• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF vs ND: Realistic Odds of winning (let me hear your real opinion)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  172
  • Days Won:  0

What's funny is that USF fans will cling to the very few highlight videos of their few "big" victories for a long time. 10 years from now you will be reminiscing about your very few wins.

Either way, I really do not care about our loss to USF, because our season meant nothing. If we were undefeated, and lost, I'd have been pissed. But we really had nothing else to play for, and it obviously showed because our players obviously played like they didnt care.

Additionally, what's also funny is that even though we threw you guys 4 interceptions, had a called-back touchdown, and gave you guys over 100 yards in penalties, you guys still BARELY managed to win. What else could we have given you? And you still BARELY squeeked out a win, and a win against a 6-loss team. Man....what a sweet victory to brag about.

Also, Randy Shannon was not fired because of the loss to USF. Our AD publicly announced that the decision had been made within the board of trustees well earlier in the season, and they were simply waiting for the season to end to fire him. Thus, it makes since that since USF was the last regular game of the season, win or lose, he was fired. So don't think your guys' win was that meaningful. It wasnt.

I keep hearing about these walk-on comments. Who cares? Put in your best people this year and we'll still beat you. Then you guys will have no excuses as to why you lost.

As for not having a lot of fans at the game in those highlights. Those highlights show ONLY the student section. And the game was THANKSGIVING holiday weekend, when 98% of the whole student campus went home for the holidays. Not my fault a game is scheduled for that weekend when most football teams dont have a game that weekend.

But for a USF defense that's supposed to be so great according to you guys, you allowed an 80-yard touchdown run. What a shame.

::) ::) ::)

Haven't heard those excuses before..

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Additionally, what's also funny is that even though we threw you guys 4 interceptions, had a called-back touchdown, and gave you guys over 100 yards in penalties, you guys still BARELY managed to win. What else could we have given you? And you still BARELY squeeked out a win, and a win against a 6-loss team. Man....what a sweet victory to brag about.

That seems like a pretty statistically typical Hurricane offense from '08-'10 if you ask me.

I keep hearing about these walk-on comments. Who cares? Put in your best people this year and we'll still beat you. Then you guys will have no excuses as to why you lost.

Remains to be seen.

As for not having a lot of fans at the game in those highlights. Those highlights show ONLY the student section. And the game was THANKSGIVING holiday weekend, when 98% of the whole student campus went home for the holidays. Not my fault a game is scheduled for that weekend when most football teams dont have a game that weekend.

You and I both know that students only show up for VaTech and FSU. Don't kid yourself, Miami attendence has fallen off significantly since you moved out of the OB. You guys should move out with the Marlins and leave a nice neat field for the Dolphins on Sunday.

But for a USF defense that's supposed to be so great according to you guys, you allowed an 80-yard touchdown run. What a shame.

Busted coverage happens. Didn't that kid transfer by the way?

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

What's funny is that USF fans will cling to the very few highlight videos of their few "big" victories for a long time. 10 years from now you will be reminiscing about your very few wins.

Either way, I really do not care about our loss to USF, because our season meant nothing. If we were undefeated, and lost, I'd have been pissed. But we really had nothing else to play for, and it obviously showed because our players obviously played like they didnt care.

Also, Randy Shannon was not fired because of the loss to USF. Our AD publicly announced that the decision had been made within the board of trustees well earlier in the season, and they were simply waiting for the season to end to fire him. Thus, it makes since that since USF was the last regular game of the season, win or lose, he was fired. So don't think your guys' win was that meaningful. It wasnt.

Do we in fact have confirmation that MasterMiami2001 is a 'Canes fan?  Starting to smell awfully like a UCiF troll with a ton of excuses.

• Content Count:  22
  • Days Won:  0

I think you guys definitely have a realistic shot at winning.  We have some major playmakers on offense, but your defense will be good enough to slow us down.  If we score more than 28 I'll be surprised.  As you all noted, it will come down to your qb play.  I honestly can't see a scenario that involves you guys having an effective running game unless you are passing effectively enough to loosen up the linebackers.  I'm not trying to be cocky or overconfident, but I have a hard time seeing a team with 2-3 relatively green offensive linemen and unproven backs running more than 100 on us by running traditional plays.  Between our defensive line and Teo, that's a tall order imo.

However, we have proven susceptible to mobile qbs in the past.  Your best bet is giving your qb all kinds of dual threat plays and telling him to pull it down whenever he can.  That will be your most effective running game.

How is your kicker?  I can foresee you guys moving the ball ok and then struggling in the red zone when the passing lanes get tighter.

Good analysis, and thanks for coming by to talk about the game.

To answer your question, our kicker is solid. He'll miss a few, but, I am always pretty confident when he comes on the field that we'll be getting 3 points.

I looked at your schedule/results from last year and none of the teams really jump out at me as having a "spread-ish" type offense with athletic QBs except Navy and Michigan. Daniels certainly won't catch Kelly by surprise, but, he's most likely more athletic than your guys are going to give him credit for. With Daniel's ability, I do think we have a very good chance to go over 100 (navy had 367 and Michigan had 288). In fact, you guys gave up over 200 yards rushing 4 times last year, so, I think there is a chance for us to have success on the ground, of course, including Daniels in that total.

By comparison, we only gave up 200 rushing yards once last year and you guys gave up nearly twice the amount of rushing TDs as us (15 to 8). So, I think we'll still try to pound the ball even in the red zone. Our O Line isn't as inexperienced as you may think either, there was a pretty good rotation last year, and, they have a lot of size. I fully expect Skip to have a great offensive game plan ready for this game if BJ can execute it.

My biggest concern is Floyd. He is a beast and we'll play hell trying to cover him. On the bright side, I don't see you guys as having a great QB that can force the ball to him all day without some mistakes. I think we'll get our hands on some passes and we need to haul them in. For us to win this game, we have to control the clock on offense and win the turnover battle.

I fully expect a great game and both teams to be completely prepared.  September can't get here fast enough for me...

Good responses.  In terms of the 4 games we gave up 200+ on the ground, I'm not sure any is a great comparison to your offense.  Navy runs the triple option and Stanford had Andrew Luck to keep defenses playing the pass.  UM may be the closest comparison, but as mobile as Daniels may be, he isn't Denard Robinson.  I believe he had like 250 of their 280 yards lol.  MSU had 200+ also with a traditional power game, but I don't see you guys having the stable of backs and the kind of o-line that they do (or at least to this point on the field).  

Utah & Pitt are the closest comparisons I can come up with to teams we played last year.   Both had inconsistent play from their qbs but above average lines and backs.

What about your receivers?  What do you have coming back there?

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I think you guys definitely have a realistic shot at winning.  We have some major playmakers on offense, but your defense will be good enough to slow us down.  If we score more than 28 I'll be surprised.  As you all noted, it will come down to your qb play.  I honestly can't see a scenario that involves you guys having an effective running game unless you are passing effectively enough to loosen up the linebackers.  I'm not trying to be cocky or overconfident, but I have a hard time seeing a team with 2-3 relatively green offensive linemen and unproven backs running more than 100 on us by running traditional plays.  Between our defensive line and Teo, that's a tall order imo.

However, we have proven susceptible to mobile qbs in the past.  Your best bet is giving your qb all kinds of dual threat plays and telling him to pull it down whenever he can.  That will be your most effective running game.

How is your kicker?  I can foresee you guys moving the ball ok and then struggling in the red zone when the passing lanes get tighter.

Good analysis, and thanks for coming by to talk about the game.

To answer your question, our kicker is solid. He'll miss a few, but, I am always pretty confident when he comes on the field that we'll be getting 3 points.

I looked at your schedule/results from last year and none of the teams really jump out at me as having a "spread-ish" type offense with athletic QBs except Navy and Michigan. Daniels certainly won't catch Kelly by surprise, but, he's most likely more athletic than your guys are going to give him credit for. With Daniel's ability, I do think we have a very good chance to go over 100 (navy had 367 and Michigan had 288). In fact, you guys gave up over 200 yards rushing 4 times last year, so, I think there is a chance for us to have success on the ground, of course, including Daniels in that total.

By comparison, we only gave up 200 rushing yards once last year and you guys gave up nearly twice the amount of rushing TDs as us (15 to 8). So, I think we'll still try to pound the ball even in the red zone. Our O Line isn't as inexperienced as you may think either, there was a pretty good rotation last year, and, they have a lot of size. I fully expect Skip to have a great offensive game plan ready for this game if BJ can execute it.

My biggest concern is Floyd. He is a beast and we'll play hell trying to cover him. On the bright side, I don't see you guys as having a great QB that can force the ball to him all day without some mistakes. I think we'll get our hands on some passes and we need to haul them in. For us to win this game, we have to control the clock on offense and win the turnover battle.

I fully expect a great game and both teams to be completely prepared.  September can't get here fast enough for me...

Good responses.  In terms of the 4 games we gave up 200+ on the ground, I'm not sure any is a great comparison to your offense.  Navy runs the triple option and Stanford had Andrew Luck to keep defenses playing the pass.  UM may be the closest comparison, but as mobile as Daniels may be, he isn't Denard Robinson.  I believe he had like 250 of their 280 yards lol.  MSU had 200+ also with a traditional power game, but I don't see you guys having the stable of backs and the kind of o-line that they do (or at least to this point on the field).  

Utah & Pitt are the closest comparisons I can come up with to teams we played last year.   Both had inconsistent play from their qbs but above average lines and backs.

What about your receivers?  What do you have coming back there?

Yeah, none were great comparisons to us, but, Navy and Michigan were the only true dual threat QBs that are most like Daniels (OK, navy's QB may not be dual threat, but he could run...).

BJ doesn't have Robinson's speed, but otherwise, it's not a bad comparison, I think you'll be surprised.

RBs: Murray (last year's leading rusher), Scott (no 1 RB recruit in the nation in 2010), Bradley Battles 4* RB, Marcus Shaw (4.4 speed)... I'm not at all concerned about our "stable of running backs"

WRs: Love (returning from injury, second leading WR in 2009), Griffin (also returning from injury, played as true frosh), Evan Landi (2nd last year, more of a possession guy), Lamar & Mitchell (small burners to get the ball in space), and, personally, I'm looking for Andreas Sheilds to have a big year (more of a TE). WRs could be a question mark, but I think we'll be OK there, not great, but good enough.

BTW, Mich State went over 200 only twice on BCS teams, you guys and the turn style known as Michigan. Stanford did not eclipse 200, Tulsa was the winner there, I have to believe that our OL is better than Tulsa's.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

Wow, Miami fans are really upset. USF fired Randy Shannon. Haha.

And Bobby Bowden.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

Do we in fact have confirmation that MasterMiami2001 is a 'Canes fan?  Starting to smell awfully like a UCiF troll with a ton of excuses.

Yep, you are probably right.  They seem to get their kicks out of that.  Either way, UCF fan or UM fan, a complete moron. 

• Content Count:  266
  • Days Won:  1

Alright guys, I hear nothing but ND fans predicting a blowout against us and I honestly think they are underestimating our talent. Let me hear your honest opinion of the turnout of this game. What are the odds of us walking out with a big "W"??

35%

• Content Count:  266
  • Days Won:  1

Those convoluted comments are pretty funny.

Don't all fans reminisce about wins and losses? You do care about the loss because you didn't think that it would occur. The bottom line is that we won. That was the whole point. Regardless of how it occurred. So, essentially you are saying that the only time that you care about losses is when your team is undefeated? I would assume then that you haven't cared much about your team in the last 10 years.

I guess you've never felt good about a win even though it was sloppy? You make no sense.

Honestly, in my evaluation of the format relating to your posts, I would say it's a safe be that you didn't graduate from college.

Archived