• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF/Big East Realignment Discussion Thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

If Oklahoma stays, the Big 12 sticks together and try's to add BYU and/or Boise. Maybe even TCU. our best interest begins with them leaving

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

how does the "27 month notice" thing play out in all this? Are they still in BE for two more years?

Yup..

Which may lead to some interesting games/tailgates

Not a chance.  This will all play out in the next month, and everyone will want to move on with their lives.  It would be in no one's best interests to have these teams still playing in the be IN 2013.  Either the BE will implode before then, or the BE will add other teams and want them out.

I'm pretty sure there was a two or three year out clause when we left CUSA, and that was quickly negotiated out by us agreeing to play CUSA schools for three years or something.  That's how we got stuck with the UCF series.

• Content Count:  171
  • Days Won:  0

TCU?

• Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

If the SEC adds any school from the Big East it's WVU and that's it. They're NOT adding us. Get that out of your head.

Why not?  Fortunately for us, the decisions are made by the athletic directors/presidents of the universities and not the fans of the teams.  The average college football fan doesn't know much about us, but those who do know us are aware of the tremendous situation we have here.  That is something that Genshaft and Woolard can demonstrate in private to the people who are going to be making the decisions.  

Sure, there may have been a gentleman's agreement between the good old boys, but they are men who know that decisions must be made, and the ACC move with Pitt and SU can change ideas and agreements.  While UF prefers to go it alone, there are multiple teams in Tennessee, Alabama, and Mississippi.  Maybe it is time for Georgia, South Carolina, Florida, or a new team in North Carolina or Virginia.  I really think NC and VA would be the first choice for SEC expansion.  If the ACC teams stay put, I think UF could be pursuaded to vote for USF in the conference.  They know that the choices they make are going to be for the long haul, and that is one thing we have going for us.  We are only going to get better as a university-- in academics, with an increasing reputation as a top research institution, and even a possible AAU membership in the future; in fan base as our fans grow up following USF; in facilities with all of our new athletic additions, not to mention an on campus stadium - the construction of which would be accelerated by an SEC invite and sold out stadiums at RJS for most games.

Reputations can take a very long time to build, and tend to stay on far longer than they should.  College fans in general are now more aware of our program.  The wins at Auburn, FSU, and Miami are still recent enough for many to remember, and now is a great time to be doing well, with fresh wins against Notre Dame and a top 20 ranking.  Look at TCU.  Years ago nobody would have talked about them joining a AQ conference, but a few years of top 20 rankings, then a few of top 10 rankings, and boom, they were legitimate and worthy for an AQ conference in the eyes of most people.  The only problem for us is that the bus is leaving any time now, and we might not have made the ticket window yet.  I wish this was all going down two years from now.

West Virginia has a good sized fan base, but I don't see it increasing much from where it is, and they are in a small market.  They are good in football, but I don't think as good as we are.  They are very good in basketball, much better than we are currently.  I can see why they would be considered, but I think Virginia Tech would be a better choice for the SEC.  The problem with that is VT has it pretty easy in the ACC and I don't think would be willing to switch conferences.  I don't see any of the North Carolina teams leaving.

As an SEC fan, Missouri just doesn't feel right.  It seems like a Big 10 fit to me.  As for them and the SEC,  they would be more like the cousin/brother who moved away and lives of in another part of the country.  He just doesn't come to those weekend get togethers any more.

I don't know what will happen, but USF in the SEC makes more sense to me than Missouri or WVU.

Go BULLS!  

• Content Count:  1,517
  • Days Won:  1

Best case scenario is UT/TT/OKST/ OK stay in Big 12 and then add BYU, Boise State, Cincy, Louisville, and USF

1) Oklahoma

2) Oklahoma State

3) Texas

4) Texas Tech

5) Kansas

6) Kansas State

7) Iowa State

9) Baylor

10) Missouri

11) BYU

12) Boise State

13) USF

14 Cincy

15) Louisville

16) one more

Not a bad conference in my opinion

TCU in last spot. or WVU...or did you predict them going elsewhere?

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

It's a easy as this. The SEC wants big powerful fanbases to drive up their TV contract. Not schools who are growing and could be that one day.

• Content Count:  509

Best case scenario is UT/TT/OKST/ OK stay in Big 12 and then add BYU, Boise State, Cincy, Louisville, and USF

1) Oklahoma

2) Oklahoma State

3) Texas

4) Texas Tech

5) Kansas

6) Kansas State

7) Iowa State

9) Baylor

10) Missouri

11) BYU

12) Boise State

13) USF

14 Cincy

15) Louisville

16) one more

Forgot about TCU. I agree with TCU as #16. I left out West Virginia  since I think they might be SEC bound.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

1) Oklahoma

2) Oklahoma State

3) Texas

4) Texas Tech

5) Kansas

6) Kansas State

7) Iowa State

9) Baylor

10) Missouri

11) BYU

12) Boise State

13) USF

14 Cincy

15) Louisville

16) one more

I really don't see this happening.  Oklahoma is big enough to move to the PAC-12 and make all the lawsuits go away, and it looks like Texas has decided to head west as well. 

It really looks like BE and B12 leftovers will have to put something together, unless someone can convince the B10 to go to 16 schools along with the ACC and SEC.  Those conferences would be able to absorb most of the teams if everyone went to 16.

I really think this move will accelerate the collapse of the B12, which will allow everyone to find their seats more quickly.

• Content Count:  509

1) Oklahoma

2) Oklahoma State

3) Texas

4) Texas Tech

5) Kansas

6) Kansas State

7) Iowa State

9) Baylor

10) Missouri

11) BYU

12) Boise State

13) USF

14 Cincy

15) Louisville

16) one more

Forgot about TCU. I agree with TCU as #16. I left out West Virginia  since I think they might be SEC bound.

I forgot a number 8 so there would be one more extra spot. Perhaps Houston.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

It's a easy as this. The SEC wants big powerful fanbases to drive up their TV contract. Not schools who are growing and could be that one day.

How do you know what the SEC wants?  The SEC has been fairly quiet.

Archived