• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Athletics Facilities Discussion

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  809
  • Days Won:  0

(per my high ranking source who gave me the tour of the facilities).

Does your high ranking source know you love Florida State? <sarcasm> ;D

Yup, he knows my love for both schools. He also said that FSU refuses to play USF in baseball.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,412

He also said that FSU refuses to play USF in baseball.

What is the rationale behind that?

FSU will not travel down here and then we said we will not go up there if they don't come down... It has been a big pissing contest since the '80s

Additionally, when I toured the facilities on Friday, the plan was to still have Softball in the stadium for their opener.

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

A couple of morning tweets from Bill McGillis:

Just walked site; take FB at end of Jan. AWESOME! BB/SB on track but close call for late Feb; Muma - all walls up this week

Amazing to see stretch run of a stadium coming together. Baseball and softball seats arrive today. Scoreboard construction underway.

Finishing touches going on at FB Practice Facility. Fire Marshal on campus today for walk-through. Landscaping in. Fencing nearly complete

Staff finishing baseball and softball marketing game plan. Focus on USF students, youth bball/sball communities and established USF fan base

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,570
  • Days Won:  423

Just an update.  I walked by the practice fields, and they look 99% complete. Looks like the final touches are going in; railings on the ramp, platforms for video towers, and final touches to the building.  It looks amazing. They even have the field lines down on the grass.

I must be freaking blind .... where are the video towers??

• Content Count:  827

Just an update.  I walked by the practice fields, and they look 99% complete. Looks like the final touches are going in; railings on the ramp, platforms for video towers, and final touches to the building.  It looks amazing. They even have the field lines down on the grass.

No video towers yet. Just the platforms for the video towers.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,570
  • Days Won:  423

Thanks ... Glad to know I'm not crazy. I thought if the fire marshal was coming thru everythig had to be up and pretty close to complete

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Keep the pics and updates coming for us out of town Bulls.  Thank you all so much!!!

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Thanks ... Glad to know I'm not crazy. I thought if the fire marshal was coming thru everythig had to be up and pretty close to complete

No. No towers, just the wooden frames to pour cement behind the endzones (at least thats what it was a few days ago).

• Content Count:  1,412

What they are going to need is a few more light poles!  At night that seen will be interesting!

Archived