• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Gilchrist

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

heath needs to turn it around next year

or wolves will be at door

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,390
  • Days Won:  0

Probably some joker who scrubs toilets at 1040.

Anyone can create a Twitter account and act like an authority.

These posts are meaningless until I see something from a credible reporter like Greg Auman or Adam Adkins.

From twitter last night:

gregauman: USF coach Stan Heath still hasn't talked to forward Augustus Gilchrist, said he does not expect him to return to Bulls basketball team.

And a story from the St Pete Times...

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/content/heath-doesnt-expect-gilchrist-back-team

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,626
  • Days Won:  424

TO those saying its looking bad they are right.....check these out.....

@ESPN1040JoshD A source is saying that Coach Heath has "lost his players and many want him fired." 7 hours ago via Touiteur

@ESPN1040JoshD Not good vibes coming from the #USF locker room and a lot more could be happening with this program and team in the coming weeks

7 hours ago via Touiteur

@ESPN1040JoshD A few weeks ago an NBA scout stated that Gilchrist had been unfortunately diagnosed with "chronic heartlessness" for the game....

7 hours ago via Touiteur

@ESPN1040JoshD To those who were asleep, a source close to the #USF MBB, says that Coach Heath has lost his players and many want him fired....

2 Minutes ago via web

Who is Josh D?

These posts are meaningless until I see something from a credible reporter like Greg Auman or Adam Adkins.

Actually, he appears to be a little more than a floor scrubber: http://espn1040.com/includes/blog/index.php?action=blog&blog_id=14  but who knows how good his actual source is ... A real source would have had more on Gus before last night.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,626
  • Days Won:  424

From twitter last night:

gregauman: USF coach Stan Heath still hasn't talked to forward Augustus Gilchrist, said he does not expect him to return to Bulls basketball team.

And a story from the St Pete Times...

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/content/heath-doesnt-expect-gilchrist-back-team

That's not the questionable part ... it's the stuff about other players.

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

This situation speaks worse for Gus than Heath.  This smacks of no heart or loyalty. 

This. Gilchrist has never struck me as one of those mentally clutch players. In my opinion, his soft play has been a reflection of what's going on the kids head. If he can get his head outta Namby Pamby Land, he may be able to cash in on his physical attributes someday.

• Content Count:  958

I like the way the team played minus, " Fussy Gus " ::) . I say let him go  some where that he can be  " THE MAN " .,  ???  so that Heath can let our players play as a TEAM .

• Content Count:  2,523

He's not capable of being DA MAN as shown by his 10 ppg average.  Hard to take him seriously like that.  A true STUD scores at least 15 plus even in a "bad system" bc let's face it, at the end of the day it's just 5 on 5 basketball and no one can stop you from doing what you want when you get the ball.  He's had the minutes to do plenty more damage.  When guys coming off the bench are outscoring the most physically talented kid on the team, that's all due to lack of "want to".  Especially when he was getting more minutes!

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

Gus is a moron if he decides to leave, or did enough to get himself cut. Enjoy Division II basketball and good luck getting an NBA offer with that.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

He's not capable of being DA MAN as shown by his 10 ppg average.  Hard to take him seriously like that.  A true STUD scores at least 15 plus even in a "bad system" bc let's face it, at the end of the day it's just 5 on 5 basketball and no one can stop you from doing what you want when you get the ball.  He's had the minutes to do plenty more damage.  When guys coming off the bench are outscoring the most physically talented kid on the team, that's all due to lack of "want to".  Especially when he was getting more minutes!

Like DJ last year

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

heath needs to turn it around next year

or wolves will be at door

What are the chances he is still the coach next year? If any of this rumor stuff has any truth to it, coupled with the body of work that Coach Heath has created (it's starting to look like we won thanks to DoJo... which many suspected all along), then might it be wise to start considering a coaching change?

I'll tell you one thing. I noticed 5-star QB recruit Teddy Bridgewater at the Auburn game last night. Clearly bored the majority of the time. Hate to say it, but our bball atmosphere leaves a lot to be desired... and I know it's holiday break but WOW there were no students, especially compared to when I was a student... kinda makes me want to resurrect Death Row...

Archived