• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2011 Nelson Agholor

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

You sure read a lot more into that interview than I did. No Where in it did he say he wasn't interested in USF. He said USC was a dream of his. Who knows whether he will still have a USC offer come July. I mean Lane Kiffin, snake oil salesman extraordinaire. Ask those kids in TN what they think of lane Kiffin.

+1 - From that clip I saw no disinterest with USF.  It certainly would have been nice if he said that his dream school was USF and we were his first offer.....in time we will hear that.

Just curious, to those who follow this stuff closely, does a kid ever come off a visit, or in a reply to a question about a certain school, not say nice things ... ?

you can tell when a kid doesn't think too highly of a program. I don't think Wilder thought very highly of us.

Actually, Wilder made a good point about our location being a factor, good and bad, in the decision of local stars ... but it was kind of funny watching him go on and on about the SEC consdiering where he ended up.  8-)

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

You sure read a lot more into that interview than I did. No Where in it did he say he wasn't interested in USF. He said USC was a dream of his. Who knows whether he will still have a USC offer come July. I mean Lane Kiffin, snake oil salesman extraordinaire. Ask those kids in TN what they think of lane Kiffin.

+1 - From that clip I saw no disinterest with USF.  It certainly would have been nice if he said that his dream school was USF and we were his first offer.....in time we will hear that.

Just curious, to those who follow this stuff closely, does a kid ever come off a visit, or in a reply to a question about a certain school, not say nice things ... ?

you can tell when a kid doesn't think too highly of a program. I don't think Wilder thought very highly of us.

Actually, Wilder made a good point about our location being a factor, good and bad, in the decision of local stars ... but it was kind of funny watching him go on and on about the SEC consdiering where he ended up.  8-)

agreed....but aren't they going to the SEC? 

maybe he knew ahead of time.  ;D

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Somebody is screwing around with him on Twitter. That person created an account with a similar name claiming to be a UF athlete and saying some nasty things. He isn't pleased.

NelsonAgh3 Nelson Agholor

@NelsonAgholor who ever created this twitter thanks but i would like for you to get rid of it now, because i have a twitter of my own

15 Aug

• 4 weeks later...

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

September 11, 2011

Five-star visits USF

Chris Nee

Rivals.com Football Recruiting

A week after winning at Notre Dame, the University of South Florida returned home and hosted Ball State. The Bulls defeated their opponent easily, 37-7 on Saturday, in front of an energized crowd still buzzing from the week before. One prospect in attendance may have generated his own buzz, as five-star athlete Nelson Agholor from Tampa (Fla.) Berkeley Prep made his way to Raymond James Stadium for a visit and to enjoy the game.

Pics from 247

233887.jpg

Nelson Agholor

233886.jpg

Nelson Agholor with Marquel Blackwell

233897.jpg

Nelson Agholor with WR coach Phil McGeoghan

233896.jpg

Nelson Agholor and Coach Kevin Patrick.

233890.jpg

Nelson, Chase and Vernon before the game.

Recruit photo gallery

http://southflorida.247sports.com/Article/Recruit-Photo-Gallery-39413

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Nelson would be a rare gem in this years recruiting tiara. I love that he is rooting for the homeboys no matter where he goes. Im pretty sure he wasn't there to see Ball State

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Not counting on being able to land Agholor, but I'd be ecstatic if we were to pull of the coup.

• Content Count:  3,116
  • Days Won:  7

I think we just need to continue to hedge our bets.

Yes, we brought Agholor to the game, but there are a lot of big name schools who would love to have him, and many of them also have better academics than we do (which will likely matter since he's coming out of one of the region's best schools).

I'd love to have him here, but keep in mind that we are just an option for him. Keep going after Montgomery hard and we'll do what we can with Agholor-a very good season might sway him towards us.

Archived