• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Gus Gilchrist enters his name into the NBA draft

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,052
  • Days Won:  0

Nothing but pipe dreams...crack pipe dreams enit?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

has any one anywhere said this kid has future in nba in last 12 months

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

meh

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

kids do this all the time. it doesn't mean he expects to be drafted. they will evaluate him and tell him what areas to improve upon.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,713
  • Days Won:  109

Other than Gus?

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

At least with Do Jo we could all see a "possible" future in the NBA.  And sure enough he has one.

Nothing on the court would say the same for Gus for me.  Hopefully he is testing waters but will be back.

I think he "could" be good.  He has the athleticism and size.  He just needs to mature up, be a bit of a leader like Dojo was, and have a solid season start to finish.

8 wins this season don't make the case for any player.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

At least with Do Jo we could all see a "possible" future in the NBA.  And sure enough he has one.

Nothing on the court would say the same for Gus for me.  Hopefully he is testing waters but will be back.

I think he "could" be good.  He has the athleticism and size.  He just needs to mature up, be a bit of a leader like Dojo was, and have a solid season start to finish.

8 wins this season don't make the case for any player.

Pardon me.  11 wins, with only like 3 in the BE conf. 

• Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

Gus has a lot of qualities that many NBA teams would love. Heck, I'm sure the Magic nearby would love to take a look at him.

That said, he's not ready, he needs to mature as a basketball player and a man. He should come back and improve his overall game and then he'll be a draftable prospect for sure.

This board is funny.  The same group was saying Dojo shouldn't go and he wasn't ready.  The NBA doesn't give a gosh darn lick about attitude, or chemistry-- watch the NBA much?  They don't play D, and they don't care about college production.  What they care about is potential, and Gus Gilchrist is a 6-10 kid that can shoot the trey consistently, he can dribble penetrate, and post up....he's an NBA poster child because he contains all the offensive weapons the NBA looks for with the ideal size.  Gus is loaded with potential.  They're salavating over Skeen at VCU right now and Gus isn't any different other than the fact Skeen had a worthy supporting cast around him, and a slightly better attitude and work ethic (again things the NBA sadly doesn't care about- a team can draft him an try to motivate him).

He may not get drafted, but as vegas says don't be surprised if dude goes to the pre-draft workouts and scrimmages, and blows the doors off it.  If he takes it seriously he could shock the scouts and get himself drafted.  My bet is he'll do great, but his laundry list of trouble with haunt him and he'll go undrafted but will garner enough interest to get a fat arse contract in Europe.  And for those that say stay around for another year...crazy, because all that laundry list of trouble will never go away, and he'd come back to a sub-par team, with a coach he's not a fan of, and risk injury and the chance he doesn't get workout invites, or the Europoean offers.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

Other than Gus?

Woody ...

Archived