• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Vernon Hargreaves III, CB, Wharton HS **2013**

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

Is anything that is on Bleacher Report......relavant in any way?

I guess it is about as relavant as any of our posts on this board.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

Is anything that is on Bleacher Report......relavant in any way?

I guess it is about as relavant as any of our posts on this board.

Our posts are more relevant ...

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Gotta love the writers (cough, cough) at Bleacher Report......

I like the 2 names he uses to describe all the programs offering Hargreaves.

"Nearly every major program in the country, from Alabama to Wake Forest, has offered the stud defender a full ride in hopes of acquiring his services for the next four years."

Wake Forest?!? I guess he chose to avoid geography or stature of program to compare the schools.....and instead went with the alphabet. What Youngstown State didn't offer?

They must not like Wyoming.

• Topic Count:  339
  • Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

Gotta love the writers (cough, cough) at Bleacher Report......

I like the 2 names he uses to describe all the programs offering Hargreaves.

"Nearly every major program in the country, from Alabama to Wake Forest, has offered the stud defender a full ride in hopes of acquiring his services for the next four years."

Wake Forest?!? I guess he chose to avoid geography or stature of program to compare the schools.....and instead went with the alphabet. What Youngstown State didn't offer?

They must not like Wyoming.

No offer from Youngstown State?

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

no NFL offers no care.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Wonder if this affects Vernon

Florida Football Recruiting: Gators Net Three Verbals At Orange And Blue Debut

Allstate_Sugar_Bowl_Florida_v_Cincinnati_YzkLOW4ACPvl_tiny.jpg by LanceDavis on Apr 9, 2012 1:28 PM EDT

With numerous talented defensive back prospects on Florida's board and only two or three spots remaining, it seemed as though UF would wait to see how some other prospects' recruitments played out. Two other cornerbacks -- Vernon Hargreaves III and MacKensie Alexander -- have Florida high on their lists. And while there will certainly be a spot for those two if they want in, it seems the coaches are snagging up commitments sooner to avoid getting burned later.

However, just because there are other elite corners ahead of Bell, it doesn't mean he's not a solid player. Elliot's take on Bell:

Bell has the size Will Muschamp is looking for in his cornerbacks. He plays both off and press coverage for St. Peter's, diagnoses and closes quickly. And Bell is definitely a willing tackler. Bell doesn't appear to have elite speed. Bell probably won't be able to play on a island, and will need safety help over the top, which means he profiles as decent No. 2 cornerback in the SEC.

With three defensive backs committed -- S Keanu Neal, Nick Washington, who can play cornerback or safety, and CB Bell -- again, Florida can be selective about which prospects to take. Marcell Harris is an obvious take at safety, along with Hargreaves and Alexander. Leon McQuay is on the fringe, and a prospect I'd like to see in Florida's '13 class, but with spots being taken, he may end up being left out.

http://www.alligatorarmy.com/2012/4/9/2936069/florida-football-recruiting-gators-net-three-verbals-at-orange-and

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I'm still a long way from getting my hopes up about VH3 being a Bull.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Wow, amazing to be still in there against this kind of competition.

College Football Recruiting 2013: Latest on No. 1 CB Vernon Hargreaves III

By

Edwin Weathersby(Featured Columnist) on April 11, 2012

vernonhargreaveswide_display_image.jpg?1334170738

Vernon Hargreaves III is not just the son of of USF defensive ends coach Vernon Hargreaves, he's also one of the best high school football prospects in America for 2013.

Many view Hargreaves III as an elite CB prospect, which has had a plethora of colleges come knocking on his door with offers. What's the latest with him? Does he have a leader? What are his plans?

Hailing from Wharton High School in Tampa, Florida, Rivals.com rates Hargreaves III as the No. 1 CB and a 5-star prospect, with him sitting at No. 10 overall on their board.

Scout.com also rates him at 5-stars at No. 6 overall on their board. At 5'11", and nearly 180 pounds, Hargreaves has excellent technique, will slow play a WR on the flanks versus the pass, has the hips to turn on run and speed to carry pass catchers all over the field.

Hargreaves has a great feel for the game, is instinctive and reminds me a bit of Eric Wright when the CB was a rookie in camp when I was with the Cleveland Browns.

Much has been made about this aspect in his recruitment, as Hargreaves is the son of Vernon Hargreaves, who is the special teams and defensive ends coach at South Florida.

Hargreaves recently told Rivals.com that he hasn't been to USF as much as people think.

USF is recruiting Hargreaves, and the Bulls are a major player for him. Surely, the thought of playing for his dad, right at home is an angle Skip Holtz is playing up in luring Hargreaves III to be a Bull.

In late March, Scout.com's Chad Simmon's reported Florida and USF to be in Hargreave's top two.

The Gators have pull all around the Sunshine State with all of the elite prospects, so Hargreaves giving UF a long look is not surprising at all.

Look for the Gators to stay on Hargreaves' radar extremely hard until a decision is made.

Boasting offers from both schools, it looks like the Irish and Wolverines are both recruiting Hargreaves pretty heavily right now.

He told Rivals.com that Big Blue and the Golden Domers are among the schools that are recruiting him the hardest presently.

Ah yes, the Crimson Tide. You always have to ask yourself where they are with any elite prospect these days, because Alabama has been flat out dominant on the trail under Nick Saban.

Well, it looks like they're indeed in the Vernon Hargreaves III mix, as Hargreaves even had them in his top three as late as mid-March.It'll be interesting to see if 'Bama can indeed get Hargreaves to take a visit to Tuscaloosa.

Hargreaves was pretty stoked to get an offer from USC, as the Trojans have recruited Florida very well over the recent years.

With USC snatching up Nelson Agholor in their 2012 class, the Florida native has been talking to Hargreaves about joining him in Los Angeles.

Hargreaves even told Scout.com in mid-March that USC was in his top three.

This is a very, very tough one to call if you ask me. I can honestly see Hargreaves going to a number of schools. Although, I think it will come down to USF, Florida and USC.

In one scenario, I can see Hargreaves falling in love with Los Angeles, playing with Agholor and USC.

I can also see the same thing happening at Florida, as playing with the talent on the Gator roster and being not too far from home are also big draws.

Yet, as of right now, I think the factors of being with the father, being right at home and playing with coaches he's known for a long time, so USF is the school I'd put my money on.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1141652-college-football-recruiting-2013-latest-on-no-1-cb-vernon-hargreaves-iii

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

Per rivals, vernon is going to the scrimmage tonight

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  260
  • Days Won:  0

Per rivals, vernon is going to the scrimmage tonight

That's big, I think. He is skipping FSU's spring game today.