• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF/Big East Realignment Discussion Thread

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

From USATODAY:

"I didn't believe it because Pittsburgh was involved, and I didn't see where the value (is) they would bring to that league at all," he (UL AD Tom Jurich)told the Louisville Courier-Journal. "That's no slap at Pittsburgh. I just couldn't see where that fit was."

In addition, Jurich said he was surprised because Pitt's chancellor, Mark Nordenberg, is a leader within the Big East: "He was keeping everybody together and asking everybody to be unified. I think everybody trusted him."

Other current Big East members also expressed surprise.

"I probably had a lot of scenarios in mind," Notre Dame athletic director Jack Swarbrick told reporters at the Irish-Michigan State game, "and this was not one of them."

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  228
  • Days Won:  0

The Silence and Inactivity from USF in the current Conference Realignment fiasco is troublesome and cause for great concern. USF should have been much more proactive, as should have the BIG EAST, rather than sitting back and waiting.

I found it rather odd when the BIG EAST did not complete that large TV Deal recently. In the current climate, that deal should have been signed as fast as possible.

Now, under Marianatto's pathetic leadership, it is panic in the streets for all the remaining BIG EAST schools and looking to jump ship.

I do not get the excitement with huge 16 team conferences anyway. Smells like a monopoly to me which Congress should investigate.

I sure hope Genshaft and Woolard can pull a miracle out of their hats and have not been trusting of the inept goof Marianatto.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  7,650
  • Days Won:  6

Some body/agency (have no idea who has the authority) has to investigate Norenberg.  He was the one who asked everyone to stick together and he tabled the television negotiations acting like the BE could get a better deal than was on the table.  Now we know he was misleading the other schools just so he could get his deal.  He was a trusted leader by all Prez's and AD's and this is a real slap in the face.

• Content Count:  4,501

From USATODAY:

"I didn't believe it because Pittsburgh was involved, and I didn't see where the value (is) they would bring to that league at all," he (UL AD Tom Jurich)told the Louisville Courier-Journal. "That's no slap at Pittsburgh. I just couldn't see where that fit was."

In addition, Jurich said he was surprised because Pitt's chancellor, Mark Nordenberg, is a leader within the Big East: "He was keeping everybody together and asking everybody to be unified. I think everybody trusted him."

Other current Big East members also expressed surprise.

"I probably had a lot of scenarios in mind," Notre Dame athletic director Jack Swarbrick told reporters at the Irish-Michigan State game, "and this was not one of them."

Nice to see I wasn't the only one totally shocked by this move.  I still don't understand it but the wheels are now in motion.  Lord help us if the music stops playing and there is no chair left.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

USF will be fine. Don't sweat it. I think you'll see the Big East add UCF and Houston this week.

• Content Count:  4,501

Well maybe the Big 12 stays togeather and as eveyone knows I still think a Florida presence is a win for them so just stick it out and invite us to the party guys.

• Content Count:  4,879

I think everybody trusted him."

What?!?  If you don't have somebodies 'junk' in your vice, you got nuthin!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  7,650
  • Days Won:  6

USF will be fine. Don't sweat it. I think you'll see the Big East add UCF and Houston this week.

And that makes us "fine"?  I sure hope we (either USF or the BE) shoot higher than that.

Archived