• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF vs ND: Realistic Odds of winning (let me hear your real opinion)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  293
  • Days Won:  1

Alright guys, I hear nothing but ND fans predicting a blowout against us and I honestly think they are underestimating our talent. Let me hear your honest opinion of the turnout of this game. What are the odds of us walking out with a big "W"??

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  763
  • Days Won:  0

50%

NDs D is strong but it can't be much better then the Clemson D we faced. As long as BJ progressed from that last game and minimizes turnovers then we will have more than a punchers chance. If our team plays angry (FSU game angry) where we make clean tackles and just punish the ball carriers right from the get go, I'll be feeling good about our chances.

• Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Much lower now that Floyd is fully reinstated.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,703
  • Days Won:  108

It is ND at home and the first big game starting for much of our O-Line.  I give us about a 35% chance.  I would like our chances better if it were the 2nd game of the season, maybe 40 - 45%.

• Content Count:  4,642

i'd say we have a 55-60% chance of winning.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

It is ND at home and the first big game starting for much of our O-Line.  I give us about a 35% chance.  I would like our chances better if it were the 2nd game of the season, maybe 40 - 45%.

I see where you're coming from, but I'd like to throw this out there.

Remember the early part of the UF game last year where we went with some counter option plays to offset UF's DL? I can see Coach Holtz game planning enough to help our OL out. The benefit to this is that ND won't know what's coming.

Some Toro Loco, or a hurry up type scheme could work to our benefit.

Our D will keep us in this game.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

I'd say the Bulls have a 50/50 chance of winning, though there's only a 10 percent chance of that.

• Content Count:  138

depends on the physical conditioning of our team and health. The major programs have more depth, but I think our top chart players can hang with anyone.

remember how gassed BJ was after that first drive at UF? legs looked like jelly. I had a bad feeling at that point.

• Content Count:  809
  • Days Won:  1

Whether or not we win will depend on two major factors: (1) Which BJ Daniels will show up and (2) Can Quenton Washington cover Floyd. 

If BJ Daniels limits his TOs and not cost us the game and Q can cover Michael Floyd well, honestly I say it's 65/35 in favor of us winning.  Perhaps greater because our D, otherwise, will be a load for them. 

If BJ from last year's UF game shows up and we can't scheme against Floyd, we are blown out before halftime.  I'd give us a less than 15% chance to win. 

Archived