• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ND WR Michael Floyd faces DUI charge

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Bruce Feldman of ESPN tweeted "ND coach Brian Kelly has suspended WR Michael Floyd indefinitely"

Which probably means he'll miss all of spring practice and be back for the summer and the first game.

This.  He will be playing against USF on Sept. 3.  Count on it.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Bruce Feldman of ESPN tweeted "ND coach Brian Kelly has suspended WR Michael Floyd indefinitely"

Which probably means he'll miss all of spring practice and be back for the summer and the first game.

This.  He will be playing against USF on Sept. 3.  Count on it.

+1

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

It might not be up to Kelly. This from a post on the ND board:

brdcstr Member

24 posts this site

Posted: Yesterday 10:37 PM

RE: Floyd busted for DUI!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GaviND wrote: I am surprised the way some people are viewing this.

This is DUI...and it's not like he blew a .09 and was one beer too heavy. This is his second brush with the law in less than two years. I am expecting, and will find it hard to argue against, a heavy handed fine!

According to the following report, this is his THIRD alcohol-related incident in the last two years. Apparently he's still on probation from incident #2, and had a "blood alcohol level of .19, more than double the legal limit in indiana."

http://www.wndu.com/hometop/he...DUI_arrest.html

Notre Dame's Office of ResLife has a history of coming down hard on students in these situations. The student handbook says that if a student has a DUI and has at least one prior alcohol violation, that student must be separated from the university for at least one semester. It also mandates that the student submit to an alcohol assessment.

Floyd has two previous underage drinking citations from his time at home in Minnesota.

According to the Hennepin County Courts, the first happened on May 15, 2009 and the second came on January 8th, 2010. Both times Floyd worked with a court hearing officer to keep the citations out of court. In addition, his fines were reduced each time by $78 and $38 respectively.

In the second incident, Floyd and Minnesota running back Shady Salamon, who were former Cretin-Derham Hall prep teammates in St. Paul, Minn., were cited after police were called to a fight involving six to 10 people. A police report said

Floyd had blood on his shirt and hands.

Floyd is still on probation for the second citation until the end of this month. It’s likely, but yet to be determined if this DUI will violate his probation requirements.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

It might not be up to Kelly. This from a post on the ND board:

brdcstr Member

24 posts this site

Posted: Yesterday 10:37 PM

RE: Floyd busted for DUI!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GaviND wrote: I am surprised the way some people are viewing this.

This is DUI...and it's not like he blew a .09 and was one beer too heavy. This is his second brush with the law in less than two years. I am expecting, and will find it hard to argue against, a heavy handed fine!

According to the following report, this is his THIRD alcohol-related incident in the last two years. Apparently he's still on probation from incident #2, and had a "blood alcohol level of .19, more than double the legal limit in indiana."

http://www.wndu.com/hometop/he...DUI_arrest.html

Notre Dame's Office of ResLife has a history of coming down hard on students in these situations. The student handbook says that if a student has a DUI and has at least one prior alcohol violation, that student must be separated from the university for at least one semester. It also mandates that the student submit to an alcohol assessment.

Floyd has two previous underage drinking citations from his time at home in Minnesota.

According to the Hennepin County Courts, the first happened on May 15, 2009 and the second came on January 8th, 2010. Both times Floyd worked with a court hearing officer to keep the citations out of court. In addition, his fines were reduced each time by $78 and $38 respectively.

In the second incident, Floyd and Minnesota running back Shady Salamon, who were former Cretin-Derham Hall prep teammates in St. Paul, Minn., were cited after police were called to a fight involving six to 10 people. A police report said

Floyd had blood on his shirt and hands.

Floyd is still on probation for the second citation until the end of this month. It’s likely, but yet to be determined if this DUI will violate his probation requirements.

Sounds bad

• Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

If he does get suspending for however many games, it's just going to be another case of a fb player regretting not declaring for the draft. I think ND has no other choice but to suspend him. What message does that send if you don't?

• Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

let's hope they suspend him.  it would be garbage if he's allowed to play.

• Content Count:  2,653
  • Days Won:  2

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

That article is ludicrous.  There's 0 percent chance Floyd goes 1AA or DII.

I could possibly see him going in the supplemental draft, but I think that's even doubtful.  I bet he wont miss more than 3 games.  I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't miss any.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I wish he would play. I want to beat them at their best. no excuses.

Archived