• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Risk getting end zone or corner going thru usf or guaranteed 30 yd line thru TM?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  58
  • Days Won:  0

The scalpers have 50 yard line 7th row behind USF bench for $107 right now. I'm spending the money to get there, paying for a hotel, I'm sitting in the good seats.

This.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Sorry, if you're paying a lot of money to go sit where you want.

USF will sell the usual 4-5k and move on regardless...

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I will always buy tickets through USF even if I know it will be the crappiest seats in the house.  Cause when we end up 11-1 #8 in the BCS poll and #2 in the Big East, I don't want to end up at Mieneke or Champs because USF "doesn't travel well".  But that's just me

This is why I chose to buy through USF... that and I got burned on StubHub for the Gayturd game...

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I will always buy tickets through USF even if I know it will be the crappiest seats in the house.  Cause when we end up 11-1 #8 in the BCS poll and #2 in the Big East, I don't want to end up at Mieneke or Champs because USF "doesn't travel well".  But that's just me

This is why I chose to buy through USF... that and I got burned on StubHub for the Gayturd game...

And if that still happens at least I did my part.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  3,467

Really, for me all road trips are about the total experience and bowl trips more so.  Buying tix through USF allows me to sit with fellow Bulls fans, usually many of whom I know, to root in unison for the team and to discuss the game.  For me, this enhances the experience.  That is my main reason for buying through the school.  The fact that it benefits the bottom line is just a plus.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Like I said in the NYE topic...we'll see how everyone's view on this changes when we get to a BCS Bowl and you're looking at a $160 face value per ticket.

At that point I'm sure Not going through the school will be ok...

• Content Count:  17,061

When BCS bowl comes I will be there buying through USF chilling with Judy (what a GREAT president)

• Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  12

If I'm going to spend the small amount of time I get off of work and school, the small amount of excess money I have, and the small amount of time that I get to see my out-of-state girlfriend flying to Charlotte, NC for the new years, I'm going to ensure that it is the best experience that it can be. If USF can assist me with that process, then I would love to purchase tickets from them, but I've also been screwed more often than not from the USF ticket office. I have been overly ecstatic, though, with every group of tickets that I have received from Stubhub.

I have attended every home game and two away games this season (UF, Louisville), make annual donations to USF and paid for several years of tuition to USF... I don't feel the need to show more loyalty. It's a business and USF knows that. I paid them an annual tuition for an education based on a product that they promoted and provided to me. If at any time they stopped providing me with a product that was worth my money, I would have gotten up and attended a different program. With that being said, I was very happy with my time at USF and the amount of money I paid to attend the university.

What do you mean USF can't control which seats they are given? Well, they and/or the Big East should get a better negotiator if that is the case as they are the only two teams playing that game in a neutral site stadium. Granted, Clemson is by far the "home team," but it would not be hard to give USF and Clemson both great seats in equal capacity while distributing and addition allotment of second grade tickets to Clemson so that they can sell addition tickets (which is expected of them due to sheer proximity to the game).

Anyone who is not assuring that they are getting the best seats (whether due to location or proximity to USF fans, based on their personal preferences) for their money is not only a bad consumer, but a bad provider for whichever guests and/or family members they are taking with them. Blindly ordering with USF solely for the reason of "we will get better bowl games because we ordered through USF this year" without weighing the options with other providers is just silly. I purchased my El Paso tickets through Stubhub as did many others and there were scenarios out there that would have sent us to San Diego, El Paso, Charlotte, Orlando, Birmingham and St. Petersburg... with that in mind, it doesn't sound like my Stubhub purchased anything there. With the Big East's current bowl lineup, I'm not sure how we could have done better without winning the conference. In a down year, we were still highly coveted. The most important thing is to get to the game and support the team as fans. Wear Green and Gold, have a good time, be hospitable and enjoy the game. People seem to overlook the importance of fans actually getting to enjoy the game. Ultimately, that's why the games are played... for the fans. I'm not going to enjoy a game where I can't even watch it and if that's the case, then I'll just stay at home and save the money.

This argument that we have to order from USF no matter what is so asinine that I can't even explain it's stupidity. Look, USF isn't going to cut you a check for the bad tickets.. they aren't going to pay for your hotel or flight... why? Because they understand that it's your job as a consumer and fan to source out the best way for you to get there and attend the game and view the game; they know they don't have the responsibility to handle all that for you and they don't owe it to you.... just like you don't owe it to purchase their product from them unless they make it attractive. Hence the bowl packages with travel and hotel included (that's a highly attractive option). If purchasing from USF at all costs is so important, then why doesn't every advocate of this purchase up the USF allotment and put the extras on Stubhub... if they are a good seats, I'll purchase them from there and you can make a profit AND help USF fullfil their allotment. Until USF can assure me better (not fantastic... but better) ticket options from my dealings with them... I'll pass on placing my blind faith with the USF ticket office.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I'm not sure why you guys are arguing it.  To each his own.  As someone else said, USF will probably sell out it's allotment.  So, who cares if some people want, "better" seats.  I swear, you guys will argue about everything.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Right now usf is giving a range of sections for $75, most in the corner or endzone.  Ticketmaster has tix on the 30 yd line, usf side for $75 as well.  I have gotten screwed in the past getting tix thru usf since i buy my season tickets from a friend and current season ticket holder who has  8 tickets and only uses 4, which means I lost my priority points a couple years ago when I gave up my tickets.  Since I don't have any priority points I dont want to get stuck in the end zone when I could be on the 30.  I would rather buy thru usf to use up our allotment, but not at the sacrifice of getting lousy tickets when better are available outside our allotment.

The most important thing is attending! 

While that is true, it also helps USF if you buy through their block of seats. Some of those $75 seats that USF has are around the 20-25 yard line.

Archived