• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Athletics Facilities Discussion

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  521
  • Days Won:  0

anyone know what will happen to the old football practice fields as well as old baseball/softball stadiums?

i was on campus yesturday looking at all the changes and saw the space where the old fields were, and let me say that there is more than enough room back there for a brand new on campus stadium

• Content Count:  827

anyone know what will happen to the old football practice fields as well as old baseball/softball stadiums?

i was on campus yesturday looking at all the changes and saw the space where the old fields were, and let me say that there is more than enough room back there for a brand new on campus stadium

Old baseball and softball stadiums were torn down. Baseball new stadium is in the same place the old one was. The new football practice facility is now where the old softball stadium was.

• Content Count:  827

Kind of an on topic question:

I know that the new basketball facility will house basketball offices for the coaches.  Will the new soccer, baseball and softball facilities house their respective coaches offices as well or do they have offices in the athletics complex?

Baseball and Softballl will continue to have their offices and locker rooms in the athletic building.

Are you sure about this?  I was under the impression that locker rooms are at the stadium??  Not sure about coaches offices.

Yes I am sure about this. I was just there last week and was given a tour. Baseball and softball offices and locker rooms will remain in athletics building.

• Content Count:  1,079

This was on Bill McGillis' Twitter page, labeled Install of Field Turf in best Batting Cages in college baseball:

238643937.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1297350099&Signature=%2F3Sfe6fC0KLDZErV6%2BaXphehmwY%3D

238644035.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1297350198&Signature=i7W%2BuIvqayHN5IzaAEaIF%2FqGSJI%3D

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Old baseball and softball stadiums were torn down. Baseball new stadium is in the same place the old one was. The new football practice facility is now where the old softball stadium was.

And the old football fields are going to be sports clubs practice fields for rugby, lacrosse, ultimate, etc.

• Content Count:  684

Made this map to help me visualize where all the shifts in Athletics were...let me know if I have something labeled wrong or mis-categorized a current use.  Does anyone know the fate of numbers 3, 12, and 14?

7mA5Fl.jpg

http://bit.ly/e75dUo

• Content Count:  1,158

There are some great shots as well on the Bulls Club facebook page.

Yep, the Bulls Club has gone facebook and twitter.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/USF-Bulls-Club/165989613437694

Eric

Archived