• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Things are looking better for the Notre Dame game....

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  22,705
  • Days Won:  108

ESPN's College Football Live (or whatever) devoted a full 1/2 hour show to Notre Dame last week.  I didn't catch it all, but they are returning 19 (or 18) starters and have a flock of highly rated recruits.

They have 4 QB's, 2 pro style and 2 running types.  Kelly said he was putting in 2 totally different offenses for the 2 type QBs.  I'm thinking it will be hard to game plan based on that.  And we could see a Collaros type situation if they prep for the pro-style offense and they switch it up at some point.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  182
  • Days Won:  2

ESPN's College Football Live (or whatever) devoted a full 1/2 hour show to Notre Dame last week.  I didn't catch it all, but they are returning 19 (or 18) starters and have a **** of highly rated recruits.

They have 4 QB's, 2 pro style and 2 running types.  Kelly said he was putting in 2 totally different offenses for the 2 type QBs.  I'm thinking it will be hard to game plan based on that.  And we could see a Collaros type situation if they prep for the pro-style offense and they switch it up at some point.

Highly rated recruits mean nothing.

You know what they say ... if you have 4 QB's, you really have none.

There is no way a team can run two completely different offenses effectively, especially in the first game.

I'm not saying we'll walk in an get an easy win, but I think we have a very good shot.

ESPN's College Football Live (or whatever) devoted a full 1/2 hour show to Notre Dame last week.  I didn't catch it all, but they are returning 19 (or 18) starters and have a **** of highly rated recruits.

Highly rated recruits mean nothing.

You know what they say ... if you have 4 QB's, you really have none.

There is no way a team can run two completely different offenses effectively, especially in the first game.

I'm not saying we'll walk in an get an easy win, but I think we have a very good shot.

Maybe you missed the part where I said they were returning 19 starters. 

I'm cautiously optimistic about the game because one of the coaches who thought they would beat FSU has the same feeling about ND.  They've been watching a ton of film on ND already.

• Content Count:  12,466
  • Days Won:  25

Things are looking better because my hotels are booked, my planes are booked, and my tickets are ordered. Only thing left for me to do is get tickets to the Cubs game on Friday and pack my bags!

And wait 149 days.

Things are looking better because my hotels are booked, my planes are booked, and my tickets are ordered. Only thing left for me to do is get tickets to the Cubs game on Friday and pack my bags!

And wait 149 days.

Cubbies tix cost us more than the football tickets.  And we did the prepaid parking thing which was, I believe, $35.  Haven't been to Wrigley in many years but I'm sure parking is till a pain.

• Content Count:  1,079
  • Days Won:  0

Here's a little update on the Floyd situation:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6313437

Notre Dame wide receiver Michael Floyd will remain in school and play football this season, his mother, Theresa Romero, said late Friday.

Romero said Floyd told her Friday afternoon that Notre Dame's Office of Residence Life, the school's disciplinary arm, rendered a decision on his future at the school that was positive and he'll be able to stay by fulfilling certain obligations. The Office of Residence Life could have suspended Floyd for a semester.

"Michael feels blessed for the opportunity," Romero said.

Floyd was suspended by coach Brian Kelly March 21 after being cited for drunken driving, with authorities saying his blood alcohol level was twice the legal limit. He still is scheduled for a court date May 2.

It is unknown if Floyd faces further punishment from Kelly.

It was Floyd's third run-in with the law because of alcohol since 2009. Floyd was cited for underage alcohol consumption on May 15, 2009, and later pleaded guilty. He also was cited for underage drinking in Minneapolis on Jan. 8, 2010, not far from his hometown of St. Paul.

Floyd, a 6-foot-3, 227-pound junior, bypassed the NFL draft. He holds the school record for touchdown catches (28) and ranks second in catches (171) and third in receiving yards (2,539).

He had 79 catches for 1,025 yards and 12 TDs last season.

I wouldn't be suprised if Kelly lets him slide. He's probably the teams best player and Kelly really isn't an ethical type of person...

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

He will play in 2011.  Will it be against us is the question.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

They still don't know if Floyd will be suspended.

I doubt ND would sweep this under the rug.

I stand corrected then.

I guess ND is not above everyone else like them seem to think.

• Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

Still not official if the kid will miss a game.  Remember, he'll probsbly take a conviction this summer.

Our pass rush could really frazzle their qb's. . . .it'd be so clutch if this kid is out of the game because he is a manchild.  He is obviously the "hot" receiver in blitz situations.

• Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

And wait 149 days.

Cubbies tix cost us more than the football tickets.  And we did the prepaid parking thing which was, I believe, $35.  Haven't been to Wrigley in many years but I'm sure parking is till a pain.

there's pretty much none now.  the McDonald's and the taco bell across the street open up for something like $30/car, but there's only about 100-150 spots total.  also, almost all of the neighborhood parking is all permit only or there is no parking allowed on cubs game days.

you're better off parking somewhere along the "L" and taking the red line to Addison or Sheridan, or similarly near a bus route.

Archived