• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Athletics Facilities Discussion

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  48
  • Days Won:  0

You guys all forgot the most important part to be completed for the Fire Inspection and for us as Fans...the party deck! Is that done, safe and sound? That is what I am most concerned about, followed in a close second by the bathroom! >:D

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

lol

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,569
  • Days Won:  423

You guys all forgot the most important part to be completed for the Fire Inspection and for us as Fans...the party deck! Is that done, safe and sound? That is what I am most concerned about, followed in a close second by the bathroom! >:D

And don't forget these ....

DrinkinFountain.jpg

Will be needing them shortly.

• Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

It doesent look like certain parts of the stadium will be painted in time (ie the pillars at the top of the seats holding up the overhang. I hate when you can see bare concrete! I know it all will be painted, but I wish they would have gotten it done in time for the first game.

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Tweets from Bill:

Great story on new USF ballparks in St. Pete Times today. http://bit.ly/gaUvPw

Absolute madness as near USF baseball/softball stadium openers tom/Fri. Bells & whistles, finishing touches next 3 weeks, but we are on...

Landscaping gorgeous. Stunning beauty for a college facility. Fans who have not been on USF campus lately will be shocked upon arrival

Videoboards, stadium graphics, donor naming recognition, other site work to follow during month of March. Enough in place 2 play ball!

• Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

"Because of the economy and state of the construction industry, Woolard estimates that USF saved 15 percent to 25 percent in costs on the new facilities.

And by building the baseball and softball stadiums as a single entity with a shared entrance, the Bulls were able to build a concrete stadium with all seatbacks, as opposed to early models with metal bleachers."

Certain other schools may have built first

But by being patient.. we build them right... and with the economy on our side.. much cheaper

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I think building them together was a brilliant idea.

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

"Because of the economy and state of the construction industry, Woolard estimates that USF saved 15 percent to 25 percent in costs on the new facilities.

And by building the baseball and softball stadiums as a single entity with a shared entrance, the Bulls were able to build a concrete stadium with all seatbacks, as opposed to early models with metal bleachers."

Certain other schools may have built first

But by being patient.. we build them right... and with the economy on our side.. much cheaper

bingo

Work smarter, not harder.

• Content Count:  1,390

I can live with a temporary scoreboard and no berm access for a few weeks. We've waited this long, whats a few extra games!  ;D

• Content Count:  809

Don't get too excited about the Party Deck, unless you're invited to whichever group is paying for it at each game. It's not a public party deck.

But yes, it'll be done for the first series.

There will be some minor cosmetic things being done over the next 2-3 weeks to finish everything up.

There's no berm seating because the sod has to settle still. However, tailgate chairs WILL be allowed once the berms open up in the future.

Archived