• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF vs ND: Realistic Odds of winning (let me hear your real opinion)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

Citing X's and O's can anyone tell us how Notre Dame beats us, much less dominates us?

Besides the fact they are at home, what is the personnel or scheme mismatch that has us screwed?  I feel like we might present them with issues with our running game and a running QB that should be 100% healthy as he was in the Clemson game (he alone demolished the Clemson defense).  We are also bringing in a LB corps that is one of the best in the country that should control the underneath stuff that ND's crappy QB's need to get going. 

I also feel we have a top 10 KO return guy that will catch them on the first game of the season when every team's ST are loose and ST wierdness happens.

They are all farts and giggles because they beat miami in the last game but don't realize we beat miami the game before with a freshman walk-on (miami's game immediately before the bowl was their game with us).  the difference is we got the UM team that was fighting for a bowl with a staff fighting for its jobs.  ND got the UM team that was ready to get into the offseason with a staff that had one foot out the door.

I honestly think we are every bit as good as Notre Dame and I would not be surprised if we are better.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

I think we have a realistic chance at winning as we have our WR's back and healthy, and the possibility of a decent running game with our new backs.  Sounds like our OL is beefy, though some newbies on there.

My big question is BJ or Landi?  Not sure about that position or who will show.  If BJ is flat, they need to pull him out and swap out. 

With our D, I predict the game will be a max of 7 points differential.

• Content Count:  293
  • Days Won:  1

I think he meant Eveld.

• Content Count:  2,523
  • Days Won:  0

Guys, Floyd is a beast, but won't matter if we play aggressive and rattle whoever their QB is going to be.  As for STs, ND is supposed to have a pretty good unit from what I heard while fishing today on XM where they were previewing the top 25 (they had ND 13), another show had them 18.

QBs will decide this game.  I think we're actually going to see a pretty confident BJ going in and it's not going to be bc of him hitting difficult passes. I expect the game plan to be "get the ball outside the tackles" until they're gassed with pitches and WR/RB/FB screens.  Then when those DTs are done, we're going to run Scott up the middle and then BJ is going to have a field day if they do any sort of planned bootlegs/runs.

This is a VERY winnable game guys. 

• Content Count:  6,850
  • Days Won:  22

If our offense is good enough to score 28 on them, we will win. The big question mark is how BJ and the offense will do in this game. They return a lot of their players on both sides of the ball and in the last 4 games held Utah to 71 yds rushing, USC to 74 and Miami to 87. So thats the big question mark can we run on them and not turn the ball over. How our offensive line does against their Dline (their strongest part on D)? Will go a long way on what our chances to win are.

• Content Count:  172

Has ND named a starter at QB? Rees killed it at the end of the year.

One thing I am nearly sure of is that Kelly will press BJ and the edges early. I guarantee they will force BJ to beat them deep slot middle with his arm. Watching the nearly flawless game plan against Clemson, you saw a lot of bubble screens, runs, and options to the outside to slow the front 4 (you have to expect with all this time leading up to the game that Kelly is aware of how USF can beat you with "dink and dunk" style O). I watched USC vs. ND and most of ND vs Miami and their D is no joke. With Kelly as coach, and Floyd eligible to play I am not very confident in this one.

I know our D is great, and will keep us in the game. I believe the game comes down to of course BJ and him not turning the ball over; but really how Love and Landi show up (as big size possession receivers, include Shields and Virgin with possible McFarland in this mix), and if Griffin, T-Rex, and Lamar can get any separation from their db's deep.

I feel Kelly will drop 8 in the box or at least around the edges early (similar style in my head of 46), sending blitzes and spying BJ. If we can spread their D out early I feel we will have a good shot (especially if BJ can maintain like he did against Clemson after I believe 3 first 3 in outs including the BS interception call for Maxwell against Bogan), with Scott pounding up the middle late (and hopefully shaw can come in when/if they are gassed late).

My prediction is a ND win by no more than 10 points. Hopefully I am wrong!

• Content Count:  3,616
  • Days Won:  1

Has ND named a starter at QB?  Rees killed it at the end of the year.

One thing I am nearly sure of is that Kelly will press BJ and the edges early.  I guarantee they will force BJ to beat them deep slot middle with his arm.  Watching the nearly flawless game plan against Clemson, you saw a lot of bubble screens, runs, and options to the outside to slow the front 4 (you have to expect with all this time leading up to the game that Kelly is aware of how USF can beat you with "dink and dunk" style O).  I watched USC vs. ND and most of ND vs Miami and their D is no joke.  With Kelly as coach, and Floyd eligible to play I am not very confident in this one.

I know our D is great, and will keep us in the game.  I believe the game comes down to of course BJ and him not turning the ball over; but really how Love and Landi show up (as big size possession receivers, include Shields and Virgin with possible McFarland in this mix), and if Griffin, T-Rex, and Lamar can get any separation from their db's deep.

I feel Kelly will drop 8 in the box or at least around the edges early (similar style in my head of 46), sending blitzes and spying BJ.  If we can spread their D out early I feel we will have a good shot (especially if BJ can maintain like he did against Clemson after I believe 3 first 3 in outs including the BS interception call for Maxwell against Bogan), with Scott pounding up the middle late (and hopefully shaw can come in when/if they are gassed late).

My prediction is a ND win by no more than 10 points.  Hopefully I am wrong!

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/college/chi-kelly-notre-dame-qb-starter-to-emerge-by-late-august-20110805,0,7144961.story

likely Aug 22 but he said he wants to announce it 10 days before USF game

• Content Count:  172

Has ND named a starter at QB?  Rees killed it at the end of the year.

One thing I am nearly sure of is that Kelly will press BJ and the edges early.  I guarantee they will force BJ to beat them deep slot middle with his arm.  Watching the nearly flawless game plan against Clemson, you saw a lot of bubble screens, runs, and options to the outside to slow the front 4 (you have to expect with all this time leading up to the game that Kelly is aware of how USF can beat you with "dink and dunk" style O).  I watched USC vs. ND and most of ND vs Miami and their D is no joke.  With Kelly as coach, and Floyd eligible to play I am not very confident in this one.

I know our D is great, and will keep us in the game.  I believe the game comes down to of course BJ and him not turning the ball over; but really how Love and Landi show up (as big size possession receivers, include Shields and Virgin with possible McFarland in this mix), and if Griffin, T-Rex, and Lamar can get any separation from their db's deep.

I feel Kelly will drop 8 in the box or at least around the edges early (similar style in my head of 46), sending blitzes and spying BJ.  If we can spread their D out early I feel we will have a good shot (especially if BJ can maintain like he did against Clemson after I believe 3 first 3 in outs including the BS interception call for Maxwell against Bogan), with Scott pounding up the middle late (and hopefully shaw can come in when/if they are gassed late).

My prediction is a ND win by no more than 10 points.  Hopefully I am wrong!

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/college/chi-kelly-notre-dame-qb-starter-to-emerge-by-late-august-20110805,0,7144961.story

likely Aug 22 but he said he wants to announce it 10 days before USF game

Thanks for the link. 

I know it is different, but it reminds me of the Pike and Collaros situation of 2 years ago.  I know Holtz will be prepared regardless.

Archived