• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Things are looking better for the Notre Dame game....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Hooray! let's celebrate the misfortune of college kids!!

Yes, celebrating the <i>misfortune</i> of college kids you never have met and never will meet is SO much more silly than celebrating the athletic <i>achievements</i> of college kids you never have met and never will meet. You sure are justified in your silly little bit of moral high ground here.

touche!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

we better hope for more nd injuries

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

All I can do is laugh at this in light of the above posts.  >:D

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Why?

I think we can beat them regardless of if they had guys hurt, or not.

• Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

Good luck to both. Get well and return on Sept.10.

yessss!!!

• Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Yes, celebrating the <i>misfortune</i> of college kids you never have met and never will meet is SO much more silly than celebrating the athletic <i>achievements</i> of college kids you never have met and never will meet. You sure are justified in your silly little bit of moral high ground here.

touche!

celebrating the misfortune of other human beings is wrong whether you know them or not.  It's likely that you're very insecure and a hater if you partake in such endeavors. Yes I AM justified in my moral high ground. 

• Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

touche!

d0uc#e!

• Content Count:  9,762
  • Days Won:  9

Roberson is a non factor.  McDonald is a marginal loss, but they will have somebody just as good most likely.  Floyd is a much bigger loss.  He's a game changer.  Either way we still can beat them with or without Floyd.  It will just be a different game.  The real key will be stopping the Irish running game with Cierre Wood.  If he goes for 100 they will be tough to beat that day, because you know they can throw it around.  But if we stop the run, than that will make them one dimensional, and our chances to win go way up.....  just my two cents.

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Who is celebrating the misfortunes of college kids?  I simply stated that things were looking better for our chances to beat a very good team; simply stating the obvious.  Plus I said lets stay healthy.  Not sure what thread you were reading.

Hell, I hope that whole army of Gold helmeted, genuflecting drunken Irish get a severe flu two days before kickoff and that they are miraculously healed on the Sunday after the game(risen you might say). This way I am not celebrating a career ending injury just a vomitous setback.Would that be acceptable?

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

touche!

celebrating the misfortune of other human beings is wrong whether you know them or not.   It's likely that you're very insecure and a hater if you partake in such endeavors. Yes I AM justified in my moral high ground. 

Here is my interpretation which has roots in academia...

Contact Sports, especially contact college sports such as football, hockey, rugby, and over in Europe Soccer... are all metaphoric substitutions for war.

Typically the people in one state / region hate the people in another state / region. The colleges represent the states / cities / regions and people from certain parts of a state, whether they have went to that college or not, classify themselves as Gator, Jay Hawk, Bulldog, Buckeye, Wolverine, Cane, Bull, etc.

Thus people are not really rooting for the injury of a certain person or another human being, but of an enemy that they loath because they come from another region that is trying to dominate their region. Best explanation I can do without re-typing the book.

I don't play football so I don't know how the players relate to this theory but I can tell you from observation that the fans do for the most part.  I can however tell you first hand in ice hockey that the players see it in war terms, I have been playing for 17 years now.

A perfect example of this theory in action is over in Europe right now with soccer and how there fans act. Our fans over here are more civilized if you compare the crap that happens over there... big difference between celebrating the injury of an opposing teams player and physically fighting in uniform flanks with garden tools, motlov cocktails, and explosives... however the spirit is the same.

Archived