• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Vernon Hargreaves III, CB, Wharton HS **2013**

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

Not surprised, never got the feeling he wanted to come here (I felt like he was always pressured because of his dad). It's hard to compete when you can pretty much go to any school in the country. And I know it's a long time until signing day.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Was the JP show recorded?

I certainly hope so.

That interview should be sent to every recruit so they can sit around and listen to it with their family. Sam and BJ were absolutely great on there.

I couldn't find an archived copy of the broadcast

There is a recap of it on The Bull Rush:

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Recapping Daniels and Barrington Interview on 1010 CBS Sports

b.j.+daniels+12.jpg

From JP and the Happy Hour on 1010 CBS Sports - For those who were listening in on the radio today at 4PM turned into 1010 CBS Sports with JP and the Happy Hour where linebacker Sam Barrington and quarterback B.J. Daniels joined JP for an extended interviewing and described some interesting points to their preparation for the season and what they have been up to during the offseason (just a recap here of the top moments).

The two seniors talked about the offseason work out plan that they have been undergoing with Coach Hovan and JP mentioned that Daniels has added more muscle, showing the dedication the players have put into this offseason and how hard they are working to get ready for the season.

The two also talked about some of the teammates and some of the newcomers such as Lawrence Martin (Martin Lawrence according to Daniels), Fidel Montgomery who is working hard to get ready and Josh Brown who is coming along. Barrington said having more depth in the secondary (mentioning Bivins as a star in the making) as helping the front of the defense and helping the overall schemes they want to run with Cosh this season.

Daniels talked about the offense and how good his targets are becoming. He talked about all the weapons and the newcomers such as Montgomery and Price that are coming along. He said it would be interesting to see how he could get the ball to all the targets, but he said he would leave that decision making to Fitch and the coaching staff. He said that T-Rex and Lamar will be huge with their speed but stated he didn't want to race them in a foot race. He also mentioned that the toughest player to go against in the matchups was Kayvon Webster, showing how far he has come and how big the season will be for him.

Overall, the team is ready to go and has been working harder than ever. They are using the 5-7 record from last season to motivate them and are looking at each game as a huge battle, working on the small things. Barrington said "Little things equal big rings" a quote that will probably be sticking around and shows the focus of the team this year, working to get better, clean up the mistakes and get those wins. Awesome interview and great work by CBS 1010 once again.

Posted by USF Matt at <a class="timestamp-link" href="http://www.thebullrush.com/2012/07/recapping-daniels-and-barrington.html" rel="bookmark" title="permanent link">6:00 PM

http://www.thebullrush.com/2012/07/recapping-daniels-and-barrington.html

JULY 12, 2012

Busy recruit Hargreaves visiting 7 schools in 4 days

We've known for a while that Wharton cornerback Vernon Hargreaves III is one of the top recruits in the country. He's also proving to be one of the most well-traveled this summer.

Just as he wraps up a West-coast trip with visits to Oregon, Stanford and USC after taking part in Nike's coveted camp, The Opening, Hargreaves will be even busier next week. I talked this afternoon with his father, USF assistant Vernon Hargreaves Jr., for a feature on kicker Maikon Bonani, and got an update on the family's travel plans.

Hargreaves' mother Jackie has been on his Cailfornia trip with him, but his dad will go with him next week as they take in an impressive seven schools in four days: Notre Dame, Ohio State, Vanderbilt, Tennessee, Georgia, Clemson and Alabama.

"I'll be driving my butt off," the elder Hargreaves said. "We're going to squeeze it in. I want him to be able to make a real educated decision, so he can see where everything is. I wanted to take a couple with him, and I want him to be able to narrow it down a little and not waste people's time and keep people on the hook."

Hargreaves, who also has USF and Miami in high esteem and offers from almost everywhere, should be able to establish a short list of schools after those trips and could still take official visits in the fall before making a final decision about where he'll play college football.

Posted by Greg Auman at 4:17:45 pm on July 12, 2012

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/content/busy-recruit-hargreaves-visiting-7-schools-4-days

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,566
  • Days Won:  423

Hargreaves' mother Jackie has been on his Cailfornia trip with him, but his dad will go with him next week as they take in an impressive seven schools in four days: Notre Dame, Ohio State, Vanderbilt, Tennessee, Georgia, Clemson and Alabama.

After just seeing the list his dad will be travelling with him for, and blood ties or not to our program, I would be stunned if he chose us over most that group ...

After just seeing the list his dad will be travelling with him for, and blood ties or not to our program, I would be stunned if he chose us over most that group ...

Don't you think his dad would rather he play for USF?

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

His dad wants him to play wherever is best for the III.

Well, that, of course, is USF. LOL

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

When's he going to UGA? I'll have to figure out a way to locate his car and blanket it with USF logos. ;)

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Well, that, of course, is USF. LOL

I do think his dad would rather him play for USF. But, either way, he'll be very proud of him to wherever he goes.

No shame in losing him to USC or some of the schools mentioned.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,566
  • Days Won:  423

What DEL said .... and then what you said. ;)