• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2011 Bullspen Signing Day Results Poll

What grade would you give the Bulls 2011 Recruiting Class?  

75 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

I'd want to say C+, but it's not an option.

I'm not disappointed with this recruiting class, but it's not going to get a lot of people super excited.  I think Skip can build further on his relationships around the Florida high schools and improve recruiting next season.

Spot on Bull Martin, I have a hard time going straight to B and therefore listed it as a C.  A couple of years ago, this would have rated a B, a couple before that an A, but right now and with the Mouskateers to the east killing it for a CUSA team (A-), I had to rate us a C (C+).  Don't hate the messenger  ;)

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  64
  • Days Won:  0

Gave it a C. Grading it on a curve Vs Conference and state rivals. We did OK but clearly we still have a ways to go.

I do think that our coaching staff made the right picks for the team though. they will all fit in well and make a huge difference in a year or two

Go bulls

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I'd want to say C+, but it's not an option.

I'm not disappointed with this recruiting class, but it's not going to get a lot of people super excited.  I think Skip can build further on his relationships around the Florida high schools and improve recruiting next season.

Spot on Bull Martin, I have a hard time going straight to B and therefore listed it as a C.  A couple of years ago, this would have rated a B, a couple before that an A, but right now and with the Mouskateers to the east killing it for a CUSA team (A-), I had to rate us a C (C+).  Don't hate the messenger  ;)

That's what I was thinking.  We filled some holes which is why I would have said C+ and not a C, but most sites have the talent of our classes in the 50s out of 120 teams.  It's an average class and we filled some holes.

I wouldn't give us a solid B unless we had around a top 30 class.  I'd call an A anywhere from a top 15 or maybe top 20 class.

We've got a lot of room for improvement on the recruiting front.  In CUSA this would be a B+ or A class, but I want to see more from a BCS conference team.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Ask this question in 2 or 3 seasons when all these guys will be playing.

we ask now

next year

2 years

3years

4 years

c at the  very best

So say this class wins a Big East title in a couple of seasons when they make their biggest impact. Is that then still a "C" grade?

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Ask this question in 2 or 3 seasons when all these guys will be playing.

we ask now

next year

2 years

3years

4 years

c at the  very best

So say this class wins a Big East title in a couple of seasons when they make their biggest impact. Is that then still a "C" grade?

Obviously not, unless they do it in the same fashion UConn did this year.

All we can grade on is potential as seen by shady recruiting sites.  Those of us that follow recruiting on said shady sites know that we missed on a few guys that we had shots with.  We're still in a position where some kids just think they're to big for USF.

The only thing USF can do is get bigger.  Relative to USF it's probably a solid B class, but relative to the NCAA it's a solid C.

• Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

I give the class an A for many of the same reasons most said C.

We recruited exactly what was needed, we signed nearly every targeted player, we signed good people and players. CSH appears to have come into this year with a plan, and from his comments last night, executed that plan pretty much the way it was laid out.

• Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Needs addressed.  Solid B. 

Next year I'm expecting the exciting/high marker type players.  RB, DB, QB, S, WR, DE.  The ones with "stars"

+1 Solid B

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Needs addressed.  Solid B. 

Next year I'm expecting the exciting/high marker type players.  RB, DB, QB, S, WR, DE.  The ones with "stars"

I believe he brought in a 5 star and a 4 star RB last year.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I give the class an A for many of the same reasons most said C.

We recruited exactly what was needed, we signed nearly every targeted player, we signed good people and players. CSH appears to have come into this year with a plan, and from his comments last night, executed that plan pretty much the way it was laid out.

+1

I didn't see a lot of reaches in this class. I expect to see most of them stick around for the next 4 or 5 years.

Archived