• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

AA/ESPN: Here we go ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

it's rather insulting that you don't think we can compete head to head with them.

You have over 2k posts on this site and you still think that's the argument against them? 

why else would people not want to play them or play in their conference?

please don't use the tired excuses.

They are tired excuses because UCF wont stfu and keeps making us use them. It's not because we are scared of them. FIU isnt scared, why the f would we be?

tell me why you don't want to play them or why you don't want them in our conference.

Because they need a boost from us to get there ... why should we help them?  They hate us and are some of the nastiest fans in America.  Why should we let them latch onto our coattails?  Not our fault we passed them by years ago, while still a program in infancy. 

I'm not suggesting we lobby for them but I certainly don't think we should block them like many on here suggest.

I also don't understand why people don't want to schedule them. I enjoyed all four games against them. i also thought the atmosphere was much better than a game against ball state or western kentucky.

I'm not sure what you mean by passed them by? we really haven't accomplished anything yet.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

Because they need a boost from us to get there ... why should we help them?  They hate us and are some of the nastiest fans in America.  Why should we let them latch onto our coattails?  Not our fault we passed them by years ago, while still a program in infancy. 

This. If they were as big a catch as they believe, they would've gotten a golden framed invite with potato head's face outlined in glitter on it weeks ago. As it's been said, if we should have to help them into the BE, UF should help us into the SEC. I mean it's only fair.  

I would LOVE to play them every year. I dont see why we stopped. We play a CUSA team every year, may as well be them.

As far as the conference thing goes, I, personally, didnt care until I started reading some of their boards+speaking to some of their fans/students, listening to them on the radio etc. They have such a ridiculous inferiority complex it's astounding. FSU and UF take our side on many stances, but then UCF only calls us out and says that we are the ones bullying them. The thread about Latvala and his son pretty much sums up why I, personally, dont want them in the same conference as us.

As far as an objective look at why not, I agree with Genshaft in that we need to spread Big East presence among different states/markets. This would include the service academis, even though I'm not sold on them. It also includes ECU as a second tier option, the same as UCF. Lets face it, UCF and USF are clone schools, the advantage USF has is it's AQ status. If the tables were turned the other way, this situation would be EXACTLY the same, down to us talking about it on a message board. I think if these options fall through, UCF would be the best option to add. As it's been said, if all of the other schools like Gtown, WVU, L'Ville, etc wanted UCF in, they'd be in.

you sound more reasonable than most on here. bickering fans are what make a great rivalry. not sure we can ever have that with air force or navy. I'm also old school where i believe conferences should be regional. we are more like UCF than we are UF,FSU, or miami. I know it's hard for most of our fans to admit but it's true.

• Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

I would LOVE to play them every year. I dont see why we stopped. We play a CUSA team every year, may as well be them.

As far as the conference thing goes, I, personally, didnt care until I started reading some of their boards+speaking to some of their fans/students, listening to them on the radio etc. They have such a ridiculous inferiority complex it's astounding. FSU and UF take our side on many stances, but then UCF only calls us out and says that we are the ones bullying them. The thread about Latvala and his son pretty much sums up why I, personally, dont want them in the same conference as us.

As far as an objective look at why not, I agree with Genshaft in that we need to spread Big East presence among different states/markets. This would include the service academis, even though I'm not sold on them. It also includes ECU as a second tier option, the same as UCF. Lets face it, UCF and USF are clone schools, the advantage USF has is it's AQ status. If the tables were turned the other way, this situation would be EXACTLY the same, down to us talking about it on a message board. I think if these options fall through, UCF would be the best option to add. As it's been said, if all of the other schools like Gtown, WVU, L'Ville, etc wanted UCF in, they'd be in.

you sound more reasonable than most on here. bickering fans are what make a great rivalry. not sure we can ever have that with air force or navy. I'm also old school where i believe conferences should be regional. we are more like UCF than we are UF,FSU, or miami. I know it's hard for most of our fans to admit but it's true.

Here's Greg's response to UCF being added.

Can you weigh in with your opinion of whether adding UCF to the BE is good or bad for USF?

12:16  It's not good for USF, beyond the wildly altruistic help-the-taxpayers-of-Florida perspective. Schools' images start with their conference affiliation, and there's a big leap between BCS leagues and non-BCS leagues. USF has benefited from its place at the big kids' table, so giving that same advantage to UCF -- however they might deserve it -- brings the Knights a step closer to the Bulls.

Here's Greg's response to UCF being added.

Can you weigh in with your opinion of whether adding UCF to the BE is good or bad for USF?

12:16  It's not good for USF, beyond the wildly altruistic help-the-taxpayers-of-Florida perspective. Schools' images start with their conference affiliation, and there's a big leap between BCS leagues and non-BCS leagues. USF has benefited from its place at the big kids' table, so giving that same advantage to UCF -- however they might deserve it -- brings the Knights a step closer to the Bulls.

not sure how we have benefited other than the occasional trip to charlotte. non BCS teams that have played in a bcs bowl include Hawaii, Utah, Boise State, TCU. 3 of them are thought of more highly than USF and yet they were in non AQ conferences.

auburn and alabama are in the same conference about 125 miles apart. both have won national championships in the last 5 years.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

not sure how we have benefited other than the occasional trip to charlotte. non BCS teams that have played in a bcs bowl include Hawaii, Utah, Boise State, TCU. 3 of them are thought of more highly than USF and yet they were in non AQ conferences.

auburn and alabama are in the same conference about 125 miles apart. both have won national championships in the last 5 years.

Alabama and Auburn have been playing for over 100 years, so that is a poor comparison.

We have benefitted from being in the Big East. More revenue coming in than what we would have been getting in C-USA.

Hawaii going to a BCS game was a joke with the schedule they played that season.

Alabama and Auburn have been playing for over 100 years, so that is a poor comparison.

We have benefitted from being in the Big East. More revenue coming in than what we would have been getting in C-USA.

Hawaii going to a BCS game was a joke with the schedule they played that season.

how is that a poor comparison? it's not like UCF has been playing for 100 years. Our relative age is similar just like AU and Alabama.

revenues do not = success. just ask Notre Dame pr Boise State or any number of programs.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

You people are hilarious. Worked up about nothing.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

She was a student at UF, yet she states: "Look across the other AQ conferences -- yes, every single one of them has multiple schools from the same state."  UM, her bio does say she was a student at UF right? How about the SEC? have I missed FSU/UM/USF.... one of us going to the SEC?She's a flipping joke.

Probably because she was referring to the states of Alabama, Mississippi, and Tennessee in making her point.

That's great, how about Arkansas, Florida, South Carolina, and Georgia that do not have more than on school in the SEC. If she wants to point out that all of the other states have multiple schools, from multiple AQ conferences, (logic starting to get stretched to the point of "well 2-8 team beat 5-5 team that beat 10-2 team so 2-8 team is better than 10-2 team) why isn't she lobbying to get ucf into the ACC, or the SEC?

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

how is that a poor comparison? it's not like UCF has been playing for 100 years. Our relative age is similar just like AU and Alabama.

revenues do not = success. just ask Notre Dame pr Boise State or any number of programs.

it's a poor comparison because you're taking one of the best rivalries in college football, if not the best rivalry, and trying to equate USF-UCF on that level.

UCF also had a 20+ year head start over our program.

My revenue comment pertained solely to USF.

Archived