• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Athletics Facilities Discussion

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

anyone know what will happen to the old football practice fields as well as old baseball/softball stadiums?

i was on campus yesturday looking at all the changes and saw the space where the old fields were, and let me say that there is more than enough room back there for a brand new on campus stadium

Old baseball and softball stadiums were torn down. Baseball new stadium is in the same place the old one was. The new football practice facility is now where the old softball stadium was.

And the old football fields are going to be sports clubs practice fields for rugby, lacrosse, ultimate, etc.

Actually, the new Tennis Complex is slated to be built where the old football fields are.... leaving the corner where the current tennis complex conveniently empty for a possible OCS... the space is there and it's convenient to everything. The IM fields are over on the other side of campus now by Magnolia. IIRC on the master plan, there weren't going to be any IM fields on the east side of campus after everything was built out.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest nybullsfan

Made this map to help me visualize where all the shifts in Athletics were...let me know if I have something labeled wrong or mis-categorized a current use.  Does anyone know the fate of numbers 3, 12, and 14?

http://bit.ly/e75dUo

Nice diagram, thanks!

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

anyone know what will happen to the old football practice fields as well as old baseball/softball stadiums?

i was on campus yesturday looking at all the changes and saw the space where the old fields were, and let me say that there is more than enough room back there for a brand new on campus stadium

Old baseball and softball stadiums were torn down. Baseball new stadium is in the same place the old one was. The new football practice facility is now where the old softball stadium was.

And the old football fields are going to be sports clubs practice fields for rugby, lacrosse, ultimate, etc.

Actually, the new Tennis Complex is slated to be built where the old football fields are.... leaving the corner where the current tennis complex conveniently empty for a possible OCS... the space is there and it's convenient to everything. The IM fields are over on the other side of campus now by Magnolia. IIRC on the master plan, there weren't going to be any IM fields on the east side of campus after everything was built out.

10 Page OCS rant in  5..................4.......................3.........................................2....................

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

10 Page OCS rant in  5..................4.......................3.........................................2....................

Yeah... I was trying to avoid it but didn't see any other way... mis info bugs me.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

http://thebullspen.com/index.php?topic=25906.0

• Content Count:  7,890

Yeah... I was trying to avoid it but didn't see any other way... mis info bugs me.

I dont blame you ;)

Guest nybullsfan

http://thebullspen.com/index.php?topic=25906.0

That one's only 3 pages long - we've atill got another 12 pages to fill in THIS thread.  >:D

I just hope we make sure the OCS is approved by a Feng Shui expert to avoid the "Indian Burial Ground" problems of the Sun Dome...

• Content Count:  684

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

We just redid the current tennis complex. Why would we build a whole new one?  If we do its likely a decade out.

I heard that the old football fields go to Campus Rec for the sports clubs to practice on, part of a swap for the old IM fields (now the soccer stadium and new football fields).

• Content Count:  684

Does anyone know what we use # 12 and 14 for on that map I made? (page 2 I believe)

Archived