• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF/Big East Realignment Discussion Thread

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Silence can be good. Pitt was silent in their betrayal of the Big East and its members.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

The Silence and Inactivity from USF in the current Conference Realignment fiasco is troublesome and cause for great concern. USF should have been much more proactive, as should have the BIG EAST, rather than sitting back and waiting.

I found it rather odd when the BIG EAST did not complete that large TV Deal recently. In the current climate, that deal should have been signed as fast as possible.

Now, under Marianatto's pathetic leadership, it is panic in the streets for all the remaining BIG EAST schools and looking to jump ship.

I do not get the excitement with huge 16 team conferences anyway. Smells like a monopoly to me which Congress should investigate.

I sure hope Genshaft and Woolard can pull a miracle out of their hats and have not been trusting of the inept goof Marianatto.

Just because you haven't heard anything doesn't mean anything is going on.  We hadn't heard that Pitt and Cuse were close to going to the ACC until recently.

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

I hope we bail on the big east the first chance we get, along with the other big east football schools. We all need to aggressively pursue joining the big 12.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

No, but we keep the BCS bid that's all that matters. What do you want the league to do? Sit back and watch?

It all really hedges on the Big 12. Look for the Mountain west to make a serious run at their remnants too.

• Content Count:  560
  • Days Won:  1

Totally agree, its full speed ahead to get into B12. The new B12 conf. would have 4 ranked teams right now (TCU, Baylor, USF, WVU). If Texas and TX Tech stay its even better. If OU and OSU stay the B12 is still better than ACC 14.

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

Just saw on twitter Brett McLoser's friend Kirk Bohls, beat writer for Texas, says that the Longhorns are most likely headed to Pac-12, which would be great news for big east.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  7,646
  • Days Won:  6

USF will be fine. Don't sweat it. I think you'll see the Big East add UCF and Houston this week.

Awesome. Can't wait.

Funniest post in this thread.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Does anyone think Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa State and Baylor are that sexy? A lot of trash there.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

No, but we keep the BCS bid that's all that matters. What do you want the league to do? Sit back and watch?

It all really hedges on the Big 12. Look for the Mountain west to make a serious run at their remnants too.

Houston and UCF aren't going anywhere anytime soon so you can afford to see if you can work out a big 12 merger for a bit before making a commitment to them.  At the very least you wait to see what OU/OSU does before you add anyone.  

Archived