• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

AA/ESPN: Here we go ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigeast/post/_/id/24207/what-is-the-big-easts-plan

Would you believe it includes staying out of areas where the Big East already has a team? USF president Judy Genshaft said Tuesday during a legislative meeting on her campus that the Big East wants to look outside footprint areas when asked specifically whether she was blocking UCF from the league.

"I am not stopping any university from coming in," Genshaft said, according to The St. Petersburg Times. "What is happening is the league, or the conference, now is looking at schools and they have looked very much at schools that are not in any of the states that are represented by the Big East schools right now. The ones that they're looking at right now, they do not sit in any state that the Big East schools currently are in."

If Genshaft is right, this plan makes absolutely no sense. The Big East needs to add quality institutions at this point that bring value to a future television contract. Why would it just eliminate schools from contention because they are in a state that already has a Big East school? Look across the other AQ conferences -- yes, every single one of them has multiple schools from the same state. In the case of UCF and Houston, for example, those two cities are separate markets from Tampa (USF) and Fort Worth (TCU). Simply put, they might be in the same state, but they certainly are not in the same cities.

How does it not make more sense to look in areas not currently covered by the BE???  Just another example of faulty ESPN logic ...

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  14

I was waiting for this to happen.  No one ever said the BE was "eliminating" schools because they are in the same state as a current member.  The statement was that the schools that were currently being considered were not in the same state as a current member.  Two different things.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigeast/post/_/id/24207/what-is-the-big-easts-plan

Would you believe it includes staying out of areas where the Big East already has a team? USF president Judy Genshaft said Tuesday during a legislative meeting on her campus that the Big East wants to look outside footprint areas when asked specifically whether she was blocking UCF from the league.

"I am not stopping any university from coming in," Genshaft said, according to The St. Petersburg Times. "What is happening is the league, or the conference, now is looking at schools and they have looked very much at schools that are not in any of the states that are represented by the Big East schools right now. The ones that they're looking at right now, they do not sit in any state that the Big East schools currently are in."

If Genshaft is right, this plan makes absolutely no sense. The Big East needs to add quality institutions at this point that bring value to a future television contract. Why would it just eliminate schools from contention because they are in a state that already has a Big East school? Look across the other AQ conferences -- yes, every single one of them has multiple schools from the same state. In the case of UCF and Houston, for example, those two cities are separate markets from Tampa (USF) and Fort Worth (TCU). Simply put, they might be in the same state, but they certainly are not in the same cities.

How does it not make more sense to look in areas not currently covered by the BE???  Just another example of faulty ESPN logic ...

She was a student at UF, yet she states: "Look across the other AQ conferences -- yes, every single one of them has multiple schools from the same state."  UM, her bio does say she was a student at UF right? How about the SEC? have I missed FSU/UM/USF.... one of us going to the SEC?She's a flipping joke.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

She was a student at UF, yet she states: "Look across the other AQ conferences -- yes, every single one of them has multiple schools from the same state."  UM, her bio does say she was a student at UF right? How about the SEC? have I missed FSU/UM/USF.... one of us going to the SEC?She's a flipping joke.

Probably because she was referring to the states of Alabama, Mississippi, and Tennessee in making her point.

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I just checked ESPN's HMO-and no, it does not cover Lithium....

• Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  14

False.  Not every single one.  Not the Big East if you count football schools.  Yes, each one of the 8 is the only member in their state.

And people on this board need to stop saying she's hot.  I mean, she's ok and acceptable, but hot?  Check the girls of USF thread.

• Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  12

I just checked ESPN's HMO-and no, it does not cover Lithium....

Does it cover lobotomies?

• Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

Probably because she was referring to the states of Alabama, Mississippi, and Tennessee in making her point.

again- this is the reason why I think the Times reporter and that Gov't official should of just stayed out of this.

Genshaft should of just denied the claim and said that is all the time she is going to give to that matter because that is all it deserves.

She shouldn't have to explain herself.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

again- this is the reason why I think the Times reporter and that Gov't official should of just stayed out of this.

Genshaft should of just denied the claim and said that is all the time she is going to give to that matter because that is all it deserves.

She shouldn't have to explain herself.

All she had to say was that the Conference is not allowing any discussions on expansion. She could have repeated that 100 times if she had to.

• Content Count:  325
  • Days Won:  0

This is getting really tiring.   I just hope that a Big XII offer is in the works:

A  so we can get out of a basketball controlled conference

B. UCF can take our spot and they can deal with Potato Head and friends.

C.  no more AA blogs.

Archived