opening up a spot in CUSA for them.  ;D We don't owe them anything now.

• Content Count:  1,240
  • Days Won:  0

it's rather insulting that you don't think we can compete head to head with them.

You have over 2k posts on this site and you still think that's the argument against them? 

why else would people not want to play them or play in their conference?

please don't use the tired excuses.

Youre either a troll in disguise, or were born in 1994.

Archived