• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

B.J. Daniels

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Bulldozer, i know its hard but it just seems the only drop back qb we ever had was chad barnhardt and that was in 1998. 

i just want to attempt to find a pocket qb. 

It's a tough order for us and we have a kid targeted for next year that could be that kind of player out of Winter Park High school.  But as usual we will be recruiting against the ACC, SEC, and Big 10 for him. 

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Bulldozer, i know its hard but it just seems the only drop back qb we ever had was chad barnhardt and that was in 1998. 

i just want to attempt to find a pocket qb. 

It's a tough order for us and we have a kid targeted for next year that could be that kind of player out of Winter Park High school.  But as usual we will be recruiting against the ACC, SEC, and Big 10 for him. 

Asiantii come on down. Tonite was just a blip.

• Topic Count:  515
  • Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

You guys can say what you want but before the game, I called how Pitt would defend us becuase of BJ.

Unfortunately BJ did NOT prove me wrong.

Maybe, just maybe, the coaches could have stuck with the running game that was very successful tonight instead of abandoning it in the second half?  Maybe the coaches could have called plays that would counter act what Pitt was doing?  When a team is blitzing their faces off you don't drop straight back and attempt to throw intermediate routes.  You run screens and slants, we did neither.  The offensive coaches were terrible tonight.  Then again I forgot I'm talking to the guy that was the leader of the Bobby Eveld fan club last season.   

Screens and slants....Yeah, we havent seen BJ hit someone on a slant pass yet. Screens dont work to well when you dont have an accurate QB and the defenders are at the line of scrimmage.

Yes, last year after watching Eveld TORCH Miami's secondary by standing in the pocket and hitting slant pass after slant pass I was excited to think that maybe we had a real QB in our system. I wasnt even all that upset with his play at UCONN as I thought the coaches should have run some more clock when we were at the 3 yard line going for the win or tie. We would have won that game if UCONN got the ball back with less time on the clock.

I am NOT calling for Eveld this year after watching him in our preseason warmups.

I just am not happy with everyone riding BJ's jock like he is the freaking second coming of something. Decision making has always been a BJ weakness. Especially when he is being rushed to make a decision.

If you want to see BJ where he has hit receivers in stride, do a simple Youtube search.  That is all.  

Great, highlight videos. He hit ONE receiver in stride last night. One. I dont want to have to You Tube a collection of his all time greatest plays, half of which are against little sisters of the poor.

I WANT TO WATCH A USF QB WHO CAN HIT RECEIVERS IN STRIDE CONSISTENTLY.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Its hard to throw lasers to WR when the Defense is in your face and #80 is your hot read and running the wrong pattern.

I am upset on every 3rd down we went away from #17.

From now on until a team stops us I only want Sterling, Landi, Marc, Murray, Scott and Lamar handling the ball.

But this L was on the defense. They couldn't stop a team full of grandmas last night.

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  228
  • Days Won:  0

Last night, BJ Daniels played rather well and was not the problem.

The problem is that our Defense played pathetic! How can all of you not see that?

Snyder needs to really get his act together. Thought Snyder was such a defensive genius!

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,700
  • Days Won:  2

Last night wasnt on BJ. It was on our defense and our OL. Both got man handled.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

If you want to see BJ where he has hit receivers in stride, do a simple Youtube search.  That is all.  

Great, highlight videos. He hit ONE receiver in stride last night. One. I dont want to have to You Tube a collection of his all time greatest plays, half of which are against little sisters of the poor.

I am not saying that BJ cannot throw the ball that far, but rather he cannot throw the ball that far with much accuracy. How many receivers have we hit "in stride" ever?

Congrats for at least coming to the realization that at least part of your rants were irrational. 

I am not saying that BJ cannot throw the ball that far, but rather he cannot throw the ball that far with much accuracy. How many receivers have we hit "in stride" ever?

Congrats for at least coming to the realization that at least part of your rants were irrational. 

Yeah, I dont think any of them are irrational. ONE pass in stride? He MISSED how many wide receivers and passes?

Oh, and for those who says BJ cant pass becuase the defense was in his face, go look at his work at Ball State, FAMU, and UTEP. Sure he had numbers, but WHERE were his passes thrown? They were all dinks 5-10 yards out with receivers stopping in a spot to catch the ball then getting massive Yards After Catch to make our numbers look awsome. I just didnt see the "Great QB BJ Daniels" everyone was getting excited about.

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802

People are really overblowing Daniels being bad last night.

He didn't hit many guys in stride last night, fine.

Half the offense was easily QB/RB run or bubble screens. The rest were routes where the OL was not protecting BJ.

I've been as critical as anyone of BJ before this season. The fact that he has a 9:1 TD:INT ratio and we're mad is saying a lot imo. We have higher expectations from him.

Let's get some ******* diversity on play calling Fitch, and bench #80 for God sakes. WTF?