• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Risk getting end zone or corner going thru usf or guaranteed 30 yd line thru TM?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

The truth of the matter is, it's ******* ridiculous that someone can't buy better seats than USF was allotted and still have it count toward USF's allotment. What's the sense in that?

It seems to me that it would be easy to set up a process by which someone could go through USF's Web site to go to ticket master, then buy whatever tickets they want and have it count. This can already be done with other Web sites ... another message board I frequent gets referral bonuses whenever someone clicks a link to Amazon from the site, because of some coding that was put in courtesy of a deal with Amazon.

When there are tickets at the 30 available for the same price as tickets in the corner of the stadium, it seems unrealistic to expect everyone to pass on the better tickets at the same price.

Dude....in all seriousness, don't worry about it. Just go and enjoy the game. Wear your green. Be a visible Bulls fan in Charlotte before and after the game.  Don't worry about what anyone else thinks. The fact that you are going is much more than probably most bulls fans can say.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Not only will USF have to write the check, more importantly it hurts the reputation of the fan base and school for not traveling, possibly hurting our bowl selection in future years. I'd go with the first suggestion if you can sell the USF tickets or something to do that at all possible.

That is what people say, but to be honest I think bowls are smarter than that.  These aren't dumb people that put these things on and event promoters are smart enough to realize the kind of effect a team has on selling tickets.  Sure the ones purchased through USF are direct, but if 10k people decide to go to the game because they like USF and purchase tickets through ticketmaster, I think our reputation will grow.

But of course I see the entire thing for what it is - a business.  So to me the biggest motivation for buying through USF isn't the view from the seats as much as it is much more fun to watch the game surrounding by knowledgeable bulls fans than at the 50 yard line surrounded by clemson fans - or worse old folks yelling at me to sit down all game!

• Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

(Note: I come here today as a fan of common sense).

You do know you are a UCF fan right.....those 2 things don't go together.....at all.  ;)

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

The truth of the matter is, it's ******* ridiculous that someone can't buy better seats than USF was allotted and still have it count toward USF's allotment. What's the sense in that?

It seems to me that it would be easy to set up a process by which someone could go through USF's Web site to go to ticket master, then buy whatever tickets they want and have it count. This can already be done with other Web sites ... another message board I frequent gets referral bonuses whenever someone clicks a link to Amazon from the site, because of some coding that was put in courtesy of a deal with Amazon.

When there are tickets at the 30 available for the same price as tickets in the corner of the stadium, it seems unrealistic to expect everyone to pass on the better tickets at the same price.

I think the organizers of the bowl feel they ahve a better chance selling "the good seats" to the casual fan.  Take it for what it is, but they know both schools are on the hook to buy 8k seats and they'd just assume keep the prime seats around the 50's to try and sell to locals or casual fans.  

I wouldn't worry too much about it.  If seat location is important I'd buy through ticket master.  If sitting next to bulls fans is important then buy through USF.

• Content Count:  529
  • Days Won:  1

Triple B, are you saying that because of the fans that are more concerned with seat locations than helping the university or because their existence upsets some of us?

I know that through my efforts with the Bulls Club they always stressed the importance of letting others know that obviously they want people to go but that it directly benefits the school to buy your tickets through them.

It is like season tickets...you can always get better seats for cheaper throughout the year but buying season tickets benefits the school way more than buying from a scalper.

• Content Count:  529
  • Days Won:  1

I don't know. It sounds like the whole..."my one vote doesn't count so I'm not gonna vote" thing. Every ticket sold through the university helps.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

It's threads like this one and the New Year's Eve party one that serve as examples of just how "young" we are, overall, as a fanbase ...

I don't think either difficulties selling out ticket allotments or people not buying tickets through the school are problems unique to USF.

How about I put it this way:

It's threads like this one and the New Year's Eve party one that serve as examples of just how far we have to go to be on par, in some aspects, with the established, traditional programs that we strive to be like one day ...  8-)

Triple B, are you saying that because of the fans that are more concerned with seat locations than helping the university or because their existence upsets some of us?

My bad, thought it was obvious ...

This thread is silliness.  I read the same thing on UCFs boards with the added urgency of "The Big East is watching!!!"

I don't buy tickets through UCF for the same reasons the original poster mentioned.  Fool me once, shame on you (Liberty 07), fool me twice...well darnit shame on me but I'm a fan (St. Pete 2009) - you can bet I won't be buying again soon.

The good news is - the original poster can sit smugly in his great seats knowing that the rest of you "answered the call for king and country" and 2-4 tickets will not make a difference.

Until you have a 10-11 win season and end up in St. Pete, I'd go with the assumption that it ISNT your travel record that is dictating your bowl appearances.

(Note: I come here today as a fan of common sense).

Seriously, is any more proof needed that buying through USF is the way to go ....?  :D

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I will always buy tickets through USF even if I know it will be the crappiest seats in the house.  Cause when we end up 11-1 #8 in the BCS poll and #2 in the Big East, I don't want to end up at Mieneke or Champs because USF "doesn't travel well".  But that's just me

Archived