• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tyler Cameron QB Jupiter HS, Jupiter, FL

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Mind you the only problem with Ivy League schools in sports is you don't get a free ride scholarship. All scholarships at the Ivies are need based....i.e. no athletic scholarships.....so hopefully you can get financial aid or you have a wealthy benefactor.

I have a little different take on this. . I got two Ivy league academic scholarship offers based on Test scores. They have so many avenues to fund desirable candidates that they really don't have to worry about the money. They can virtually assure a recruit that he will receive as much assistance as the NCAA allows. They are filthy rich, looking for ways to spend all that money.

Yeah a friend of mine from high school played for Brown and he did have to pay out of pocket, but after all the money they found him he paid less than i did at USF. 

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,632
  • Days Won:  424

Mind you the only problem with Ivy League schools in sports is you don't get a free ride scholarship. All scholarships at the Ivies are need based....i.e. no athletic scholarships.....so hopefully you can get financial aid or you have a wealthy benefactor.

I have a little different take on this. . I got two Ivy league academic scholarship offers based on Test scores. They have so many avenues to fund desirable candidates that they really don't have to worry about the money. They can virtually assure a recruit that he will receive as much assistance as the NCAA allows. They are filthy rich, looking for ways to spend all that money.

Exactly .... I remember reading about the Armwood player who got screwed over by one of the Ivy League schools but another came in and took care of him ... and there was no way he would have been able to afford something like that.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

It's a lot like signing day, but wiithout the signing.  :-\

Tyler Cameron

Tomorrow me and Kedric Bostic III will be announcing our commitment at 5:30 at JCP hope all can make it...

3 minutes ago

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

FWIW:

Mike Nascarella

@nascyUSF Tampa, FL

USF sports supporter, writer for The Bull Rush and host of the Game:Clock Radio Show on Bulls Radiohttp://www.thebullrush.com

nascyUSF Mike Nascarella

A special source of inside information is telling me that 4 star dual threat Jupiter QB Tyler Cameron will be choosing USF tomorrow

5 hours ago

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

FWIW:

Mike Nascarella

@nascyUSF Tampa, FL

USF sports supporter, writer for The Bull Rush and host of the Game:Clock Radio Show on Bulls Radiohttp://www.thebullrush.com

nascyUSF Mike Nascarella

A special source of inside information is telling me that 4 star dual threat Jupiter QB Tyler Cameron will be choosing USF tomorrow

5 hours ago

Nice  ;D

• Content Count:  21,335
  • Days Won:  10

That would be fantastic.  Can't wait to add him to our list.

• Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

he's ours to lose.

That would be fantastic.  Can't wait to add him to our list.

It would be fantastic ....  but why can't people just wait and let him announce where he wants to go rather than trying to upstage him?

Just to clarify, I'm not talking about people on this board just passing the info along ...

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

but why can't people just wait and let him announce where he wants to go rather than trying to upstage him?

Unfortunately, it's the world we live in now.

I do feel bad in this instance because I really like the way Cameron and his buddy were going to announce this.

but why can't people just wait and let him announce where he wants to go rather than trying to upstage him?

Unfortunately, it's the world we live in now.

Yeah, and it sucks a lot of the time .... Can't wait for the first time it bites someone in the ass.

Archived