• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Gilchrist

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,616
  • Days Won:  1

no one knows what exactly happened. He didn't go with team to Kent St, but didn't "walk out" for "selfish reasons." coach knew he planned to leave and didn't want to announce because he wanted to change his mind which he did. Players transferring schools is common. I'm sure Gus had his reasons and is not known for being bigger than team or other selfish reasons even when he was supposed to be "star" of team. maybe Gus' reasons for planning to transfer were not the "best" but I believe he had legitimate reasons to think about leaving team.

Not sure where you're getting your info but I think some of it may be a little bit too skewed to the player ... If you walk out on your team for anything other than something catastrophic, it's selfishness... and I'm not sure it's real common for players to transfer schools in the middle of a season ... maybe I'm wrong there.

because I know Gus personally and found out from him Sunday he was planning to transfer. I'm not going in depth but it was something internal with team and I didn't want to ask anything else because it was his business, not mine

Sorry, if it is his business why are you sharing any of it then?  To me this has as much credence as the earlier reports from everyone that had information from inside the team saying that it was a mutiny of the entire team against Heath and blah blah blah.  If you are not at liberty to speak to the entire story, and you are the personal friend of GG you really should leave it alone completely.  Not much of a friend if you ask me. 

when people speak ill of him, it's hard to ignore it. I sat next to Eveld's sister during UConn game and tough not to say anything bad because it would be rude and result in drama. I shared my little part because I know a little more and don't want to say anything else that could cause any problems with team or Gus. I would have said something Sunday about him transferring but I have friend who contributes to this board and asked if I should say anything and he advised me to not not say anything. However, when the word of him transferring got out I gave some info on topic. I know if someone's friend of family member were member of Bulls Athletics, and people spoke poorly of their character, someone would react to it. You can have your opinion on kind of friend I am, but I know how things are with me and Gus.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived