• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

AA/ESPN: Here we go ...

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Would you believe it includes staying out of areas where the Big East already has a team? USF president Judy Genshaft said Tuesday during a legislative meeting on her campus that the Big East wants to look outside footprint areas when asked specifically whether she was blocking UCF from the league.

"I am not stopping any university from coming in," Genshaft said, according to The St. Petersburg Times. "What is happening is the league, or the conference, now is looking at schools and they have looked very much at schools that are not in any of the states that are represented by the Big East schools right now. The ones that they're looking at right now, they do not sit in any state that the Big East schools currently are in."

If Genshaft is right, this plan makes absolutely no sense. The Big East needs to add quality institutions at this point that bring value to a future television contract. Why would it just eliminate schools from contention because they are in a state that already has a Big East school? Look across the other AQ conferences -- yes, every single one of them has multiple schools from the same state. In the case of UCF and Houston, for example, those two cities are separate markets from Tampa (USF) and Fort Worth (TCU). Simply put, they might be in the same state, but they certainly are not in the same cities.

False.  Not every single one.  Not the Big East if you count football schools.  Yes, each one of the 8 is the only member in their state.

And people on this board need to stop saying she's hot.  I mean, she's ok and acceptable, but hot?  Check the girls of USF thread.

she says 'look across the OTHER AQ conferences...." i.e. all but the BE.

I don't understand why you guys get all worked up over this.

You act like UCF is the big bully that will steal our lunch money if they get into the same conference.

it's rather insulting that you don't think we can compete head to head with them.

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

it's rather insulting that you don't think we can compete head to head with them.

You have over 2k posts on this site and you still think that's the argument against them? 

You have over 2k posts on this site and you still think that's the argument against them? 

why else would people not want to play them or play in their conference?

please don't use the tired excuses.

• Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

They are tired excuses because UCF wont stfu and keeps making us use them. It's not because we are scared of them. FIU isnt scared, why the f would we be?

They are tired excuses because UCF wont stfu and keeps making us use them. It's not because we are scared of them. FIU isnt scared, why the f would we be?

tell me why you don't want to play them or why you don't want them in our conference.

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

tell me why you don't want to play them or why you don't want them in our conference.

Because they need a boost from us to get there ... why should we help them?  They hate us and are some of the nastiest fans in America.  Why should we let them latch onto our coattails?  Not our fault we passed them by years ago, while still a program in infancy. 

• Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

I would LOVE to play them every year. I dont see why we stopped. We play a CUSA team every year, may as well be them.

As far as the conference thing goes, I, personally, didnt care until I started reading some of their boards+speaking to some of their fans/students, listening to them on the radio etc. They have such a ridiculous inferiority complex it's astounding. FSU and UF take our side on many stances, but then UCF only calls us out and says that we are the ones bullying them. The thread about Latvala and his son pretty much sums up why I, personally, dont want them in the same conference as us.

As far as an objective look at why not, I agree with Genshaft in that we need to spread Big East presence among different states/markets. This would include the service academis, even though I'm not sold on them. It also includes ECU as a second tier option, the same as UCF. Lets face it, UCF and USF are clone schools, the advantage USF has is it's AQ status. If the tables were turned the other way, this situation would be EXACTLY the same, down to us talking about it on a message board. I think if these options fall through, UCF would be the best option to add. As it's been said, if all of the other schools like Gtown, WVU, L'Ville, etc wanted UCF in, they'd be in.

Archived