• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

wow...CFN doesnt think highly of the Bulls

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

I remember an article about 2-3 years ago of CFN calling USF "The Next Superpower" or something along those lines.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  88
  • Days Won:  0

I remember an article about 2-3 years ago of CFN calling USF "The Next Superpower" or something along those lines.

Yeah USF was in line to be one and can still reach that but that was before they fired Jim and his staff, not saying that he did or did not deserve being fired that is way over and we have to move on. The fact is New USF is still trying to build again, and recruiting is showing that trend. By that I mean that we no longer recruiting the "old" USF type of players, speed over size, but more pro stlye offensive players and dominate big man in fornt on defense. This takes time to change and will work but patience is key, we can not turn in to Al Davis and except result with players that do not fit the system.

My biggest conern is the inability of USF to hold recruits close to home, like Wilder, Chick, Harrell, Lewis, and many others. I know we got Davis but Chris Moore is better and we lost him and Ruben is good but I have my doubts about him. This could really be a problem that past USF staff had trouble with also, changing cultureis hard but  when will tide truly turn is the question.

Also another reason why I see problems in the future is TCU coming, man are they going to rip it up once they are in a BCS conference because of ability to  pander to recruits about BCS bolw bid in hand ever year and direct path to national chanpionship. I just hope we can inprove on the forth mentioned in the near future.

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Yeah USF was in line to be one and can still reach that but that was before they fired Jim and his staff, not saying that he did or did not deserve being fired that is way over and we have to move on. The fact is New USF is still trying to build again, and recruiting is showing that trend. By that I mean that we no longer recruiting the "old" USF type of players, speed over size, but more pro stlye offensive players and dominate big man in fornt on defense. This takes time to change and will work but patience is key, we can not turn in to Al Davis and except result with players that do not fit the system.

My biggest conern is the inability of USF to hold recruits close to home, like Wilder, Chick, Harrell, Lewis, and many others. I know we got Davis but Chris Moore is better and we lost him and Ruben is good but I have my doubts about him. This could really be a problem that past USF staff had trouble with also, changing cultureis hard but  when will tide truly turn is the question.

Also another reason why I see problems in the future is TCU coming, man are they going to rip it up once they are in a BCS conference because of ability to  pander to recruits about BCS bolw bid in hand ever year and direct path to national chanpionship. I just hope we can inprove on the forth mentioned in the near future.

Not to yank your chain because I hear this comment over and over, but we are NEVER gonna keep all the local talent home, and it's really not a reason for concern. UF and FSU don't have many local kids to even draw from. Miami loses local talent to everyone(i.e. Bridgewater, Watson....). Big metro areas are easy for out of state recruiters to access. Some kids just want to get away from home for school. We will do better developing a national reputation so we can recruit from everywhere. I like the idea of tapping SW Florida, Treasure and Space Coasts, Panhandle, Jax Mickey's backyard and in that big bog in the middle of the state. The northern schools can't spend that much time recruiting in the backwaters of FL where a lot of talent comes from. These kids get overlooked by the recruiting services and many of the schools that try to recruit here from up yonder. CSH appears heavily invested in recruiting GA which is brilliant. Lot of those country kids love the thought of college at the beach. The local kids will follow. The ones that want to stay and play in front of family will give us a preference as the program builds. But we have to get out of the mindset where we think that the only way we can compete is by luring local talent better than we can from elsewhere. If we build it they will come.

• Content Count:  993
  • Days Won:  0

yeah let's start with their math about losing 7 starters?  We lose 5 maybe 6, and that depends on which game they're counting from-- if you really try to stretch it then on paper they're thinking Ketchel, Kelly, Sims, Genus, Bass, Bogan, and Plancher.  We all know Plancher was interchangable with most other RB's getting as many starters, we rarely used the FB so losing a starter is a stretch, and we used five TE's this year so we lose Ketchel's experience but we've got quite a bit too.

Gidrey got the starts. 

• Content Count:  12,465
  • Days Won:  25

There's another one! Might as well just play for 2nd 'cause

From Crambone above:

• Content Count:  2,569
  • Days Won:  1

From Crambone above:

Poor Crambone gets misquoted again. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

From Crambone above:

... But you're point is valid, though. It's TCU coming in, not the Gators or Alabama ... I don't see that as a problem in the future, it's just another challenge. We do what we should be ultimately capable of doing in this conference and we should be up there more often than we're not.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

8th is absurd

we should be able to compete for a title this year... 1st, 2nd, 3rd.... everything else will be disappointing to me.

Guest nybullsfan

8th? Wow. That's some serious bulletin board material.

Hope every prognosticatior out there picks us to finish 8th!!!

• Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

i like how the writer chooses to ignore the fact that WVU(their champ) loses 8 or 9 starters on defense.......lets just ignore that fact shall we?

Archived