• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Athletics Facilities Discussion

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

And once again those pics were taken earlier in the day then when the Bulls games start @ 7pm.

Looking at that shadow from the picture it's at least 5pm, if not later.

BTW, they took down the outer construction fence, so you should have a good view of the field now (didn't take pic since it was dark).

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  827
  • Days Won:  0

And once again those pics were taken earlier in the day then when the Bulls games start @ 7pm.

BTW, they took down the outer construction fence, so you should have a good view of the field now (didn't take pic since it was dark).

LOL. I guess we will see on next Fri. I am sure there will be a few pictures taken on the first pitch and we'll see where the shadow ends. There is no question there will be a shadow but I think the shadow will extend well past the pitcher's mound by first pitch.

Either way, advantage goes to the Bulls if there is a shadow issue from mound to home plate as we will see it every game and the opponent won't.

Go Bulls!

• Content Count:  2,523

When you see something like this you can't help but feel how embarrassed our players must have felt before at the old field with the portable toilets...That's a sweet facility...

• Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

When you see something like this you can't help but feel how embarrassed our players must have felt before at the old field with the portable toilets...That's a sweet facility...

Agreed.

It's almost to the point of when looking back at how bad it was, you can only think... How was it allowed to happen and for so long?

At least the old players can have "In my day..." or "Back when I played we had..." stories

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Softball:

242251789.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1297828762&Signature=iVyZ0uj0BBBhctPlMiQ7DVs0mbY%3D

242251144.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1297828763&Signature=SLNHCxMavKfMvm15scZumpPz7Z0%3D

Yeah, pictures not showing up.

It's almost to the point of when looking back at how bad it was, you can only think... How was it allowed to happen and for so long?

That, and how was it baseball and softball were still able to compete for Regionals, Super-Regionals, and Big East Championships?

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

LOL. I guess we will see on next Fri. I am sure there will be a few pictures taken on the first pitch and we'll see where the shadow ends. There is no question there will be a shadow but I think the shadow will extend well past the pitcher's mound by first pitch.

Either way, advantage goes to the Bulls if there is a shadow issue from mound to home plate as we will see it every game and the opponent won't.

Go Bulls!

It won't be an issue early on, but after March 13 it might be.

Agree that the shadows should impact the infield/outfield more, but it could come into play if there is abad hop between the sun and shade.

• Content Count:  1,412

Go Bulls!

It won't be an issue early on, but after March 13 it might be.

Agree that the shadows should impact the infield/outfield more, but it could come into play if there is abad hop between the sun and shade.

it won't be an issue, TV makes it out to be worse than it is.

You want bad... Bend, OR had a baseball field where the sun set in left center field...  When I was there it was home to the Rockies farm club.

216867.aspx

You can see the weak ass net they try to put up as a sun break!

Tim Salmon (left handed), a first round stud, took a pitch right in the cheek and never got out of the way, didn't see it in setting sun.  Only place I had ever seen it.

Walking by there today, I saw where the fence had come down.  At the corner of Bull Run and Elm Drive, the way the sidewalk and new fence are, they put in some big palm trees, but its also the perfect spot for a Bull statue.

Archived